Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Undermined Miners -AU Group RP with Pie Sisters. [OOC]

Limestone-Pie

Soil, granite, bismuth, pumice, obsidian. They all were hurled from the earth with a tremendous force as stone was ground into powder by gnashing metallic teeth. Only to then be hauled away from the behemoth drilling rigs in rattling trucks, over the dreary landscape to the burning industrial heart an eternity away. Then leaving the process to resume again, cutting deeper into the crust. The continual wound deepening, until...

Work had never been particularly hard to find in Equestria, and the factories were always humming and eager for more workers. Though as materials in the industrialized powerhouse began to run short Celestia began throwing funding at the self-titled "Rock Farms" in hopes of obtaining more iron, and other wealth from the earth. At wits end, this drives you -the player- to apply for a position at the Pie Flats Mining Corporation. It was hardly ideal, but if mining in a rig meant food to eat and a place to sleep it seemed like all there was left. 

------------------------

Greetings and salutations to any of you chaps reading this ad. This role play is something I've been yearning to take out for a spin for a while. It revolves around an Equestria different from how we know it, spurred into a industrial state by a technological Renaissance. 

Your character, down of their luck, would be pushed to join a new mining crew hired on by the Pie Family. Using a giant drilling rig, you'd serve as the crew who maintains the machine as it travels into the earth for material wealth. You'd naturally interact with the Pie sisters along the way, who serve as the overseers and foremares of the drill rig. I'd be playing the sisters, and you'd essentially work under them until something inevitably goes horribly wrong. 

Yes, naturally, distaste strikes when there is a cave-in that heavily damages the drill and traps everyone in a cavern under the earth. From there it becomes an action/adventure narrative as you all must trek through the depths of these caves to escape. Only to encounter strange creatures and environs below. 

From there...the sky is the limit. As you'd be working alongside the Pie sisters, you can peruse friendships or even mild romances as you attempt to escape. Though I will have to lay down various ground rules...

1) Responses must at least be one paragraph, containing decent grammar and spelling. As this is an adventure I'd like something to work with!

2) Characters cannot be Mary/Gary Sues, that's self-explanatory. 

3) Please try to respond as frequently as possible within the established response order! I'd like the narrative to flow, and that can't be achieved through long breaks in responses.

4) Keep things within site rules and regulations, that's also self-explanatory.

5) Characters need a reason to want to work at the Rock Farm. It doesn't need to be anything in-depth, just something to get me thinking.

Alright, sorry for being so long-winded about things! If you are at all interested leave a response below, and we'll review your application to hire you on to our crew! 

--------------------

Position One: (Miss Reaper)

Position Two: (Genessee) 

Position Three: (Orange Sparks)

Position Four: (VOID)

Edited by Limestone-Pie

This seems like an interesting idea! I think I'd like to toss my (albino) batpony, Lunar Symphony, in for consideration:

GzwKnYL.png

(Click for full size?? I scaled it down so this post wouldn't be so huge and I don't know how to do spoilers on the new MLP Forums omg)

Anyway, Lunar's just looking to get by, but she's fallen on hard times before even the advent of the Rock Farms because of the fact that she's blind. She gets around through the use of echolocation, but employers still steer clear of her because of the perceived handicap. She's got nowhere to go but the Rock Farms - and hey, perhaps her echolocation serves as an advantage here, when she's so attuned to the vibrations around her.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Orange Sparks said:

Interesting...hmm just wondering who would be good for this, I do kind of have my ex-alicorn/thestral Oc

Being of supreme power like alicorns aren't exactly allowed. They present too many issues for a world where Celestia and the other princesses are meant to be the only alicorns. Though, if you have something else it's best to provide any information you have available.

3 hours ago, Miss Reaper said:

This seems like an interesting idea! I think I'd like to toss my (albino) batpony, Lunar Symphony, in for consideration:

GzwKnYL.png

(Click for full size?? I scaled it down so this post wouldn't be so huge and I don't know how to do spoilers on the new MLP Forums omg)

Anyway, Lunar's just looking to get by, but she's fallen on hard times before even the advent of the Rock Farms because of the fact that she's blind. She gets around through the use of echolocation, but employers still steer clear of her because of the perceived handicap. She's got nowhere to go but the Rock Farms - and hey, perhaps her echolocation serves as an advantage here, when she's so attuned to the vibrations around her.

Ah, I do believe this will work quite nicely. You're accepted! She certainly does have an ability that would be useful in caverns such as these.

• Brohoof 1

Whoa, cool idea. I think I'll join in, if you don't mind.

-Awkward pause-

Oh, you want my character? Okie dokie.

Lance.png.f2d9bac01d9f8890285c5c8311c63e70.png

Say hello to Lance. I use him for basically everything and thus he has a very neutral backstory, which is changed with every roleplay.

Lance is a half-decent worker, in his opinion. He gets the job done and gets it done well (Again, in his opinion). When he thinks 'half-decent', he never really thought he'd be cut out for a real job. He usually does his own thing in terms of work, doing manual labor wherever he can find it for a few bits. Recently, though, he's been wanting to step it up and quit living in a run-down cottage that smells like ash, and worrying if he's going to get a real meal or just the cheapest things he can find. When he heard the Pie's Rock Farm was hiring, he figured 'Why not? I'd probably be able to work at a Rock Farm, and I'll bet it pays more than I get now.' And thus, we are now at the present. Lance has applied (and been hired? .-.) for the Pie's Rock Farm. The future awaits!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, genessee said:

Whoa, cool idea. I think I'll join in, if you don't mind.

-Awkward pause-

Oh, you want my character? Okie dokie.

Lance.png.f2d9bac01d9f8890285c5c8311c63e70.png

Say hello to Lance. I use him for basically everything and thus he has a very neutral backstory, which is changed with every roleplay.

Lance is a half-decent worker, in his opinion. He gets the job done and gets it done well (Again, in his opinion). When he thinks 'half-decent', he never really thought he'd be cut out for a real job. He usually does his own thing in terms of work, doing manual labor wherever he can find it for a few bits. Recently, though, he's been wanting to step it up and quit living in a run-down cottage that smells like ash, and worrying if he's going to get a real meal or just the cheapest things he can find. When he heard the Pie's Rock Farm was hiring, he figured 'Why not? I'd probably be able to work at a Rock Farm, and I'll bet it pays more than I get now.' And thus, we are now at the present. Lance has applied (and been hired? .-.) for the Pie's Rock Farm. The future awaits!

This certainly works, yes. I'd be more than happy to accept you into the RP! Also, yes, you did get hired. Though it's your first day so you'll have to make a good impression. 

1 hour ago, Orange Sparks said:

Well I could just make it he was always a Thestral. 

https://mlpforums.com/roleplay-characters/shadow-step-r9899/

I'm not quite sure how I'd be able to implement them properly into this kind of setting. 

Alright, well there's Sommer Skies:

Name: Sommer skies
Species: Pegasus
Backstory:
Sommer Skies was born to simple Pegasi who lived in the Emerald Isle and discovered his love for travelling when he was a young colt, travelling from the Emerald Isles to the Crystal Empire with his parents to set up a trade stall at the festival of love.
He is easy going, laid-back, friendly and open minded. His other love is music, namely Irish/Celtic punk such as Paddy and the Rats, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly etc...
When he was eighteen years old, he had a rose tattoo done underneath his cutie mark, and is waiting for that one special mare to put her name there.

Or Bridge Mc'Bride:

Name: Bridge Mc'Bride
Species: Earth PonyBackstory:
Bridge is a earth pony that was born in and grew up on the Emerald Isles, he is a very friendly and open minded stallion, and despite his being rather feminine, he is actually rather tough and can and will fight if need be.
When he turned sixteen years old, he followed in his father's hoofsteps and started working in the gem mines with his father. At the same time, he discovered his love for music, most importantly, anything with a fiddle, and without prompting, he just picked up a fiddle and started to play it, that is when his cutie mark appeared.
He is a stallion who loves his cuddles, especially with a special somepony in front of a roaring fire and some snacks to nibble on.

4 hours ago, Orange Sparks said:

Alright, well there's Sommer Skies:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Sommer skies
Species: Pegasus
Backstory:
Sommer Skies was born to simple Pegasi who lived in the Emerald Isle and discovered his love for travelling when he was a young colt, travelling from the Emerald Isles to the Crystal Empire with his parents to set up a trade stall at the festival of love.
He is easy going, laid-back, friendly and open minded. His other love is music, namely Irish/Celtic punk such as Paddy and the Rats, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly etc...
When he was eighteen years old, he had a rose tattoo done underneath his cutie mark, and is waiting for that one special mare to put her name there.

Or Bridge Mc'Bride:

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Bridge Mc'Bride
Species: Earth PonyBackstory:
Bridge is a earth pony that was born in and grew up on the Emerald Isles, he is a very friendly and open minded stallion, and despite his being rather feminine, he is actually rather tough and can and will fight if need be.
When he turned sixteen years old, he followed in his father's hoofsteps and started working in the gem mines with his father. At the same time, he discovered his love for music, most importantly, anything with a fiddle, and without prompting, he just picked up a fiddle and started to play it, that is when his cutie mark appeared.
He is a stallion who loves his cuddles, especially with a special somepony in front of a roaring fire and some snacks to nibble on.

Ah, this is better. I think that Bridge would fill in nicely for the position. 

4 hours ago, genessee said:

@Limestone-Pie

Cool cool! I'll be ready when you are. Will I be added to the position list or something? .-.

Sorry for the delay on that, it's been edited now. 

4 hours ago, genessee said:

So any idea on when we're starting?

I was merely waiting to see if there would be any further interest to fill the fourth slot. As there hasn't been we shall just get into the final planning stages. @Miss Reaper and @Orange Sparks feel free to ask any questions as well that you may have. Once everything is cleared up I shall be posting the thread itself! 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Orange Sparks said:

I'm all good, I can certainly go with Bridge then :) Sorry for late response, been super busy lately

No worries, I can certainly accommodate that position. All I have to do is await further responses from the others.