mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

No...  No, that's not what I said at all..

First of all, we are talking about a "sexual way" not a "physical or emotional way."

That's not necessarily true. Sexuality, despite its name, doesn't necessarily mean sexual. It can also mean physical and/or emotional, but without sex. Sexual is undeniably physical, but it can also be emotional. You can be in a romantic relationship without sex as well, for example, regardless if you are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, etc.

I can physically like my siblings, because we are related by blood and I physically feel a bond with them.  I can also emotionally like my friends, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation because they are my friends.  Neither of these "likes" are sexual in nature.

Absolutely. I agree. However, that's not what I was talking about. When I said "physical" I kinda meant sexual, but as I said just a moment ago, it doesn't have to be. Same goes for "emotional." In my case I was referring to romantic love (may or may not be platonic), but not familial love as the example you are describing. I'm sorry if I wasn't completely clear, I just thought that based on the context of this thread's discussion it would've been more obvious. My mistake. ^^

Now call me whatever mean or horrible names you want to, this following idea of mine is a bit radical with respect to human psychology.  Before you judge me and develop biases based solely off of not understanding what I am about to type, be sure to read the entire thing thoroughly.

I believe that human sexuality is, at it's core, dynamic although it is influenced by genetic factors.  This is a somewhat radical position of mine, as it challenges the psychological "norm" which has been established in 1975 that one's sexuality cannot shift.  Because of this belief.  I believe that my sexuality is "The John Sexuality" and is specific to me.  Nobody on the planet has the exact same sexual preferences as me.  The same principle applies to everyone else (possibly with the exception of asexual people, although I'm still looking into this).  Because sexuality is different for everyone, it is pointless to assign percentages to "straight" or "gay."

I guarantee that, if you were to experimentally isolate a pool of say, 100 people, and put them each into an environment exposing them to an alien culture which does not have any human contact, convincing them that they are one of the alien species, the majority of them would develop some sort of sexual attraction which doesn't even involve the human form (man or woman).  Of course, with our current technology and ethics, this experiment is infeasible, although it would probably allow for advancement in the studies of human psychology.

Another reason why I believe that human sexuality is, at its core, dynamic is due to the stories of one of my family members who works with abused children.  Now I understand that some people develop as gay or bisexual naturally, without (noticeable) external stimulus, probably due to being genetically predisposed to having such orientations, just as many straight people are genetically predisposed to being straight.  My family member has extensive experience in the area of child development, and they will tell you that a good percentage of sexually abused male children will end up being either gay or bisexual.  In fact a sample or sexually abused male children will much more often have sexual preferences which are not straight than a sample of male children who are not sexually abused.  I'm not saying this to be mean or to insult homosexuality, or to tell homosexual people that they are wrong.  I'm just saying that this is what I've seen and analyzed.  This information also supports my hypothesis that human sexuality is dynamic.

As for this part, I don't really have much to add. I certainly won't call you any mean names, that would be counter-productive. In fact, I found what you said to be rather interesting. I, too, believe that sexuality is much more complex and fluid (or as you say, "dynamic") than a lot of people think it is. As for the the part of linking sexual abuse to being gay or bisexual, I haven't analyzed the data, but I can definitely tell you that I do not fall into that category as I was never abused in any way, shape, or form growing up. In fact, for the majority of my life I thought I was straight until a little over a year ago when I realized, not only based on my current feelings, but some I had in the past, that perhaps I was bisexual all along, but never really thought about it until now. So I'm an example of the one that developed into it naturally, as you stated.

• Brohoof 1

I know I marked myself as A-Sexual before. But now that I have thought alot more deeply on the subject, I believe I find myself to be Demisexual (http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?title=Demisexual). Because There are a few people I feel  attracted to, but  I would have never if I weren't so close to them.

Edited by Commander Tangent

nah i'm straight guys sorry... still don't care if you are gay or bi or stuff... i just don't like mens... that's all.. i have some gay friends and i don't have any kind of problems with them... btwi think it's wrong calling ourself "straight" or "gay" or stuff... it's not WHAT we are, it's what we LIKE... so yep... i love women, i love men, i feel physical atracted to women, i don't feel physical attracted to men... easy as it is... still i am friend of everypony and i will stand up for all the people i am friend to... so if you need an hard hand against someone, count on my fists of friendship... a gay friend of mine killed himself because of bulls... i swear that i'm not going to let this happen again.. if i have to crack some skulls i will... sorry for the OT... btw i love platonically you all!!!

• Brohoof 1

@@RainbowSwag,

my gf is a pegasister (she is not on this forum btw) and she is bi... she is with me from 4 years and half but she is really atracted to her best (girl)friend too...btw i'm ok with this... they are so cute when they are both drunk :lol:  she prefers men btw, only beautifull women can turn her on XD

@Doc.Volt Thanks, i really wonderd actually! But when i am drunk i start singing or start copying voices from MLP. But in about 10 days my giverment says:NOPE! You must be 18 too drink because when ur 16 or 17 when you drink, you will die or end up in a coma.

• Brohoof 2

@@RainbowSwag,

me and my gf are 21 so no problems :) also  i never really got drunk in my entire life... here in Italy women drink AN HELL LOT MORE then guys :D but she is a good girl.. never done something stupid.. also i'm a red cross voluntieer so i have seen too much ethilic-coma peoples so i told her, and she knows the risks... the age don't matter... is the quantity of alchool compared to the volume and weight of the body... never drink up to puke... btw back to the topic, yeah i am right with this little "betrayal" XD she usually french-kiss her on purpose in front of me to make me gelous or stuff :lol:  as long as she don't do this with a boy i am ok ^_^

• Brohoof 1

*Something I was about to say, but It isn't necessarily appropriate nor appreciated here*

why not? damn it don't make me curios and then don't tell me stuff! XD

I've said it. I'm a bi. I can love lots of kinds of girls but there are specific types that I prefer. When it comes to boys, there is only one type I would love - these cute sugar boys with very sweet face. I myself try to be like them. For example this guy

shy as he describes himself, fantasy/blizz games like me, he is also bisexual (thinks the same about girls),similar interests,prefers cute boys like me

, in a word - he's perfect! I would have such as a bf or at least BFF to share everything.

why not? damn it don't make me curios and then don't tell me stuff! XD

Because, well... I don't know how to explain it really without being absolutely ridiculed.

....But I might as well try.

I have had sexual tendencies towards... animals other than humans.

It is a wierd thing, but there you go. (Disturbing, I know)

@@RainbowSwag,

well.. never kissed a boy (and i'm not going to :lol: ) but the first time we kissed each other... she toke with her one of my tooth :lol: ... damn it.. she just turned when i was laughting and kissed me... teeth against teeth :wacko: ... love is so painfull :lol: .. btw this never happened again.. and yep.. she's good at kissing :blush:

@,

i see... i think i can understand, no problem, not ridicolous for me... just don't go around telling this IRL.. some people can really get crazy :lol:

@Doc. Volt

Girls kiss better then boys...but i never kissed a boy so....... Just my opinion

You sure are right there ^_^ 

@@RainbowSwag,

well.. never kissed a boy (and i'm not going to :lol: ) but the first time we kissed each other... she toke with her one of my tooth :lol: ... damn it.. she just turned when i was laughting and kissed me... teeth against teeth :wacko: ... love is so painfull :lol: .. btw this never happened again.. and yep.. she's good at kissing :blush:

@,

i see... i think i can understand, no problem, not ridicolous for me... just don't go around telling this IRL.. some people can really get crazy :lol:

Kinda going slightly off topic... xD 

• Brohoof 1

You sure are right there ^_^

OR IS HE dramatic-chipmunk-o.gif

But enough with the Dramatic Chipmunk.

I really would disagree.

Really it depends on the level of love the person has. (But me? I'd personally much rather kiss a man actually. It feels only slightly uncomfortable, because of the fact I'm not in an environment where that is necessarily a normal happening)

I really would disagree.

Really it depends on the level of love the person has. (But me? I'd personally much rather kiss a man actually. It feels only slightly uncomfortable, because of the fact I'm not in an environment where that is necessarily a normal happening)

I guess so, I only kissed one guy and that was about 2 years ago so, guess I base it off that xD 

u right, i was just answering, sorry mods!

Internet can be a dangerous power when it comes too answering....but with every internet struggle comes a cat in bread.

I really would disagree.

but i am a she :C why would say he WHYYYYYYYYY

I guess so, I only kissed one guy and that was about 2 years ago so, guess I base it off that xD 

I actually haven't kissed anyone either, my response is just based on the facts of human psychology. 

I'm not even sure if I'M EVEN RIGHT...

dramatic-chipmunk-o.gif

I'm really not. I'm not a psychology major or one that knows how romanticness affects it, but from the kisses I've seen in films and from basic human psychology that human functions can be affected by love, I can assume that.

@RainbowSwag Whoops, my bad.

Edited by Twilight Sniper
  • Brohoof 1