Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you want and expect

BronyHekapooFan

(edited)
15 hours ago, ihhh said:

I expect good performances from the new voice actors, great art and animation, great music, likable characters, and a story that makes sense, is easy to follow, is focused, and is decently paced. I want all of that as well as some interesting character development and strong emotional moments.

Hmmm,...... I like your response.  Say, how do you think Celestia's going to behave if she's even in this at all?

I honestly think she's going to be in the beginning, react to Equestria being invaded by pirates(that's what I think is going to happen), say for the Mane 6 to go take care of it, and go off to eat more cake.  Really though, she's just gonna come in, say a few lines, and walk out.  That's what I think. :mlp-dawhyeah:

Edited by BronyHekapooFan
Wanted to add an emoji

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 3:49 PM, BronyHekapooFan said:

Hmmm,...... I like your response.  Say, how do you think Celestia's going to behave if she's even in this at all?

I honestly think she's going to be in the beginning, react to Equestria being invaded by pirates(that's what I think is going to happen), say for the Mane 6 to go take care of it, and go off to eat more cake.  Really though, she's just gonna come in, say a few lines, and walk out.  That's what I think. :mlp-dawhyeah:

Thats pretty much what I think is going to happen. I mean yeah id LIKE at some point for Celestia to have her own adventure for development but im not holding out on it. She's the Bosley of the Charlies Angels. The Zordon of power rangers. "Twilight! Nightmare Moon has escaped! Recruit a group of ponies with attitude"

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Why NOT use celebrity voice actors for Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash instead? Like they did it with The Magic Roundabout back in 2005!

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

Why NOT use celebrity voice actors for Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash instead? Like they did it with The Magic Roundabout back in 2005!

Because the Magic Roundabout is one of the worst animated films ever made and the fans would riot if the original voice actors were replaced.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Because the Magic Roundabout is one of the worst animated films ever made and the fans would riot if the original voice actors were replaced.

kind of like how Pokemon fans will riot if someone tried to get it canceled, right?

• Brohoof 1

You know? I have faith that the producers behind the film know what they're doing. BUT, if there's a thing I'm a sucker for, is an angelical choir, latin lyrics, and somber songs. I'd be happy if there's at least one song with either of those, considering they're going full orchestra  

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

You know? I have faith that the producers behind the film know what they're doing. BUT, if there's a thing I'm a sucker for, is an angelical choir, latin lyrics, and somber songs. I'd be happy if there's at least one song with either of those, considering they're going full orchestra  

sadly, as much as I'd love such things, I honestly figure they're aiming for "lowest common denominator" for their primary audience, and as such we'll just get pop music for the songs, since american Entertainment makers tend to think that stuff's a turn off to kids (look at how every anime that gets brought over tends to have its soundtrack butchered)

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

sadly, as much as I'd love such things, I honestly figure they're aiming for "lowest common denominator" for their primary audience, and as such we'll just get pop music for the songs, since american Entertainment makers tend to think that stuff's a turn off to kids (look at how every anime that gets brought over tends to have its soundtrack butchered)

Yeah, just a wishful desire :dash: . I mean, this guy is obviously EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

the_storm_king_mlp_the_movie_2017_by_kin

But not levels of evil of this other guy. Because you know, we humans are scarier :dash: 

2334532_walt_disney_screencaps_frollo_wa

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

When has MLP G4 ever aimed for the lowest common denominator? This isn't Sony Pictures Animation we're talking about.

Let us not forget that the movie is being written by the writer of two Disney classics and arguably the show's best writer?

As for the songs MLP (not EQG) has always been Disney-Broadway style with maybe a pop or two mixed in. Don't know why you're so paranoid.

Edited by TheGOAT
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

When has MLP G4 ever aimed for the lowest common denominator? This isn't Sony Pictures Animation we're talking about.

Let us not forget that the movie is being written by the writer of two Disney classics and arguably the show's best writer?

That maybe true, but I think asking for pipe organs, angelic choir, latin chanting, and other music pieces of more epic proportions are asking too much :D

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

When has MLP G4 ever aimed for the lowest common denominator?

rainbow rocks is nothing but pop music despite being supposedly about "rock". they're going to go with the safest style of music for little girls.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

rainbow rocks is nothing but pop music despite being supposedly about "rock". they're going to go with the safest style of music for little girls.

And Legend of Everfree had mostly musical style pieces. So your argument is invalid.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

That maybe true, but I think asking for pipe organs, angelic choir, latin chanting, and other music pieces of more epic proportions are asking too much :D

Yeah, not like Ingram literally confirmed he was using a live orchestra oh wait...

IMG_0930.PNG

Edited by TheGOAT
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

And Legend of Everfree had mostly musical style pieces. So your argument is invalid.

Yeah, not like Ingram literally confirmed he was using a live orchestra oh wait...

IMG_0930.PNG

That not necessarily means "latin chants, pipe organs, and choirs" epic :dash:

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

That not necessarily means "latin chants, pipe organs, and choirs" epic :dash:

Pipe organ is almost sure to be used at some point

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-05-29 at 1:22 PM, TheGOAT said:

And what about the Jetsons movie?

8 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Why? That's way too long.

Yes, 130 minutes is perfect for a kids movie or maybe 140 minutes....Like they did it with Hook back in 1991!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I expect nothing... I'll just let them surprise me with whatever they have and we'll see how that goes XD 

Edited by Violet_S
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

And what about the Jetsons movie?

Yes, 130 minutes is perfect for a kids movie or maybe 140 minutes....Like they did it with Hook back in 1991!

Stop trolling.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/1/2017 at 11:40 PM, TheGOAT said:

Stop trolling.

Dude I wasn't trolling, OK. All I ever wanted is to know what I do really want in the upcoming MLP movie, that's all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Dude I wasn't trolling, OK. All I ever wanted is to know what I do really want in the upcoming MLP movie, that's all.

Not to be rude but do you honestly think that Bollywood has anything to do with this upcoming movie or that it will be almost 2.5-3 hours long?

Edited by TheGOAT
  • Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

Not to be rude but do you honestly think that Bollywood has anything to do with this upcoming movie or that it will be almost 2.5-3 hours long?

Actually I want the movie to be 2.5-3 hours long....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Actually I want the movie to be 2.5-3 hours long....

Good luck with that.

Edited by TheGOAT
  • Brohoof 1