Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Diablo III Discussion

Jonke

(edited)

I'm not sure but this is something to take note of when you guys start to play Diablo 3.

[media=]

[/media]

Note there's a lot of cussing humor so bear with it :P

Edited by RarityFan

(edited)

Unfortunately for me, I won't buy Diablo III, not because I don't want to (the game is pretty good, according to the reviews), but because my laptop can't handle the game's overall gameplay. :(

Edited by Jon the VGNerd

So i finished the normal difficulty of the game yesterday. (level 32 Demon Hunter) The story is amazing (those cinematics....), on a side note, the scripts/books found in the game, reveals/explains many different things behind areas/events/monsters/people etc.

The gameplay is vastly improved in D3. It's simple and easy to get into even for someone who never have played Diablo before or a RPG in general. The Skills/combat may be simplified but it offers a huge variety of skill combinations which might match your preferences. All skills are effective on their own way, there is no "bad/placeholder skills" and all skills/runes combination can be switched at will, no cost(except cooldown), unlimited times and anywhere. **I like this so much**

(Side note: Which is a problem in many MMORPG/RPG games, it basically force you to pick a skill to reach another. See Skill/Talent tree structure)

Then we have the removal of teleportation scrolls(teleportation is now a free to cast spell), mana potions and "no cooldown" health potions. "No cooldown" health potions replaced with health globes etc. A great change indeed, no longer can you run around with xxxx health potions which make you pretty much unkillable and in my opinion promotes a less exciting gameplay. Health globes are there for the "kill to heal" and adds a more fluent gameplay, less dead time? Ohh yes! =)

Items/equipment and attributes complexity, it's much like all RPG games. The major difference here is that all skills damage is based on weapon damage + main attribute, the weapon speed on weapons also applies to skills.(How fast they can cast/use the specific skills). Great change to the games mechanics, it adds way more freedom to how you can gear your character. Wizard with 2 handed Sword anyone? x)

About difficulty, normal was better than i expected tbh. It was neither hard or easy, i felt it was structured that way because of the skill choices you have during your first run, also to get hang of the game itself before venturing into harder difficulties.

Everything graphical (Enviroment,spell effects,models, animations etc) are just amazing, they really caught the old dark feel of Diablo and with way more eye candy without making it too colorful.

(The pony level as we all know about, is something they added to the game as a joke from the art controversy they had back in 2008 where some complained that the graphic design was too "colorful". )

I hope you all have an amazing experience with the game and i really recommend new players to the Diablo series to try/get Diablo 3.

With that said..... Nightmare! Here i come! ^^

• Brohoof 7

I'm currently having a jolly time in the world of sanctum, my wizard tearing the demons to pieces with his death ray of... well... Death.

I must say that when comparing to Diablo 3 to the prequel then it's an experience worth noting down. The graphic is intriguing and the whole story is absolutely amazing! I like that fact that this game combines a lot of elements that you rarely see together anymore.

There's a well written and completely fantastic story to follow through the game, followed up by beautiful, yet somewhat simple graphic, not like Blizzard's other work of shiny shiny in WoW. This is all companied by a vast amount of ways to experience the game, with 5 different classes you get a lot of variation and an almost endless amount of possible ways of beating The Prime Evil. And that is not all! Even when you have beaten Diablo and finished the story, there's 3 new levels of difficulty to work your way through, and it's never going to get any easier! You have a game that can occupy you hours on end, hours filled with demon waves of terror that you will have to outsmart and FIRE MAH LAZORZ ON!

The only thing I'm missing is a PvP system, but I know it will come so I'm not complaining.

Overall, it's a jolly good experience so far and it's getting nothing but better!

• Brohoof 1

I have the annual pass so get Diablo 3 free, but can't play it cuz my graphics card is 7600GT and minimum required is 7800GT :(

But once I get my new computer up sometime this summer - if anypony's still playing, i'd be happy to catch up to you guys. :)

I haven't even finished Act2 and am still lvl 25 with my battlemage. Is the rest of the game so short, or is it just that I am really exploring every dungeon?

I haven't even finished Act2 and am still lvl 25 with my battlemage. Is the rest of the game so short, or is it just that I am really exploring every dungeon?

You will slowly gain less levels each Act. There is Act III and Act IV left which is considerable shorter in terms of quests but the amount of monsters and dungeons etc is pretty equally between all of them. Also you have Nightmare,Hell and Inferno left to do.

• Brohoof 1

You will slowly gain less levels each Act. There is Act III and Act IV left which is considerable shorter in terms of quests but the amount of monsters and dungeons etc is pretty equally between all of them. Also you have Nightmare,Hell and Inferno left to do.

I knew about the other difficulties and stuff but I was just wondering that the ones finished "normal" are about lvl 33.

Another 2 questions: What are you doing with the loot(sell oder destroy for materials)

and "How do I know if I have a good equipment?"

I bought the game after first buying a guest pass and playing the starter edition to try it and I really liked it. Was playing it with my friend today and we had lots of fun especially how we got more rare loot drops because of there being the two of us. I wasn't sure which class I was going to choose at first but when I got in game and saw the Monk I knew that that was for me. I like his background story as well as his awesome DPS and I hardly use any of my abilities except for my main two as I haven't really needed to. I love the crafting system as it's simple to use and a great way to get good gear.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

post-15-0-86127400-1338915705.jpg

My current main is the WD, slowly I am progressing through act 2 inferno on him. Act 1 is a damn joke on my Wizard and him. Cant say the same for my monk who is in no way geared in inferno gear.

post-15-0-23776900-1338915866_thumb.jpg

My level 60 gear waiting to be sold, at all times I am using 10/10 of my AH spots.

post-15-0-74532100-1338915911_thumb.jpg

My personals. Gems waiting to be upgraded when the patch goes through, crafting mats which I am currently very low on.

post-15-0-21997100-1338915975_thumb.jpg

Shitty sub inferno gear. Nothing really worth while but I hang on to it since I end up throwing tons of gear to lowbies I meet as I play.

post-15-0-05592900-1338916054.jpg

Currently I am extremely fucking low on gold. My auctions right now should bring me back to about 8 million within the next 12 hours. The market has been going down on the all resist gear however so I am not making the profits I was making last week (7 mil an hour)

If anyone wants inferno tips, gold making tips, or general help with the game let me know.

Also have a bunch of farming locations I will divulge. Really damn easy with no gear checks.

Edited by Gummy

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is!

After hours of farming and doing the same level again and again, the staff of herding is finaly mine.

For those who dont know, this staff allowed the player to go to the new "cow level" where you fight againts ponies and flowers (it's also the best part for farming but who care ?).

So, better than ask peoples to pay to play it (seriously, I saw player do it on forums), I'm just gonna post here:

If anyone wants to try love and tolerance in a hack and slash, or indicate that he owne the staff too and is looking for other bronies to play with him, just post here.

Just indicate the nationality of your server and your Battle tag.

For me it's:

Europe

Marly#2581

I hope you'll be a lot to answer, and have fun no matter what!

I'll come play, but my highest toon right now is a level 44 DH in Nightmare. Do I need to be at or around your level to join in?

United States

Heisenberg#1519

Nv 44 is ok for the normal version of the pony level................. i guess.

The problem is the server, I cant transfer my items between servers soo, you can play with someone else, or with a character from the european server, but not with your DH with me.

I like Diablo 3 but it doesn't really appeal to me like Diablo 2 did. D2 had good quality in the character builds you could do, nothing like i've yet seen or experienced in D3. I guess i'll just have to hurry up and get out of Act I to see if i'll truly pick it over D2.

• Brohoof 1

Why my previous post ended up here?

It was a new topic.

Anyway if someone is volonteer just post it.

And for my opinion about the game:

It's diferent from diablo 2 (totaly diferent for the character customization, the gameplay, everything).

It's as fun as a game can be, you never realy get bored of it.

Only complain: assasin and necromancien are missing (even if you can fint the apprentice of the necromancien in the act 2 if you are lucky).