Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Storm King might be MLP's best villain yet

TheGOAT

He has the best of both Chrysalis and Discord but also keeps his own personality. And wow, a villain that actually appreciates his minions! 

So glad they didn't make him a bland Disney villain.

So far he does seem to have an interesting personality, but it is too early to tell whether or not he could be MLP's best villain yet.

People were saying that about Starlight Glimmer, and then the season 5 finale came and gave her a really terrible backstory.

Personality aside, the fact that he has a fleet of airships and named minion officers already makes him way better than anything FIM has to offer. A conqueror's ambition may not be the most elaborate reason for villainy; still, it is decent with lots of wiggle room for wits and humor.

Have we really seen that much of him yet? I haven't read the prequel comics so I might be a bit behind.

I hope he is good. I'm hoping he's like Discord in that he's intimidating but also really charismatic. :umad:

7 hours ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

Have we really seen that much of him yet? I haven't read the prequel comics so I might be a bit behind.

I hope he is good. I'm hoping he's like Discord in that he's intimidating but also really charismatic. :umad:

It's not out yet, but we've seen the preview pages.

16 hours ago, TheGOAT said:

He has the best of both Chrysalis and Discord but also keeps his own personality. And wow, a villain that actually appreciates his minions! 

So glad they didn't make him a bland Disney villain.

I would be cautiously optimistic if I were you. It's possible that IDW took liberties with Storm King's personality, like they have done with other canon characters, most notably Luna :huh: . Though that may cause the inverse that the side canon is better than the main canon :D

9 hours ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

It's not out yet, only the preview have been shown right now. They didn't wasted time to show him as a bit comical tho :dash: 

The Storm King has already proven to have a personality that to me screams eccentric but we need to see more before we can pass judgment.