Should we meet Starlight Glimmer's parents in the show?

Tilgoreth

I was just thinking that we've already met all of the main charcters parents or are going too meet them. (The Perfect Pear in Applejack's case). And Spike doesn't count since we already basically know his origin story, and meeting his parents at this point probaly won't add much too his charcter. So the only major charcter left is Starlight. Even in her llashback we didn't see her parents, I also don't think she ever actually mentioned them at any time.

It would be interesting too meet her family. Maybe if they were unsuportive or abusive in some way it would add more reason as too why she became evil. It could be interesting too see Starlight through her parents eyes. Maybe she scared her parebts somehow, she was getting really good at magic but also becoming more deranged as time went on. 

• Brohoof 2

Before we can see her family, we first need to see where she was originally from before Sunburst left to go to the School for Gifted Unicorns.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Before we can see her family, we first need to see where she was originally from before Sunburst left to go to the School for Gifted Unicorns.

Actually now that Starlight can be summoned by the map that could be possible. Maybe Starlight and Sunburst get summoned by the map and they have too go too their childhood home. And maybe their's some type of feud that involves their families. Or after they both left their families were torn apart. I guess the episode could also work if Trixie went along. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Tilgoreth said:

Actually now that Starlight can be summoned by the map that could be possible. Maybe Starlight and Sunburst get summoned by the map and they have too go too their childhood home. And maybe their's some type of feud that involves their families. Or after they both left their families were torn apart. I guess the episode could also work if Trixie went along. 

Sunburst lives in the Crystal Empire so the chances of the map calling him are slim--not impossible but slim--so it would fall onto Starlight to be chosen by the map prompting her to find him and both going to their childhood home to solve a problem. Or, they could just go there for nostalgia purposes without the map telling them to go and end up running into trouble that way.

• Brohoof 2

On 6/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

I'm sorry- how do we know Spike's Origin story? we don't.

Starlight's parents don't matter to me.

His origin story was when Twilight hatched his egg. Though it would be nice too se how Twilight's family felt about Spike. Whether he was seen as a pet/slave or more as a younger brother.

On 6/15/2017 at 3:49 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Don't forget Scootie's parents too :lol:

Yeah I forgot about her. Though Parential Glidance just further illustrated how weird it is that we haven't seen her parents even once. 

On 6/15/2017 at 3:49 PM, cmarston1 said:

Well if it can help make her backstory from the season 5 finale less bad/more justified I guess I would be okay with it.

That's exactly what she needs. Her reasons for being evil were less than satisfactory. So maybe explaing it by saying she had abusive parents or a rough childhood would add more justification.

On 6/15/2017 at 2:56 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

Sunburst lives in the Crystal Empire so the chances of the map calling him are slim--not impossible but slim--so it would fall onto Starlight to be chosen by the map prompting her to find him and both going to their childhood home to solve a problem. Or, they could just go there for nostalgia purposes without the map telling them to go and end up running into trouble that way.

It also reminds me that it'd be nice if Sun Burst and Starlight spent more time togther. Or we at least got too see her write him letters. 

*On a side note I ship StarlightxTrixie so that's not the reason I want Glims too have more time with Sun Burst.

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Yeah I forgot about her. Though Parential Glidance just further illustrated how weird it is that we haven't seen her parents even once. 

Yeah, weird. It's not even known if she's an orphan, or that her parents are uninvolved. It'd be great to address that 

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, weird. It's not even known if she's an orphan, or that her parents are uninvolved. It'd be great to address that 

I think we can assume she has parents based off the line from Scootaloo in the episode. Were she said she didn't have anyone too support her growing up. I'm thinking that her parents were either very passive or in some way abusive when they raised her, or she might live with an aunt or uncle or maybe her grandparents.

9 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

It also reminds me that it'd be nice if Sun Burst and Starlight spent more time togther. Or we at least got too see her write him letters. 

*On a side note I ship StarlightxTrixie so that's not the reason I want Glims too have more time with Sun Burst.

She just needs to go to the Crystal Empire more often.

Unless they have something important for Starlight's character, i dont see the point to see her parents. 

On 16/6/2017 at 4:37 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

Starlight's parents don't matter to me.

Of course, you do.

On 16/6/2017 at 4:49 AM, cmarston1 said:

Well if it can help make her backstory from the season 5 finale less bad/more justified I guess I would be okay with it.

That would be more scary if her parents are nice people :))

On 16/6/2017 at 3:47 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

Maybe she is daughter of a retired evil wizard LOL 

• Brohoof 1

Eventually it would be neat to learn more about where she came from, but perhaps not immediately. Before that, I'd at least like to meet Scootaloo's parents, because she's the only main character aside from Starlight whose family is unknown to us, and given the hints we've seen, I think that has potential. Besides, I would quite like all those rumours about her being an orphan to be dispelled. 

• Brohoof 2

On 6/17/2017 at 1:11 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

She just needs to go to the Crystal Empire more often.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything more  with either of Starlight's closest friends(Trixie and Sunburst). Trixie being gone most of the time should at least cause some conflict for Starlight, especially since she's supposdley new too friendship. And since it litterally takes less than a day too get too the Crystal Empire and back it wouldn't be unresonable for Starlight too visit Sunburst every week or every other week.

*I am starting too see what people mean when they say Starlight is a mary sue. I think it's less from her personality but just how the world changed too work around her. Should Trixie be in ponyville all the time? No, but Glimmer needs a bff when the plot demands it.(Even if it means Trixie is in ponyvillle 24/7 and should just move there at this point. Actually that Trixie being in ponyville all the time thing does kind of annoy me. I mean Twilight's castle is huge so it wouldn't be unresonable for Trixie too stay there, or even for her too share a room with Starlight.

No way. Starlight is an old ass middle aged pony. No need to see her parents. It would be weird af.

We need to see more of Twilight's parents, if you ask me. What do they think of their son and daughter becoming such famous ponies? We need to see how this has effected them in detail :o 

• Brohoof 1

I'm for it considering the season's theme, though I'd prefer we Scootaloo's parents first, especially considering she's been here since the first season and we still don't know anything about her family 

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

No way. Starlight is an old ass middle aged pony. No need to see her parents. It would be weird af.

We need to see more of Twilight's parents, if you ask me. What do they think of their son and daughter becoming such famous ponies? We need to see how this has effected them in detail :o 

Rainbow Dash is in her mid twenties and we still saw her parents. And Starlight is maybe in her thirties at most. I'd like too see Twilight's parents again as well. But only too see how they felt about Spike growing up. Whether they saw him as a pet/slave , they hated him and wanted too kill him, or they didn't care at all.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Whether they saw him as a pet/slave , they hated him and wanted too kill him,

I highly doubt we'll see either of those in this show. 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Maybe she is daughter of a retired evil wizard LOL 

Or a wizard in general since she does have an incredible knack for magic.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I highly doubt we'll see either of those in this show. 

I agree. But still Twilight's parents must have thought it was at least a little weird that out of nowhere their daughter brings a baby dragon home. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Tilgoreth said:

I agree. But still Twilight's parents must have thought it was at least a little weird that out of nowhere their daughter brings a baby dragon home. 

True, though I'm not entirely sure when Spike started living with Twilight. I bet Twilight brought all sorts of weird things home from school, though. 

On 6/16/2017 at 5:50 PM, Tilgoreth said:

His origin story was when Twilight hatched his egg. Though it would be nice too se how Twilight's family felt about Spike. Whether he was seen as a pet/slave or more as a younger brother.

That's not his entire origin. All we got is how he came to Twilight's possession. That doesn't add to where he came from, who his parents are, and how he ended up in Celestia's school in the first place! Plus Celestia's plan for him - his destiny! There's still so much he hasn't done yet!

Starlight's parents though? Yeah, it wouldn't hurt seeing them, and also do they know about Starlight's plans, or did Starlight make stuff up for them, or did she just cut contact with them? So yeah, Starlight's parents are needed in the show as well. But don't say 'Spike doesn't count' - he SO counts!