Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony Documentary

Jokuc

I watched Ballad of the Brony when I first got interested in MLP and it was very cute and informative. The fact that Mr DeLancie is involved in this project makes me very excited, and hopeful that it will be even better.

An important part of this doco that hasn't been mentioned is that John de Lancie is a part of it and will star in it as well.

Also it reached it's goal the other day, about 3 days after it started and there's still another couple of weeks until it ends.

Here's a few things that's been officially said about the film:

• The $10,000 backer has been talked with and is real and wishes to say anonymous.
  • The film will be feature length and will go for 90 to 120 minutes and should be ready to release sometime towards the end of September.
  • Once finished that they will focus to get the program sent out to the people who supported the project. There will be a public release, but it will happen later in the process.
At time of posting the current total stands at $68,616 with 869 backers.

Awesome! Too bad the 10,000 wanted to be anonymous :P

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I know they reached their goal but I think we should keep sending them money. Just think of how great the quality would be with such a large budget.

Forgot to include that in an update they outlined some ideas of what they could use the extra funds for.
  • We want to add additional cameras to get better coverage of the BronyCon convention itself. Ideally we want several camera teams rolling on the convention action and a camera team pulling people into a private room to interview them away from the chaos.
  • We want to add extra shoot days to show Bronies at home, away from the convention.
  • We want to add extra shoot days to interview more of the people who work and act on MLP.
  • We want to add extra shoot days to include international fans and conventions.
  • We'll be able to pay the fees to enter the finished program into film festivals.
At time of posting the current total stands at $70,556 with 904 backers.

Just shows how fast things change in a day.

In another update they have put out their first round of casting call looking for people to appear in the documentary.

• Someone who is going on an artistic journey to BronyCon. You are making art, creating music or even creating special food to take to the convention.
  • Someone who lives in a world non-friendly to the Brony culture. You may live at home, or work in an environment where you would be judged for watching MLP but you're ready to reveal yourself as a Brony to your friends and family and ideally will be attending BronyCon.
  • A man and woman who are both MP fans, live in different parts of the country, have meet online, bonded over MLP, have been dating on-line and now will be meeting for the first time in person at BronyCon.
  • A father and son who are both fans and have bonded over MLP.
  • A mother and son who are both fans and have bonded over MLP.
  • A parent who has a son or daughter with a disability and has been helped by becoming a MLP fan.
  • A 30-something working professional who is a Brony and will be going to BronyCon.
  • A man in the in the Military who will be going to BronyCon.
  • A college age woman who will be going to BronyCon.
Current total stands at: $78,468 + $612 from paypal = $79,080 There are currently 1040 backers.

Big update this time! They have announced that Tara Strong and Lauren Faust have joined the project as executive producers of the documentary!

Also they have been flooded with responses to their casting calls and they want to be able to include as much as they can which is why the goal is been increased to $200,000. The rewards have also been updated.

From having your pony OC drawn by Lauren to getting your Blu-ray disk and artwork signed by Tara, Lauren and John to having dinner with all three, we have something for everyone.

At time of posting the current total stands at: $111,185 + $1,897 from paypal = $113,082.There are currently 1,163 backers and there is 13 days to go to fund the project.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

Wow, we overshot our goal by 150 thousand. Element of generosity, yep.

Can't wait to see this come out ^^

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully it will show everyone what our fandom is really like and also reduce the hate towards us as well.

• Brohoof 2

I just sent in $85 via PayPal. Getting the digital download, Blu-Ray disc and the bonus Blu-Ray disc with extended interviews.

This is now the 5th most funded film of all time on Kickstarter. Totals right now are $217,248 + $14,609.58 PayPal = $231,857.58

Bronies quite commonly fly to conventions in their Gulfstream jets, sipping on chocolate milk while bidding on Lauren Faust alicorn plushies.

Laugh of the day right there.

Also, I might wanna watch it teh documentary...

Do they really need to send a professional camera crew everywhere they want to go? The documentary creators could just ask people at BUCK and Galacon to film a couple interviews with a good quality camera and save tens of thousands of dollars in travel expenses in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this is the second most funded film project of all time on Kickstarter. Over 340k raised. Hopefully this doesn't end up being a mess.

Their professional documentary makers so that's unlikely to happen. I think it's more of it being just good or plain awesome.

I can't wait to see this! Now that they got alot of money this documentary is going to be epic.