Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Equestrian claw of Vangeance (5X5)

MickeyAdaptus

7 hours ago, OracleOfTwilight said:

Supersonic flew overhead, leading the path across the Equestrian desert. She could hear the roars of the Hydra in the distance. "Maple, could you give me an update on the excuses for soldiers you command? Also, you do know that the only reason I respect you is because you have capital skill in fighting, right?"

Maple nodded to Supersonic as she closed the portal she opened "The soldiers will not be arriving, They need to return to the castle to guard it." She leaned closer to her and whispered "I agree though 'Tia has really let her guard slip." She leaned away and started talking at a normal volume "Thankfully I've been Training since I joined the guard. I'm the strongest of Luna's night guard with most of those soldiers not far behind me thanks to my training schedule I keep them on. Most of them are asleep right now though so it looks like it's just us for now then. And you should respect me because we are of Equal rank and skill."

54 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

He then aimed his bolter and waited for a few seconds.

Then he fired, a massive echo sounded trough the desert as the bolter round crushed trough one of the Hydra's heads.

Maple had been quick to follow the soldier. Seeing him fire his weapon made Maple flinch That would tear through my armor She thought glad he's friendly. She followed up his shot with an arrow from her bow. She missed the neck but it still hit the hydra in the back since she fired downwards.

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios had been staying ahead of the other ponies in order to act as a spearhead assault, using his power armour to tank the Hydra's attacks so the other would be less likely to get engaged by the Hydra's for those who would join the attack.

"Suffer not the alien to live!" Elyssios shouted a war cry, the very same quote that is used a lot by the Deathwatch space marine chapter.

He kept firing a short burst from his bolter as he kept a slow pace of walking at the same time, keeping a good accuracy getting closer and closer to his targets.

(edited)

Supersonic activated her Avatar, then shot a crossbow bolt the size of a greatsword, killing the nearest Hydra. "Clover! Maple! Get over here and help kill these things!" As she spoke, she ran forward and, using only her hooves, ripped the head off one of the Hydra. 

Edited by OracleOfTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

@OracleOfTwilight

Elyssios had caused a good amount of casualties among the ranks of the Hydra.

He then heard Supersonic's voice and decided to return the favour.

Elyssios aimed his bolter towards the other Hydra's and used the devices in his helmet to pinpoint and mark the Hydra's itself.

When he was done calculating, he then started firing single shots towards the Hydra's firing at the moments where Supersonic would have a reasonable distance from the Hydra's.

@Derplight Sperkle

During the fight, he opened a vox channel and tried to contact the Lamenter Techmarine.

"Techmarine Hasdiel, what is your current status?" Elyssios asked him over the vox channel.

(edited)

Techno then arrived at the scene and he was hidden behind a bush in the forest. He was now peaking over the bush with his head very slightly visible and he was watching everything very closely. He then started talking to himself in his head again...

TU: Those strange beings seem familiar somehow like I've worked with a similar race years ago. I've probably forgotten about them ever since as it's been hundreds of years now I think. This is starting to get quite deadly though but I'll be here waiting to jump in if anything gets truly out of hand.

(This is just before Techno gets shot with the plasma weapon... :) )

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

@Mickey Adaptus

Hasdiel had stayed behind when Elyssios headed off into the unknown wilderness. He had to at least try to repair the ship. His comm chatter so far has been with Corthus, the head Techmarine on the cruiser. Repairs were going much too slowly for Hasdiel's liking. He wanted to get back to the fight and avenge his fallen Chapter Master.

Hasdiel was outside, trying to get into the engines when his auspex detected movement nearby. His mechandrites stopped their repairs while he moved to the source of the movement. "Brother Corthus, Movement detected outside our location, investigating now."

Brother Elyssios radio chatter popped over the vox. "I've detected movement outside my location, investigating now," Hasdiel replied. 

@Techno Universal

Plasma rifle drawn and ballistic mechandrite at the ready, Hasdiel saw a strange metallic head poking above a bush. "Contact. Unknown life form in sight," he relayed over the vox. He aimed the plasma rifle at the life form.

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios was still shooting at the Hydra's.

"Watch your fire Brother, the Xeno's that inhabit this planet seem to be non-hostile, at least by the aggressive standards from the Xeno's that threaten Mankind to this very day." he replied over the vox.

"Could you confirm what the Xeno looks like?" He asked, while still fighting.

Maple flew in front of Elyssios, spear in hand she stabbed one of the hydras in the chest barley managing to pierce the heart of the beast Killing it without taking any of the heads down. She was moving back closer to the group when one of the heads snapped at her, she managed to dodge it but barely, getting scraped by it's teeth. She looked at where the fangs hit thankfully it didn't draw any blood.

• Brohoof 1

As the plasma weapon was aimed at Techno he had no idea what was coming. He didn't see it there through the trees as he was focused on waching the primary battle. Even though the plasma weapon was in the corner of his eyesight in the distance he still didn't see it... 

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat

Elyssios saw what was going on.

He drew his chainsword, he pressed the Mechanism on the weapon as the Chainsword roared to life.

Elyssios started sprinting at the Hydra that had attacked Maple and with a single strike, his chainsword went trough the Hydra's neck almost like paper.

But even with the head cut off from the body, he was not satisfied. He lifted his right foot and then Crushed the head of the Hydra under the massive weight of his boot.

@Mickey Adaptus, @Techno Universal

Upon hearing the last vox message, Hasdiel lowered his weapon. "Friendly xenos? I'll have to see this for myself," he muttered to himself. He advanced with the weapon at the ready, in case the head decided to be hostile.

As Hasdiel got closer, he relayed the requested information. "It looks like a metallic head. It's poking over a bush. Getting into contact now." 

Hasdiel was within 25 feet of the contact. His instincts were screaming to take a shot at the easy target, but he couldn't anger Elyssios. The Astral Claw was his only way back at this point. With his weapon at the ready, one of his mechandrites lifted a nearby rock and threw it at the xenos' vision to get it's attention.

• Brohoof 1

Maple looked at the Marine "Thanks." She said glancing at the marines weapon its a sword with smaller moving blades on it? She thought And he thinks chaos Magic is scary geez. She switched back to her bow ready to support the marine "You're pretty strong huh? Guess your a leader where you come from?"

• Brohoof 1

Elyssios was a bit surprised at Maple's question, as an Astartes, he was never used to having conversation with Xeno's in the first place, most Xeno's he would in contact with

would either try to murder him or trick him into fighting someone else's battle.

"All Space Marines are at this strength or beyond, it is necessary for the survival of Mankind, that way we slay the aliens, mutants and heretics in the name of the God Emperor."

"But to answer your second question, I am a Veteran of a thousand crusades and a battle-brother who gives guidance to his fellow astartes in the dire situations."

"But even our Chapter Master could not resist the temptations of Chaos, that path lies to damnation and only the purest of Mankind will emerge victories against those who bear the mark of the 8 pointed star." Elyssios said grimly.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Derplight Sperkle said:

Upon hearing the last vox message, Hasdiel lowered his weapon. "Friendly xenos? I'll have to see this for myself," he muttered to himself. He advanced with the weapon at the ready, in case the head decided to be hostile.

As Hasdiel got closer, he relayed the requested information. "It looks like a metallic head. It's poking over a bush. Getting into contact now." 

Hasdiel was within 25 feet of the contact. His instincts were screaming to take a shot at the easy target, but he couldn't anger Elyssios. The Astral Claw was his only way back at this point. With his weapon at the ready, one of his mechandrites lifted a nearby rock and threw it at the xenos' vision to get it's attention.

Techno was now becoming unstable because of the trance he was in. When the rock hit Techno it exploded with a blue flash and a massive bang. The mini explosion forced Techno's head to tilt away from the explosion only for his head to lock in a strange tilted position. But it still didn't get his attention because of the trance he was in...

(It was Techno's shielding system that was malfunctioning that made the rock explode but still it won't do anything to the plasma shot. :) ) 

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

Elyssios seemed to have spotted something in the distance.

He walked towards it and he spotted Techno from a distance on his Auspex scanner.

But because of Techno's features, he did not reconize him as one of the pony races he saw earlier.

He pushed Techno to the ground and Gently put a boot on his form, to make sure he would not squirm.

"Techmarine, i think i have found what you saw earlier, tough you might want to take a look at this thing from up close. It seems to be have some sort of cybernametic enhancements that you would mostly see used by the Adaptus Mechanicus." Elyssios said to Hasdiel over his vox.

8 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

Elyssios seemed to have spotted something in the distance.

He walked towards it and he spotted Techno from a distance on his Auspex scanner.

But because of Techno's features, he did not reconize him as one of the pony races he saw earlier.

He pushed Techno to the ground and Gently put a boot on his form, to make sure he would not squirm.

"Techmarine, i think i have found what you saw earlier, tough you might want to take a look at this thing from up close. It seems to be have some sort of cybernametic enhancements that you would mostly see used by the Adaptus Mechanicus." Elyssios said to Hasdiel over his vox.

Techno was still locked in the position he was in when he was knocked over. He then started to snap out of the trance he was in and then his eyes went black only to display blue text like in a CMD command console and his eyes were behaving like computer monitors now. In the top left corner of his eyes was the operating system name with the version: ALSTROME 1.9.4 and below it was the command log that said: RAM OVERLOAD CORRECTED.

CLEANING RAM. PLEASE WAIT...

• Brohoof 1

The rock thrown at the weird xenos exploded when it hit what seemed to be shielding. Hasdiel wasn't too keen and getting to close to what could evaporate rock in an instant. But Elyssios was able to  touch the mechanical creature and force it to the ground with no injury. 

With the creature subdued, Hasdiel nodded at the notion Elyssios mentioned and Hasdiel closed the remaining distance. The machine in its full glory defied the Omnissiah in its form. If Hasdiel had an organic stomach, digestive fluid would have come up. Luckily, he had that replaced decades ago.

"I will assess this vile xenos tech, Elyssios. We will see if it is tech heresy," Hasdiel said to the Astral Claw. A mechandrite exposed a spike. The mechandrite inched closer to the prone machine, ready to interface with it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Mickey Adaptus @Derplight Sperkle

As Supersonic ripped the head off of the last Hydra, she noticed something on the ground. How strange, she said to herself, that looks like a set of shortswords, much like I use! She flew down and picked up the swords, and noticed there was a small symbol on each sword and scabbard and a purple gem set into each hilt. She looked at the breastplate of her armor and saw the same little symbol, a small detail she had never noticed before. This must have been carried by one of the Hydra as a reward or trophy, probably stolen or taken from somepony else. "Hey Elyysios! I found, by some apparent incredible luck, shortswords to replace the ones I own and they even match my armor! They are artifacts, but can you scan them and try and see about what their pow-" Supersonic was cut off as the she casually swung one of the swords through the air and purple energy trailed from the blade, and a blast of purple energy shot from the blade, desintegrating the rock directly in front of it. 

Edited by OracleOfTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Derplight Sperkle said:

The rock thrown at the weird xenos exploded when it hit what seemed to be shielding. Hasdiel wasn't too keen and getting to close to what could evaporate rock in an instant. But Elyssios was able to  touch the mechanical creature and force it to the ground with no injury. 

With the creature subdued, Hasdiel nodded at the notion Elyssios mentioned and Hasdiel closed the remaining distance. The machine in its full glory defied the Omnissiah in its form. If Hasdiel had an organic stomach, digestive fluid would have come up. Luckily, he had that replaced decades ago.

"I will assess this vile xenos tech, Elyssios. We will see if it is tech heresy," Hasdiel said to the Astral Claw. A mechandrite exposed a spike. The mechandrite inched closer to the prone machine, ready to interface with it.

Then another message appeared on Techno's command prompt: ERROR CLEANING RAM-SYSTEM SECURITY AT 0%!!!

PREPEREING FOR TOTAL SYSTEM RESTART. SYSTEM WILL RESTART IN 60 SECONDS.

A counter then appeared at the bottom of the screen and it started to count down from 60... 

• Brohoof 1

@OracleOfTwilight

Elyssios walked towards Supersonic and scanned the blades.

"By the Emperor, these venerable mirror swords that been carried by an Howling Banshee Exarch...."

Spoiler

img539c41dcb8567.jpg

"Did there happen to be a body around the blades you found?" Elyssios asked Supersonic with a bit of suspicion. 

Maple walked around seeing as all the hydras where defeated "Is everypony ok? That went rather well given how small our numbers are." Maple thought she saw another human. No there's no way. She walked over to the marine who helped her take down the hydras "Say, Elyssios. Why where you so afraid of my magic? It's pretty harmless to be honest with you."

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat 

Elyssios frowned under his helmet.

"Those powers are far from harmless, for all we know the magic your kind uses is the same as any other psyker in the galaxy, drawning powers from the Warp. The warp itself is the very home where the true horrors of chaos are made manifast, Psykery itself is not that rare, but given the excessive use of this *chaos magic*.  You are rather lucky, i may be one of the more self controlled Astartes, but should  Hasdiel or any other Astartes have heard mention you the name *chaos*?  He would have put a bolter round trough your head without any form of mercy. It is rather alarming that youre handling these powers so loosely, yet it could very well attract Daemons to this world, or worse..." Elyssios said.

Maple rolled her eyes and sighed "Whatever these 'Daemons' are I'm sure both me and my father are way more than prepared to take care of them but I'm honest worst I've seen Dad's Magic do is make good things like small animals evil or well pigs fly ironically enough." As she was explaining this she kept her eyes fixed on the soldier ready to react if he moved to shoot her. "As I've said though I mean no harm to you or your kind as long as feelings are mutual."

• Brohoof 1

"If turning small animals turn evil is his signature power then you might as well just not even resist when they attack you." Elyssios said.

"Just follow my advice and don't underestimate them, i won't be around forever to cuddle you all at every turn, and i am a Space Marine, not a peace diplomat."