movies/tv Sony Pictures plans to release Meme Movie

ManaMinori

30 minutes ago, Lucartini said:

If they understood negative reviews they wouldn't have refused to screen for critics until AFTER they made millions on opening night.

I hate this planet.

Well, not everyone can get things right.

• Brohoof 1

Sony runs good games, technology,  alas not the movie. 

Edited by TBD

Now, here's the thing. Major movie studios feel no shame, so if something like this were marketable, then yeah, one of them would probably greenlight it. I wouldn't put much past Hollywood, but even considering that, this doesn't seem super plausible.

I saw emoji toys long before the Emoji Movie was announced, whereas I don't think memes are currently marketable in the same way - at least, not under the single banner of "memes." It also seems less clear what a "Meme Movie" would revolve around, given how many memes there are and how fast the internet zeitgeist changes. 

More importantly, this would have been way more plausible if 20th Century Fox or Universal Pictures or even Lionsgate were the studio mentioned, because they're just as shameless as Sony, but they can't make an "Emoji Movie 2." Sony doesn't need a "Meme Movie."

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Just now, A.V. said:

250px-KingdomdaysNA.jpg

tumblr_lz4h192N6S1qa5c1eo1_500.jpg

Granted, I'm no fan of the latter, but it still counts.

Okay, let me rephrase that. Nintendo doesn't have good kingdom hearts games (sorry, I just find days tedious and too revolving around the three same characters and I find DDD's plot confusing)

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Libra said:

Okay, let me rephrase that. Nintendo doesn't have good kingdom hearts games (sorry, I just find days tedious and too revolving around the three same characters and I find DDD's plot confusing)

DDD's plot is why my love for the series is currently on life-support.

• 3 years later...