Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCon 2017

Denim&Venöm

So with another BC in the books, I'd like to ask, how was everyone's time at the con? What did you do?  What did you see? Who did you meet? What crazy experiences did you have? What merch did you mortgage your homes over? 

Share it all here!

• Brohoof 2

This year was my first Con I've ever been too. I have to say, BronyCon is amazing! I went to a few OC making lessons, the Gala, and, best of all in my opinion, The CMC pannel with Babs Seed, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Dang, meeting bronies and fangirling over the CMC is fun. :D

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, BronyNumber42 said:

I spent Friday getting everyone's autograph. I spent a lot in the market. Got some TSSSF cards, posters, Ponyfinder books. I played Changling. Only went to 1 panel. It seems like I didn't get to do much:(

Which pannel did you get to go to? 

Edited by Silver Note
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, BronyNumber42 said:

Yes. Do you like rpgs?

Yeah, I love 'em. I only just go my first Equestrian Empire character approved, so I'm pretty exited. 

Edited by Silver Note
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Silver Note said:

Yeah, I love 'em. I only just go my first Equestrian Empire approved, so I'm pretty exited. 

I don't know what that is :( I want to play more but I don't have time.

Did anypony play Changling? How about TSSSF? The charity auction was crazy. 2 gold and diamond pendants some for $5500 each. 

I can't wait for next year. 

On 8/15/2017 at 4:17 PM, BronyNumber42 said:

I don't know what that is :( I want to play more but I don't have time.

Did anypony play Changling? How about TSSSF? The charity auction was crazy. 2 gold and diamond pendants some for $5500 each. 

I can't wait for next year. 

Lots of people played TSSSF. Even joined in a round myself before I left early for bed. Sadly though it's not as fun, cause people are taking it too seriously. 

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Lots of people played TSSSF. Even joined in a round myself before I left early for bed. Sadly though it's not as fun, cause people are taking it too seriously. 

Some people take it seriously, some don't. It's not meant to be serious. I wonder if someone could adapt it to other fandoms. It is way better than the official ccg. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, BronyNumber42 said:

Some people take it seriously, some don't. It's not meant to be serious. I wonder if someone could adapt it to other fandoms. It is way better than the official ccg. 

Definitely not. I miss the days when people took the time to read the flavor text. 

And way better than the CCG. I stopped playing the CCG for two reasons. 

1. Pink/Yellow decks suck to play against, mostly cause they employ control strategies, which prevent you from doing anything. In essence, the opponent keeps you from playing the damn game. 
  2. No pony around is playing it. 

Waited for over a year to go to it, cant believe it is over and already planning to go next year again. Bought way too much stuff, now I have to look for space to put it all up.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was my second year at Bronycon and it was a lot of fun. I went to a lot of panels and sung at karaoke. My favorite panels at the convention were: The TF2 Analysis Anarchy Panel, Ponies the Anthology 6 Panel, Hooves Line is it Anyway and Pinkie Tales. The songs I sung at karaoke were Shine like Rainbows and Dance Magic. I entered a Naruto Storm 4 tournament and won the entire tournament as well. I met some new friends and met some YouTubers' as well. Some of the YouTubers' are: GoldenFox, Keyframe, ToonKriticY2K, Eliyora, Jasper Pie, British Ninja, Black Check/Slate, AnY Entertainment, Finn the Pony, Dustykatt, Obab Scribbler and GutiuSerenade. I got to learn and play Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder. It was pretty funny and a pretty cool card game. The merchandise I got at the convention were: a Starlight Glimmer dog tag and cutie mark emblem necklace, a plush of Snowball from Overwatch, A Gamer Luna and Twilight poster, A Celestia poster, a free pass for next year for winning the Naruto tournament, and an autograph and picture with Kelly Sheridan. All in all, this Bronycon felt even better than last year. I'm looking forward to going to Bronycon again next year. 

• Brohoof 1

This year's Bronycon was the first I ever attended... For that matter, it was the first really large fan convention I've ever attended as well... I mean I've been to BrickFair Virginia several times (it was actually the weekend before Bronycon this year), but the entirety of the event would have easily fit into Bronycon's vendor area...  But I digress.

I was only able to make it down Sunday, due to having to perform an emergency home improvement project Friday (had to replace a light fixture in the kitchen, among other things) and the monthly PennLUG (Pennsylvania Lego User's Group) meeting Saturday.  Even with being there for just one day, I had lots of fun.  I managed to miss pretty much all the panels because I kept getting lost and/or side-tracked with buying stuff or meeting new people, and I just barely missed out on getting Kelly Sheridan's autograph (I was hoping she'd sign this Starlight Glimmer print I'd bought), but I DID get to meet & get my picture taken with Claire Corlett (and as a bit of a bonus, when she found out I was one of her YouTube subscribers, she had me record a bit for the 3-part video series she's making about BronyCon 2017 for her channel) as well as Brittney Ackerman (does a lot of Rainbow Dash fan voice acting, mainly for TriDashie) and Ink Rose.... I bought 3 of Ink Rose's prints (which she signed) and got to talk to her for a little bit.

I also made a new friend during the closing ceremonies, so all in all, it was an awesome experience.  I also had to make a special trip to Michaels to buy picture frames for all the prints I got (I still don't have a frame for the Rainbow Dash print I bought, due to it being a rather odd size), and have them hanging in various places of honor around the house (the signed Princess Celestia :sunbutt: print I got from Ink Rose is hanging on the wall behind this very computer, and the signed Rarity :D print is hanging above my bed).   I'm really looking forwards to going again next year and am planning on going all three days this time.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/14/2017 at 3:35 PM, Hierok said:

I wish I can be there next year. It seems fun to meet a lot of people there. :grin:

So do I, but I've just started living my own life, and while I'm not short of ca$h, it's still not enough to afford traveling so far for a con :sunny: 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

So do I, but I've just started living my own life, and while I'm not short of ca$h, it's still not enough to afford traveling so far for a con :sunny: 

Money is always the problem. :twi:

It was my first one this year! :D I could only go the last day but it was still great. Went to the screenwriting & Podcasting panel with ACRacebest & company, met Kelly Sheridan, :pinkie::pinkie: and met the Youtuber Applegeek!! Can't wait to go again next year ^_^

MandyE (@mandyej0urnal) • Instagram photos and videos (1).png

MandyE (@mandyej0urnal) • Instagram photos and videos.png

• Brohoof 2