Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP : FIM Writing Staff Using Episodes To Send Messages to the Fans

bwrosas

Well, when one looks at it, the staff was not only pointing out the complaints and criticisms we as fans have had over the seasons. But through the "We're Not Flawless" song, basically told us that not everything they've showcased in the past and will showcase in the future is going to be perfect or exactly what you (as fans) want.

And the ending where AppleJack asked about the ponies (representation of the fanbase) outside the castle, and Twlight's response was that they can wait, I look at as the writing staff telling us, that the answers to the questions we seek will come, but we have to wait and be patient.

Another thing I sense with this episode (based on what others , like Silver Quill and Dr. Wolfe had to say), is that the writing staff was kinda telling us that if want answers to these questions/criticisms/complaints, that perhaps we should try to do it ourselves. Because it seems that they're telling us at the end of the episode, that yes we will possibly get the answers to our questions, but that the door is opened for us to try and answer these questions through our own interpretation.

Now did they have to have Starlight say the line that she did, about it not being the Mane 6's fault, but everypony else's for focusing on the wrong things. In a way no.  But it was done, because the writing staff was reminding us, especially at the end when Starlight brought the two foils from earlier, what the core/heart of the show and lessons were really about and who (originally) the target audience it was aimed towards. 

However, like SQ said in his video, it doesn't mean the writing staff (through the characters) wants to incorporate these lessons and morals into trying to make our everyday lives better, because they probably do, but at the end of all this, to remember what the show and the lessons were/are really about and who (originally) they were really meant for.

Not saying we can't enjoy MLP : FIM for what it is , that being a good overall story/series (comic books, TV) or the upcoming movie. Because we can and should.  But as the writing staff (as meta as it was) reminded us at the of this episode , that through our enjoyment, to remember what the show originally was meant as and who it originally was meant for.

Have A Blessed Day-bwrosas

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, i knew little girls are the core  audiences and Bronies too, because Bronies buy merchandises, go convention, talking with staffs, watch the show etc. Bronies are the driving force behind Mlp greatness, you realized the writting has changed over year, more serious topics, mature morals, for whom? to appeal Bronies, if they just want to appeal little girls, Slice of Life wont or Twilight Kingdom wont exists, these episodes are clearly made to appeal us, that my 2 cents. Just  dont cater to one demographic, make episodes that both of them can enjoy, i think Lauren Faust doesnt want this show to be made for just for girls.

Random: I definitely love the show for what it is, but some eps are too dumb to let them pass... but i wont act like an obnoxious fan, like sending a death threat or something...

The episode is horrible episode for me personally and while the moral is good in it I think they went too far with it and it's too much for me to handle or watch the episode with such harsh representation of the ponies.

Episodes like this are not why I watch mlp and with making this episode it has become significantly harder for me to watch the episodes

I actually really enjoyed the episode.  I am someone who enjoys meta narratives and with how much of that was in the episode, was something I greatly appreciated.  Plus given the nature of fandom, especially this one as well as celebrity culture, the moral was definitely a much needed one.  I would say it's one of my favorites of the season.

On 9/6/2017 at 0:11 AM, Lambdadelta said:

or Twilight Kingdom wont exists

But that wasn't pandering to us. At most I could see someone pointing to the magic battle between Tirek and Twilight, but that's really only looking at a couple minutes of a 44 minutes story in which other things were happening, and it's not like kids can't like violence too or else we wouldn't have already had that mane six vs changeling brawl in A Canterlot Wedding.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah it's like the writing staff have been implementing things into episodet that refer to my theory and even my interest trends. It's like they are trying to tell me that they have interest in my theory without actually contacting me about it. Like a recent example is a number of characters in episode 18 of season 7 were wearing capes and capes have been a massive interest trend for me recently especially in the RPs I'm involved in here on the forums! :)