Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

7 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Only my hairdresser knows for sure.  *wink*

and your sense of destruction? :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, TBD said:

destruction?

Oh, is THAT what you want?

Well, then... next I reply, I guess I'll just have to SEE about that, now won't I?

59df1310d7d11_Discordevil.gif.1e5f886602110f50fd2c5d05dd918f9e.gif.dde78cd06e9660605425cb49faf0f1e3.gif

• Brohoof 1

Rubs chin thoughtfully 

@Lektra Bolt since Rocky doesn't have his things yet, can I have a quick change suggestion regarding his ranger weapon if you have not yet planned too much things for him? I recently realized that I totally love this rp and got (somewhat) creative for once, something you don't see from me too often. :D

He is supposed to be a speedster right? So, you have no idea how well inline skates would work for him. (Attached to all of his hooves naturally) Maybe they could then combine into one piece and then be combined into the bigger blaster. I naturally don't want to make him powerful so aside from granting him dank speed and finesse, he could maybe give kicks and punches with their sharp blades, aided by momentum but nothing like, electric jolts or anything else crazy. If you are wondering about how silly inlines would look on a pony, I have to disagree even before you answer, for they can look absolutely radical with the right design. :proud:

Edit: I am aware that this is late as hell call but yeah, sometimes I get these blasts of wisdom right before things are set in stone.

Edited by Gabriel

5 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Rubs chin thoughtfully 

@Lektra Bolt since Rocky doesn't have his things yet, can I have a quick change suggestion regarding his ranger weapon if you have not yet planned too much things for him? I recently realized that I totally love this rp and got (somewhat) creative for once, something you don't see from me too often. :D

He is supposed to be a speedster right? So, you have no idea how well inline skates would work for him. (Attached to all of his hooves naturally) Maybe they could then combine into one piece and then be combined into the bigger blaster. I naturally don't want to make him powerful so aside from granting him dank speed and finesse, he could maybe give kicks and punches with their sharp blades, aided by momentum but nothing like, electric jolts or anything else crazy. If you are wondering about how silly inlines would look on a pony, I have to disagree even before you answer, for they can look absolutely radical with the right design. :proud:

Edit: I am aware that this is late as hell call but yeah, sometimes I get these blasts of wisdom right before things are set in stone.

I am not against this, but you'd have to be constantly moving to be able to use this, and we're trying to avoid his speed being Op like Flash in some games remember? Not against it, just tell me how you'd avoid constantly running around and slashing things without being hit. And no it's not weird, Pinkie wore them in season 1 and some others have too.

And yea it's a little late but you're right he doesn't have his powers yet until you post. 

And the others are stalled since @Denim&Venomhas been busy

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Alright so, to compress it, I thought of them being more like icons that further drive home what his role is rather than just boosts on top of an already existing power to make him op. The only real edge they would give me is the looks (skating everywhere instead of walking as long as we are not in a swamp) and the fact that he can slash with them, but they don't give him a stupidly op augment to his preexisting skill. When you look at the rangers and you see the one with the skates, you can't think of nothing else but that he is the speedy one out of the lot. It's like when you look at the mane six (seven?), you might see right away which one is the bookworm, which one is the fashion lover and so on even if you weren't a fan of the show.

Now, power wise, I thought that his offensive capabilities would be reduced to smaller levels, assuming more of a support role in fights, using his speed to aid where necessary. I never imagined him to be the super acrobatic dodge ball master though, since he is not even a serious fighter, at least not before extensive training on top of extensive training is had and will need to rely on his head more than just "dank skills" in most situations. (As in, how to get around those bad guys with/without the aid of his speed rather than trying to play flash and get disintegrated) 

So, in short, he would be more like a backup on the field, unable to combat baddies as effectively as the heavy hitters (They are skates, not lightsabers) but can aid by pestering them around/distracting, (Though he can take on smaller enemies alone, especially later on) which means that he won't prance around the battle like a ballerina and steal everyone's marks. This is because while he is fast, he is probably one, if not the youngest of the group (Heck, others just came into the ceremony but Rocky was left out because his mom didn't allow him to go) and thanks to his inexperience he is not super smart regarding combat (as stated before), and because he is not well versed in it, he also can't really dodge anything on the fly unless saved by pure luck and his speed. (Which rarely happens if he doesn't plan his moves ahead) The inexperience also directly correlates to the amount of mistakes he makes, which is rookie level a lot.

TL;DR: He is the definition of glass cannon, really fast but he needs to hide/plan ahead because he will get blazed in a direct fight thanks to his young age and inexperience in combat.

Sorry if this is a bit of a jumble, wrote this on a short notice and will maybe edit this out to be a bit smoother in case I find the need for it.

Edited by Gabriel

43 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Alright so, to compress it, I thought of them being more like icons that further drive home what his role is rather than just boosts on top of an already existing power to make him op. The only real edge they would give me is the looks (skating everywhere instead of walking as long as we are not in a swamp) and the fact that he can slash with them, but they don't give him a stupidly op augment to his preexisting skill. When you look at the rangers and you see the one with the skates, you can't think of nothing else but that he is the speedy one out of the lot. It's like when you look at the mane six (seven?), you might see right away which one is the bookworm, which one is the fashion lover and so on even if you weren't a fan of the show.

Now, power wise, I thought that his offensive capabilities would be reduced to smaller levels, assuming more of a support role in fights, using his speed to aid where necessary. I never imagined him to be the super acrobatic dodge ball master though, since he is not even a serious fighter, at least not before extensive training on top of extensive training is had and will need to rely on his head more than just "dank skills" in most situations. (As in, how to get around those bad guys with/without the aid of his speed rather than trying to play flash and get disintegrated) 

So, in short, he would be more like a backup on the field, unable to combat baddies as effectively as the heavy hitters (They are skates, not lightsabers) but can aid by pestering them around/distracting, (Though he can take on smaller enemies alone, especially later on) which means that he won't prance around the battle like a ballerina and steal everyone's marks. This is because while he is fast, he is probably one, if not the youngest of the group (Heck, others just came into the ceremony but Rocky was left out because his mom didn't allow him to go) and thanks to his inexperience he is not super smart regarding combat (as stated before), and because he is not well versed in it, he also can't really dodge anything on the fly unless saved by pure luck and his speed. (Which rarely happens if he doesn't plan his moves ahead) The inexperience also directly correlates to the amount of mistakes he makes, which is rookie level a lot.

TL;DR: He is the definition of glass cannon, really fast but he needs to hide/plan ahead because he will get blazed in a direct fight thanks to his young age and inexperience in combat.

Sorry if this is a bit of a jumble, wrote this on a short notice and will maybe edit this out to be a bit smoother in case I find the need for it.

I am unsure how this will work. The skates are actually light sabers, as the weapon part is made of alloy and when activated gains a layer of Magitek 'light' to act as the damage part. I was thinking he would be more of a bruiser front line, since we have two Unicorns and a Unicorn android, plus a third later on. We need someone who would be more in the thick of things and not ranged. What about distraction and more of a look at me sort of guy if you don't want to be up front and personal?

All of my characters are usually the "look at me!" type described so I don't see any issue with that myself. I think that would be the best, most natural for me in fact. Rocky as a FoE (Fallout Equestria) character lives for others praise and nothing else so I will just up that factor in his persona on this "dumbed down" normal version of him.

10 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

All of my characters are usually the "look at me!" type described so I don't see any issue with that myself. I think that would be the best, most natural for me in fact. Rocky as a FoE (Fallout Equestria) character lives for others praise and nothing else so I will just up that factor in his persona on this "dumbed down" normal version of him.

Sounds good! Just waiting for your post seeing the recording.

He won't be all that dumbed down. I expect when he's suited up he will look and function quite similar to the original fallout pic you showed me while going in for slashes with the skates :)

The suits are closer to Iron Man powered armor suits than simple spandex and have a HUD. The ones for Luster, Dawn, and Clayton have holsters for their weapons when they get their weapons, and each has hoof shields that allow blocking attacks a couple of times until they need to have the shield recharge. Can't fly (Yet :P) but the enhanced power while suited up is very much like the show but made for ponies who don't necessarily go in and beat stuff up. They're made more for 'don't die' and helping survival than actually using the suit itself to fight.

Super forms will be flashier with more built in suit functions as we discuss it when it comes up, but that's a long ways off and something to look forward to 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

Ah, yes. I didn't mean dumbed down power wise. Heck, he might even get more powerful than the original at some point. :D I just meant personality wise. Rocky (Junker) is a murderous maniac in a constant psychosis pretty much. He imagines himself as a master of everything (even if that is as far from the truth as can be) and will do absolutely anything to get to the top first.

Our Rocky is a kid that likes baking. 

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Ah, yes. I didn't mean dumbed down power wise. Heck, he might even get more powerful than the original at some point. :D I just meant personality wise. Rocky (Junker) is a murderous maniac in a constant psychosis pretty much. He imagines himself as a master of everything (even if that is as far from the truth as can be) and will do absolutely anything to get to the top first.

Our Rocky is a kid that likes baking. 

He also has really fun to read inner monologue, while Lektra complains about everything, because that's how it is and she has an opinion on it 

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Saved on Microsoft Word, done minus the transformation part. I have never gotten this sick before and it has only started toning down slowly. Tomorrow I have 2 exams as well so I'll see how and if I can manage those and then get back to it. I apologize for delaying this again.

Spoiler

Yes, my life is a constant losing streak, believe it or don't. :D

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Saved on Microsoft Word, done minus the transformation part. I have never gotten this sick before and it has only started toning down slowly. Tomorrow I have 2 exams as well so I'll see how and if I can manage those and then get back to it. I apologize for delaying this again.

Hide contents

Yes, my life is a constant losing streak, believe it or don't. :D

Well thanks for the update! Hopefully it all goes well for you and you can get it before they make off with the artifact with no resistance at all. We have a time stop here at the command center until you post, or I guess @Denim&Venom could do it and I'll have it happen immediately afterwards on my end. Still need to explain why we're late, but I know how to explain that already :P

Transformation should not be hard. For it to make sense time wise all Lektra and Sparky would see is a flash of light. Describing what you do in the time skip that only you experience is up to you. You can skip it if you want, but since it's the first time you probably should do it like when a magical girl (or other) character earns their powers in such things and it's an extended version.

Personally, my transformation looks like the Gold Ranger, done by pony. It's directly inspired by that :adorkable:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

And that is what an rp post that was done on a timer looks like ladies and lads. Hope it isn't unreadably choppy.

It's good! Love it!

It's more like powered armor in this though, and there's no fabric, just alloy. You shouldn't have your weapon or Ranger Power yet, but you'll get it once it's necessary for the first time. Unless you meant he actually moves on his skates all the time?

Time to show him what happened to the previous team and bring Magitek robots with us

• 2 weeks later...

@Lektra Bolt I've already posted my response, I'm just waiting on the others. Plus Luster doesn't know it's a cultist. All she knows is that it's just a break in at the Baltimare museum. Taking down Obsidian's operation takes priority ATM for multiple reasons. 

• Brohoof 2