Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Power Rangers - MLP Style! OOC (Reboot)

Lektra Bolt

5 minutes ago, TBD said:

Could have 20% universal power instead of magic. like something that comes out from space along with the technology 

What does that even mean? :okiedokieloki:

Sorry I understand none of that

18 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Like, inheriting as the RP starts? Please elaborate. I didn't have much planned there, and had wanted her to keep her job to be close to Twilight. She likes her job. I didn't want to just fall back on being richer

I'd say having had it for a few years, not sure what to do with it till now. Maybe forms a tech company with Twi?

Only if Sci Twi decided to move also, because reasons. It doesn't really work out unless we change the city entirely and drop the connection to Sci Twi entirely. I had wanted to keep her in the loop. You can see I didn't have much worked out for EG?

She could have. Maybe that's how they meet, in college? 

Wouldn't you rather be an android? Operation Overdrive had an Android Ranger, but he didn't know he was an android

Butlers don't go on missions

I don't even know if Luster should be in this. In Equestria, she was the foil to Twilight's plan of peace and friendship. That extreme force is justified if its used to protect. But the human world is kinda like that already. she wouldn't really stand out, nor does the EQG world have that tech/magic combo to make Luster. I mean, what was she supposed to do this whole time? 

Unless your name is Alfred. 

This works! Equestria Lektra made them? Kinda feels like a cop-out, especially if we're upgrading the finances for EG

More like the EoH/ ToH made them and sent them to restore harmony in the EQG verse. 

If it's been some years and everyone moved on to college, maybe that would also help to alleviate some of the issues? Ok. Let's work off this. Sunset is around too of course :sunny:

What if Sci Twi and Lektra are working on the company together by this time? Twi is probably married by now, or we could eliminate Timber as a failed relationship and just have them together? Seems too easy, but working together might work? Twi joins up cause another genius recognized her genius? No ulterior motivation lol

Will you wanna play her, or we just have her float around in NPC form? I feel like she'd be a Ranger ally. Tech opportunity of a lifetime

I don't see Twi being the relationship type, much less getting married at such a young age. But unless she becomes a ranger, I don't see her being involved really. I'd actually see Lektra keeping Twi out of the loop to protect her, and that drives a wedge between them, made worse when Twi learns Lektra is activly risking her life as one of the rangers. 

Another way to go about this is to scrap cannon altogether and have this all start at the first EQG movie. Instead of OCs, we use the Humane 5 as our rangers, with the various movie villains being monster of the week types or mid-bosses to a bigger baddie. 

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd say having had it for a few years, not sure what to do with it till now. Maybe forms a tech company with Twi?

She could have. Maybe that's how they meet, in college? 

I don't even know if Luster should be in this. In Equestria, she was the foil to Twilight's plan of peace and friendship. That extreme force is justified if its used to protect. But the human world is kinda like that already. she wouldn't really stand out, nor does the EQG world have that tech/magic combo to make Luster. I mean, what was she supposed to do this whole time? 

Unless your name is Alfred. 

More like the EoH/ ToH made them and sent them to restore harmony in the EQG verse. 

I don't see Twi being the relationship type, much less getting married at such a young age. But unless she becomes a ranger, I don't see her being involved really. I'd actually see Lektra keeping Twi out of the loop to protect her, and that drives a wedge between them, made worse when Twi learns Lektra is activly risking her life as one of the rangers. 

Another way to go about this is to scrap cannon altogether and have this all start at the first EQG movie. Instead of OCs, we use the Humane 5 as our rangers, with the various movie villains being monster of the week types or mid-bosses to a bigger baddie. 

Spit ball here.

Ok say they form a legit tech company in college, not just a one woman company anymore, get some employees. Let's go with that idea, Twilight is married to Timber or they're still dating. He's around...... Somewhere out there. What people do is their business. Say they're making loads of money and it's enough to be able to repair the magical Zords from the other world, wouldn't the government notice they're getting too rich?

Or would you want to time push this to where Twi is out of school and like 25 after college a year or so and basically same thing, they're extremely rich together and the Power Rangers thing happens? Problems with the government?

You also underestimate the tech in this world, or the combined genius of two geniuses. Lektra already made Sparky who is fully autonomous, who's to say they won't be able to create an android Luster together? Heck throw in Sunset too who's been shown as pretty smart at times, and we basically have the Mech team that created Luster in the original origin. She goes a bit um :fabulous: and wants to be the leader or she walks? Do you like this angle? Is it a good start off for something you can work with?

Or we forget Luster since she really only works in Equestria as an on again/off again anti-villain and she was pretty unstable anyway as Red when we did it here. What if we go with Sci Twi is Red instead? Interested in playing her? Doesn't seem her color unless we swap Red out for Lavender entirely.

As for the Canon girls being our Rangers, I'm not confident in enough players showing up who want to play canon. Heck I'm not even sure at time of writing if you're interested in Sci Twi and who our villain is, but that's my spit balls for now

Edited by Lektra Bolt

16 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Spit ball here.

Ok say they form a legit tech company in college, not just a one woman company anymore, get some employees. Let's go with that idea, Twilight is married to Timber or they're still dating. He's around...... Somewhere out there. What people do is their business. Say they're making loads of money and it's enough to be able to repair the magical Zords from the other world, wouldn't the government notice they're getting too rich?

Or would you want to time push this to where Twi is out of school and like 25 after college a year or so and basically same thing, they're extremely rich together and the Power Rangers thing happens? Problems with the government?

The government only notices after the rangers appear, and they slowly begin piecing things together while Lektra, one of the few people in the area qualified to do anything of tat nature, is monitored, specially when quirky genius begins to act even more suspicious. she's at least suspected for breaking a few safety ordinances and not acquiring permits for her dangers tests. They'll be a looming hurdle. 

22 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You also underestimate the tech in this world, or the combined genius of two geniuses. Lektra already made Sparky who is fully autonomous, who's to say they won't be able to create an android Luster together? She goes a bit um :fabulous: and wants to be the leader or she walks? Do you like this angle? Is it a good start off for something you can work with?

Or we forget Luster since she really only works in Equestria as an on again/off again anti-villain and she was pretty unstable anyway as Red when we did it here. What if we go with Sci Twi is Red instead? Interested in playing her? Doesn't seem her color unless we swap Red out for Lavender entirely.

I don't see Twi as a leader or a fighter. In fact, I can see her as a villain. Lektra's secrecy and work as a ranger drives her to become Midnight once again. Then redemption arc, then ranger status. 

We still haven't answered what purpose Luster would serve in the human world. What is she doing prior to the events of the rangers? Heck, I don't even think Sparky should exist. A functioning robot would bring Lektra way too much attention. 

Maybe this instead. Luster and Sparky actually come in through Equestria. Why them and not Princess Twi? Maybe we don't know? Maybe Luster is damaged, having amnesia? Or she's faking it cause Twi would dissaprove of her goals in the EQG realm. Or she becomes human through the gate and that throws a wrench into everything. Or, Lektra became rich and tech savy from finding Luster years prior and reverse engineered her magitech, making her own Luster copy while the original waits to be reactivated to execute it's original goals. 

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The government only notices after the rangers appear, and they slowly begin piecing things together while Lektra, one of the few people in the area qualified to do anything of tat nature, is monitored, specially when quirky genius begins to act even more suspicious. she's at least suspected for breaking a few safety ordinances and not acquiring permits for her dangers tests. They'll be a looming hurdle

I guess I'll leave that to you to time and write as you feel like, cause I trust you

don't see Twi as a leader or a fighter. In fact, I can see her as a villain. Lektra's secrecy and work as a ranger drives her to become Midnight once again. Then redemption arc, then ranger status. 

If you wanna do this, sure. Why not. We'll figure out timing as things develop. But you're definitely running her?

We still haven't answered what purpose Luster would serve in the human world. What is she doing prior to the events of the rangers?

I just like Luster, I feel like she's one of the most brilliant (if heavily troubled and with a ton of emotional baggage due to mistakes in her creation, as necessary on a per RP basis) characters you've ever done, and I'd like my friends to be comfortable in RPs I do. :mlp_yeehaa:

Heck, I don't even think Sparky should exist. A functioning robot would bring Lektra way too much attention. 

I'm just going to leave this here, as you've probably not seen it before

Spoiler

received_10155246352759717.thumb.jpeg.bf95e01ca210dbc7bb0f8f4104200021.jpeg

Sparky already exists. We're way past that :mlp_toldya:

it's part of her existing back story that Sparky and the tech she's wearing is her first inventions.

So a fully electronic version of Luster is not out of the question, if Lektra, Sci Twi, and Sunset put their heads together.

See the next idea though, but I'd like to keep world interactions to an otherwise minimum

Maybe this instead. Luster and Sparky actually come in through Equestria. Why them and not Princess Twi? Maybe we don't know? Maybe Luster is damaged, having amnesia? Or she's faking it cause Twi would dissaprove of her goals in the EQG realm. Or she becomes human through the gate and that throws a wrench into everything. Or, Lektra became rich and tech savy from finding Luster years prior and reverse engineered her magitech, making her own Luster copy while the original waits to be reactivated to execute it's original goals. 

I'm seeing a definite 'I wanna be the villain vibe' here. I'm personally not particularly fond of Luster as a villain for a second time, at least not until Mech concludes (I still need to make edits there). Frankly I've gotten attached to her. Ok yea this is a RP character and not real and all that, but I really like what you've done, and a second time with evil (somewhat misguided) Luster just would feel painful. Heart wrenching even.

Thought TBD was doing villains if Rand allowed it

You can do it if you're really dead set on it cause you're just great at stories, but just consider this idea:

Say this might be a v9.x Luster that's past murdering humans, using the v9+ (I leave the version number ambiguous) as you've so artfully been before Twi jumped out of it in Mech. She would have magical nanotechnology and could use it to rebuild herself as humanoid, fitting in to follow some kind of mission. Maybe hasn't given up on genocide quite yet, or doing research on humans? Say with a lack of as much ambient magic in this world her systems start to fail about a month in without maintenance and she seeks out her mom's counterpart? Something prevents her from returning home?

She's rebuilt and her robot life is saved (Luster has a soul, we've proven this) but loses about 95% of the Op and becomes closer to a human Android. She's stuck in that form and can't change shape.

I can't come up with motivation for her to even stay this long or accept being rebuilt as such a shadow of her former self, but with what you've given me I could see Luster being on the path to Ranger.

Why would she be trapped in EG world? How did she end up there to begin with? These are the questions I have 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I'm seeing a definite 'I wanna be the villain vibe' here. I'm personally not particularly fond of Luster as a villain for a second time, at least not until Mech concludes (I still need to make edits there). Frankly I've gotten attached to her. Ok yea this is a RP character and not real and all that, but I really like what you've done, and a second time with evil (somewhat misguided) Luster just would feel painful. Heart wrenching even.

Kinda sorta why i haven't replied yet on Mech. I don't 100% know where to go with Luster, partially cause I don't know where we'll go post mech RP. But we can have that discussion there, not here. 

Maybe not 100% full on baddie, but an antagonist to the heroes still, butting heads while she tries to save the world her way. Heck, she'll probably start as a good guy, albeit one with potentially nefarious intent but still, that's more than Luster had in mech. 

Glad that you've had that connection with her. You helped bring her to life too y'know. I probably would've relegated her to the edgelord Ocs bin if it wasn't for Lektra. 

Maybe we should put Luster on the back burner till we have everything else sorted out. Maybe we'll get an idea as everything falls more into place. 

And that's.... quite the outfit Lektra has on. :twismile:

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Kinda sorta why i haven't replied yet on Mech. I don't 100% know where to go with Luster, partially cause I don't know where we'll go post mech RP. But we can have that discussion there, not here. 

Maybe not 100% full on baddie, but an antagonist to the heroes still, butting heads while she tries to save the world her way. Heck, she'll probably start as a good guy, albeit one with potentially nefarious intent but still, that's more than Luster had in mech. 

Glad that you've had that connection with her. You helped bring her to life too y'know. I probably would've relegated her to the edgelord Ocs bin if it wasn't for Lektra. 

Maybe we should put Luster on the back burner till we have everything else sorted out. Maybe we'll get an idea as everything falls more into place. 

And that's.... quite the outfit Lektra has on. :twismile:

Yea that's ok, whatever you feel would make sense for the story at the time and when to bring her in. A loose cannon isn't really a stretch (Ranger history has a lot of extras who are lone wolves originally and then join up when they run into something too hard), so starting and staying is possible. You'll know if I object to something :)

Well we did a good job together! It's going to be really hard to quantify the extensive history to players who weren't there, and would require either something you run or something I run to really work, but it's really one of your most brilliant if not the most brilliant characters IMHO. Still somewhat edge lord, but lovable with motivations. 

So this RP. I'm not going to be the leader, as before. I'm doing Extra Ranger. If you're not doing Luster, what are you doing? OC? Sci Twi?

Let's get back to working on the back story I guess. So they're around 25, Twi is done with all schooling, Lektra quit teaching to do her company full time, Twi is optionally married with Timber, Lektra recruited Twi, they're moderately rich running a tech company together with Sunset on board too? The other girls are background somewhere as necessary?

*closes her lab coat* What outfit? You saw nothing under the lab coat! (easily Sfw during school hours or tease otherwise)

So uh, Power Rangers stuff happens? Is it that simple? 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

25 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Yea that's ok, whatever you feel would make sense for the story at the time and when to bring her in. A loose cannon isn't really a stretch (Ranger history has a lot of extras who are lone wolves originally and then join up when they run into something too hard), so starting and staying is possible. You'll know if I object to something :)

Well we did a good job together! It's going to be really hard to quantify the extensive history to players who weren't there, and would require either something you run or something I run to really work, but it's really one of your most brilliant if not the most brilliant characters IMHO. Still somewhat edge lord, but lovable with motivations. 

So this RP. I'm not going to be the leader, as before. I'm doing Extra Ranger. If you're not doing Luster, what are you doing? OC? Sci Twi?

Let's get back to working on the back story I guess. So they're around 25, Twi is done with all schooling, Lektra quit teaching to do her company full time, Twi is optionally married with Timber, Lektra recruited Twi, they're moderately rich running a tech company together with Sunset on board too? The other girls are background somewhere as necessary?

*closes her lab coat* What outfit? You saw nothing under the lab coat! (easily Sfw during school hours or tease otherwise)

So uh, Power Rangers stuff happens? Is it that simple? 

Y'know, maybe not even college. Perhaps they're still in high school, but Twi is in Canterlot, Lektra is still in Crystal prep, and the other rangers are also prep students too. Since it's rich kids, Lektra still has her money from an online tech company selling software and apps. But all the weird activity around CHS sparks Leks investigations and eventual transformation into a ranger. also I can see Leks trying to sway Twi back to crystal prep, if only to do what she couldn't back then: confess her feelings for Twi. 

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

What does that even mean? :okiedokieloki:

Sorry I understand none of that

I mean like most super sentai (power ranger) got their power from the extraterrestrial in which the zords comes along with it. So it's not like the zords are made out of basic human technology but rather made from far more advanced technology from the extraterrestrial. 

2 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

You also underestimate the tech in this world, or the combined genius of two geniuses. Lektra already made Sparky who is fully autonomous, who's to say they won't be able to create an android Luster together? Heck throw in Sunset too who's been shown as pretty smart at times, and we basically have the Mech team that created Luster in the original origin. She goes a bit um :fabulous: and wants to be the leader or she walks? Do you like this angle? Is it a good start off for something you can work with?

But then again with Sci-twi and lektra's skills, that might already fit the bill for creating a high-tech zords.  

(edited)
On 10/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Y'know, maybe not even college. Perhaps they're still in high school, but Twi is in Canterlot, Lektra is still in Crystal prep, and the other rangers are also prep students too. Since it's rich kids, Lektra still has her money from an online tech company selling software and apps. But all the weird activity around CHS sparks Leks investigations and eventual transformation into a ranger. also I can see Leks trying to sway Twi back to crystal prep, if only to do what she couldn't back then: confess her feelings for Twi. 

Whoa whoa hold on there. The way I have it set up is Lektra has a doctorate degree from accelerated study, and has been the Engineering teacher at Canter for a good while, before Sunset even came to the school.

She's known as the youngest teacher in the school, never gives homework, and she regularly plays a prank on freshmen on the first day where she pretends to be a student. Naturally she's a hit with the NPC/background students and gets into as much trouble as they usually do. Lektra is just that good at her job that Celestia doesn't feel like firing her 

We were in an RP earlier where I did a similar find the teacher prank.

She's seen everything that's happened and is as intimately acquainted with the weird activity as the student body, including knowing there are two of Twilight and at least two worlds. See earlier where I explained that after you initially brought up the idea of changing settings

This is a long winded post, so I can understand if you skimmed

I could write a whole fanfiction about this :yay:

Edited by Lektra Bolt

@Lektra Bolt 

Guess what she is in life will depend on what we have Twilight as. Is Twi still a student or is she in college? 

Personally I think High School would be more traditional to the ranger mold. Either way I don't think Lektra should be acquainted with the weirdness just yet. Kinda dulls the whole fish out of water experience of being a ranger. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Lektra Bolt 

Guess what she is in life will depend on what we have Twilight as. Is Twi still a student or is she in college? 

Personally I think High School would be more traditional to the ranger mold. Either way I don't think Lektra should be acquainted with the weirdness just yet. Kinda dulls the whole fish out of water experience of being a ranger. 

It would, but she's more the designer/tech person. As with the first version Lektra has been a Ranger for about a month before recruiting the players, so the fish out of water has already happened. Her suit is severely damaged

Lektra would go where Twi is

Edited by Lektra Bolt

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

It would, but she's more the designer/tech person. As with the first version Lektra has been a Ranger for about a month before recruiting the players, so the fish out of water has already happened. Her suit is severely damaged

Lektra would go where Twi is

Do we want this to go beat for beat like the last? I guess it depends on how we transition the villains to this, but I'd like for her to start out as part of the team. Also, she seems less capable of waging a one woman war in this world than her Equestrian counterpart could. 

Another idea. What if Equestria has already fallen to our evil doers and now the tree of harmony is sending it's magic to prevent another world from falling and to possibly aid in Equestria's liberation. Maybe there is no human Lektra. Perhaps there's only pony Lektra becoming human as a refugee. We just haven't met human leks. 

11 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Do we want this to go beat for beat like the last? I guess it depends on how we transition the villains to this, but I'd like for her to start out as part of the team. Also, she seems less capable of waging a one woman war in this world than her Equestrian counterpart could. 

Another idea. What if Equestria has already fallen to our evil doers and now the tree of harmony is sending it's magic to prevent another world from falling and to possibly aid in Equestria's liberation. Maybe there is no human Lektra. Perhaps there's only pony Lektra becoming human as a refugee. We just haven't met human leks. 

I kinda had wanted to have it go exactly the same and just ask people to not spoil themselves by reading the RP thread for this. As for less capable, like I said that depends on if she has the funds or not and how she has funds

For that we would have to not only have @TBDchime in if they're capable of such a feat or not, but there's so much more that has to be worked out (like which cast Charo didn't die, if any), but I hesitate to have that happen. Our girls seem capable of handing threats to the world, so it has to be that much overpowering that everyone is powerless. I can't see this happening, cause at least the version 2 scenario would happen (this would be version 3 and version 1 never got off the ground), where Lektra is waging war with a team back there. I don't want too much crossover with the two worlds and they'd operate pretty much independently.

And oh no, there is an extensive background for human Lektra. This would be one of the rare opportunities to flesh it out. I'd feel kind of bad not to

3 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Denim&Venom@TBD

So guys what else needs working out? Spitball with me please?

We don't seem to have come up with a coherent idea for the reboot and how's Rand on his villains being continued as humanoids?

Well we never met Rand's villians yet. Maybe they stay the way they are and they become invaders from Equestria. 

We haven't exactly had thoughts from everyone else on the change to EQG yet. 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Denim&Venom@TBD

So guys what else needs working out? Spitball with me please?

We don't seem to have come up with a coherent idea for the reboot and how's Rand on his villains being continued as humanoids?

I think we keep the villains and the zords just the way they are. Although I haven't got anything from Rand yet. So i'm gotta massage him. As for the EQG, I like the idea of it, maybe have the invaders comes from equestria and  wants to take over the human world? 

Spoiler

Well to my limited knowledge what Rand's villains can do and need.... they need to some sort of  magical artifacts to resurrect their leader. We can have the the artifacts is spread across the human world. Because whoever hid the artifacts thinks that the human world is the best place to hide it. The Equestria has this a secret magical place where they can put all the artifacts together to revive their leader.  

I don't think their ability is going to be null in EG, they will be similar to the siren where they sill can use their power.  They will just become a humanoid but with a slight monstrous  look  like most all RP villains. As for the portal they will try to transpass celestia's castle to steal the mirror. 

Spoilers please do not read. this is meant for lektra and me to read. 

Edited by TBD

20 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@TBDI don't recommend posting plot spoilers. Please remove that before too many see this.

Secondly the mirror is in the Castle of Friendship

well you get the point. 

and also I don't think this as a "spoiler" since it's just an idea but I put the spoiler tab on just in case.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

@TBD@Denim&Venom

@Drago Ryder

(Mentioning Drago cause he did post having interest still)

Guys we're the only ones left that care about this RP right now. Let's get the reboot hashed out and posted soon? I feel like we've waited MORE than enough for any of the other players to chime in and give their thoughts

Moving to EG, yes or no?.

Status of the villains?

OC heroes get their powers how? That costs money, EG Lektra ain't rich as originally intended

What's gonna be the status of the Twilight and Lektra relationship?

At this point we're basically the GMs collectively right now. Denim and I pretty much are the good side GMs and TBD the villain side. What we say goes, so let's just all discuss and agree on something we all like and wanna do, and run it ok? I don't want this to sit here please

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Status of the villains?

Need to ask @Randimaxis and @TBD about that. 

OC heroes get their powers how? That costs money, EG Lektra ain't rich as originally intended

Magic shooting from the cracked portal to Equestria or the Geodes at camp everfree. Perhaps Leks plays obsessed researcher rather than tech billionaire. 

What's gonna be the status of the Twilight and Lektra relationship?

One sided since they're both socially awkward nerds. 

Another idea on how to integrate Luster. She comes in terminator style, either to A. Protect Sci-Twi on the orders of the princess or B. Assassinate her to prevent a dystopian future caused by Midnight. 

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Magic shooting from the cracked portal to Equestria or the Geodes at camp everfree. Perhaps Leks plays obsessed researcher rather than tech billionaire. 

Hmm if we tie it too much to Equestria then that might present the problem that it's too complicated to repair after battles, since they're magical. We would need to explain how we can repair them, and where the materials to do so come from. Self repair can only go so far. Losing a chunk and regrowing or reattaching seems kinda cheap to me. Not cheap like cost, but cheap like is the robot Deadpool?

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

One sided since they're both socially awkward nerds. 

For how long? Working together then? I'm sure Twi would wanna be involved, or at least she's too much into investigating to not find out on her own. She did with the girls originally that something weird was going on. I figure she'd find out anyway

The villains is all good just not sure if @Randimaxis is still up for it. He might have mentioned he won't so I'm taking over now. We're still keeping them the same.