Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo thread

EmbodimentOfCringe

I haven't played a Nintendo game in a while, but recently I got back into Zelda. I beat both Oracle of Ages and Seasons, now I'm onto Link's Awakening.

But my favorite character has to be Yoshi, by far.

• Brohoof 1

I've been playing more Wii lately than I usually do. Stick to PS2 and PS3 most of the time but been wanting to replay some games while continuing a couple others for Wii.

Baroque, for example, is a game that I've been playing more of lately.

Even since MM the LoZ series has gone down hill. NSMB wii did give me more faith in Nintendo however, because it is the perfect fuck your friends over simulator. I hope Skyward Sword is a lot better than TP, I need something to restore what little faith I have left.

Even since MM the LoZ series has gone down hill.

I have to agree. All my friends are saying that TP is awesome, but I quit after getting the third mask piece. I just couldn't finish it, unlike the classics, like Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, etc.

I enjoyed Twilight Princess, not as much as MM or OT, but I still liked it. I really liked Wind Waker, although a lot will disagree with me. There was just something about that cell shaded game that I feel in love with. And I cannot wait for Skyward Sword, after how long it took them to make it, I sure hope it's good.

Yeah, I'll go ahead and admit that Nintendo is my favorite game company. The first party support is always great, even if the console itself is meh. Anyway, some of my favorite First Party games are Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, Starfy, Earthbound, Chibi-Robo, and Super Smash Bros.

Unfortunately, 3 of them are mostly Japanese and NOA doesn't like to localize a lot of stuff.

Also I can't get over how good Skyward Sword looks, and I'm not even a huge Zelda fan.

Seriously, it looks like it might be the best Zelda yet.

Just keep in mind that looks can be deceiving, even if it is Nintendo.

Even since MM the LoZ series has gone down hill. NSMB wii did give me more faith in Nintendo however, because it is the perfect fuck your friends over simulator. I hope Skyward Sword is a lot better than TP, I need something to restore what little faith I have left.

From what I've been hearing, SS will give the Zelda series a real shot in the arm. You're freer to explore the environment than in TP (thankfully), the air travel doesn't feel nearly as tedious as sailing did in Wind Waker, it's apparently the most difficult 3D Zelda yet (in a good way) and the story scenario is very compelling. Plus, no unnecessary items that you only use once, a problem that was way too prevalent in TP.

As for any waggle worries, don't have them. From what's been said, you won't even leave Skyloft playing like that.

I'm really glad there's fans of the artstyle here, btw. For too long, the perception of Zelda's visual aesthetic has been polarized into either a.) Cel Shaded/Toon or b.) Realistic. It and the rest of the industry has a much greater capacity for original, compelling art. Though they were drawing from Impressionism, it's a well implemented style. The way the light hits the clouds (or lack of light at times with the use of some dark blue), the moving colors (particularly in the concept art). Even how the way a sky island is obscured at a distance with dots for houses but becomes clearer when you get closer. These things make me eager to see more.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 2

Who's excited for Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7? I know I am!

Both, for dang sure. The completionist in me will surely be satisfied with all the "try if you dare" stuff. Plus, there's a freaking Link to the Past overhead level! It's kind of sad though, seeming them stomp all over Mario last year and them kick him while he's down by putting a Zelda level in his game. :P

As for MK7, it's looking better and better every time I see it. I have full faith that MK7 will do for the 3DS what DS did for its system.