Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This current generation of MLP does not have a Complete Monster

SaburoDaimando

2 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I personally don't think Tirek or Chrysalis have any redeeming qualities, and although I've heard the comics make him more complicated, Sombra also seems pretty irredemable in the show. 

I think characters with sympathetic backstories or understandable motivations allow for more complex storytelling, but you can have a clearly evil character without reducing them to "evil just because," and episodes like "The Return of Harmony" and "To Where and Back Again" thrive on how gleefully sinister their antagonists are.

You seem to want a more explicit threat of violence, though, and I just don't think that suits this incarnation of the show. The best adventure episodes revolve around these ponies working as a team to solve problems, even though they also tend to have a lot of goofy squabbling and character banter which, again, can be driven by a looming threat. Including a greater threat of violence, though, might undercut the lighthearted vibe somewhat, and I'm not sure what it adds to the show's specific appeal. 

It's possible to create a Complete Monster in a villain without resorting to violence.  As I stated, Chrysalis was the one villain that came close to being a Complete Monster with what she did to starve off her minions for her own personal gain, how far she would go to kill off a traitor like Thorax, and the way she treated Starlight Glimmer during her fight.

2 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

It's possible to create a Complete Monster in a villain without resorting to violence.  As I stated, Chrysalis was the one villain that came close to being a Complete Monster with what she did to starve off her minions for her own personal gain, how far she would go to kill off a traitor like Thorax, and the way she treated Starlight Glimmer during her fight.

But I’m not clear on what makes her worse than the likes of Tirek or Sombra, aside from that implied threat of violence.

• 3 years later...
On 2018-01-14 at 12:00 PM, Miss Kitty Cathy said:

It's a good thing there aren't any villains like these in MLP G4 (aside from Sombra). "Complete Monnsters" are a totally shit trope that is used as an excuse to not fully develop a character into anything other than just "bad." It's much better to have a villain with an actual character.

See the source imagewhat about Mean Twilight sparkle? she lack empathy and complete heartless and sadistic. is very Intelligent and cunning, Manipulative and And completely acted like a sadistic Psychopath  See the source imageSee the source imageMean Twilight sparkle was the terrifying  Villain an  embodiment of Pure evils fill with malice and hatred toward anypony who stand in her way a complete monster and also know what she doing and would try anything to achieve her goal of ruling equestria and killing off the

rest of the mean 5 for no longer being useful to her. like how she mock queen chrysalis   for her failure. 

Mean Twilight and Queen Chrysalis (Vector)Evil Twilight SparkleExcellentVisual search query imageVisual search query imageVisual search query imageVisual search query image

Mean twilight acted more like a villain than antagonist. even the tree of harmony save chrysalis from mean twilight sparkles.

an Complete Sadistic Psychopath and a complete monster

See the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source imageSee the source image Mean Twilight Might be the Show ever Complete Monster