Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need some show guidance, and will twilight return.

Unity

Just now, donttellmum said:

Is it as good as RR?

You will have to judge for yourself. I would say better than movies 1 and 3, not quite as good as RR (with some really good songs and a group song over a montage near the end) but I am sure there is room to argue :)

Speaking of RR though - have you seen these on youtube?

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, donttellmum said:

Is it as good as RR?

It is "technically" better on multiple aspects (but so was the case for Friendship Games).

About 4/5 of the "votes" on popular brony sites like this forum are splitted between Rainbow Rocks and Legend of Everfree (with opinions about what is the "best" being varied). Good songs on both.

- - - - - - 

You should check the "prequels shorts" for Rainbow Rocks (how they formed their band), the "encores" of Rainbow Rocks (there are MORE than those 3 videos liked by CiberHoof).

Also check the "BLOOPERS" and deleted scenes (DVD) for Friendship Games.

"Legend of Everfree" only has a blooper reel as "extra".

Edited by SilverComet

Honestly it's up to you. The MAJOR spoiler for the show was already revealed in the first movie. I would say that I would recommend watching the show itself just to get the full experience so to speak. Not sure if we will see Twilight return to the human world or if we will see the Dazz- . . . actually we do see them again. They make a small cameo, in the show itself just this last season finale.

Lastly, Welcome to the Herd. God, it's been years since I got to say that! ^_^

Stallion, 26

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

On 1/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, donttellmum said:

Hey, im new to MLP and im only just finishing the first season. but it was the EQG movies that got me started on the series, i have only watched up to friendship games and i was wondering if i should watch more of the show before starting more of the movies and or the EQG show. Sorry if this is confusiing but i have a few questions

1. In the friendship games ws hear that the new twilight sparkle from the EQG world will now be in canterlot, will the old twilight ever return.

2. Should i wait until i watch more of the aeries before i watch more of the movies and or the EQG show

3. Does anybody think we will be seeing more of tbe Dazzlings.

Sorry for long confusing post

Thanks everyone for responding so far, would love to hear more though, also i was wondering if anyone was comftorble saying their age and gender so i can get a feel for who else is into the show.

1-Who knows? I hope for a cameo one day at least :huh: . However, I'm pretty sure that (upcoming special spoilers):

Sunny will meet the pony Twi in the brief time she gets to Equestria. MAYBE she will cross the portal again with Sunset to help her. Dunno, I haven't read the novelization

2-Well EG and FiM have not been very attached, and them have been increasingly less so as time went in. I still advice to follow the show until the sixth season because one of the specials will have a FiM character crossing the portal, and you may want to at least know who she is. You can watch the web series with no issue however

3-There's no sign of them at all, but I don't think it's impossible for them to do so at a latter time, specially they have made a classic villain return in FiM, with at least two more on the way. I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the Dazzlings, maybe as final villains :squee: 

On 1/24/2018 at 4:41 PM, CypherHoof said:

I am not sure that is true.

Reveal hidden contents

SciTwi fills a slot in the Equestrian girls lineup (and for some reason gets wings when ponied up; go figure) but doesn't really have the same personality traits as pony Twi; Sunset fills the leadership role that pony Twi would take if there (while deferring to pony Twi via her magic book, of course) while SciTwi takes a more introverted and supporting role in the group. In essence, pony Twi's role is split between two characters, while leaving open the possibility that she COULD return and would naturally be accepted as the leader (displacing Sunset, who would be her deputy, and leaving SciTwi even more confused than usual)

I think if there IS a return episode, I would like to see the entirety of the mane group from equestria cross over, giving you both pinkies at once (could the world stand that? :D)

I like the points you make there. I only answered to the best of my abilities. :P