Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

5 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Freeway to Friendship, Highway to Hardship, Expressway to Exhaustion, Interstate to Irritation, Motorway to Misery, Turnpike to Torture; anything else...?

path, road, drive, parkway, byway, lane, track, trail, blacktop, asphalt....

11 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

path, road, drive, parkway, byway, lane, track, trail, blacktop, asphalt....

Path to pain, road to regret, lane to lethargy, trail to torment, blacktop to blackout... 

5 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Path to pain, road to regret, lane to lethargy, trail to torment, blacktop to blackout... 

Still waiting for you to try and rhyme asphalt :)

Seriously though, what has gotten you so down ? Finals not going well?

9 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Still waiting for you to try and rhyme asphalt :)

Seriously though, what has gotten you so down ? Finals not going well?

Being done with finals hasn't given me the free time to draw, but that's not the problem.

My chronic lack of feedback made me consider an ultimatum: keep sharing what I have for feedback or never share anything again. Then I got reminded of the other talents I had to abandon because I felt they had no value to them.

28 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Being done with finals hasn't given me the free time to draw, but that's not the problem.

My chronic lack of feedback made me consider an ultimatum: keep sharing what I have for feedback or never share anything again. Then I got reminded of the other talents I had to abandon because I felt they had no value to them.

You *did* get feedback - you got appreciation, which is more than many artists get - but what you didn't get was any constructive feedback (hence, my rather extended comment on your status)

I find more comfort in posting-and-running rather than staying to see what others say; I'm guess I'm scared to know the outcome of what I share, whether it be praised or left in the dust.

Perhaps it's better to revert back to how I did things between 2016 and last year: no art threads, no asking for feedback/critique, just sharing what I have when I can to a select few.

6 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I find more comfort in posting-and-running rather than staying to see what others say; I'm guess I'm scared to know the outcome of what I share, whether it be praised or left in the dust.

Perhaps it's better to revert back to how I did things between 2016 and last year: no art threads, no asking for feedback/critique, just sharing what I have when I can to a select few.

Its not like you are the only artist nervous about the reception of their art :)

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Its not like you are the only artist nervous about the reception of their art :)

And this isn't the first time I felt like I had a useless talent.

Would it have been better to have instead go for masters level computer science instead of balancing CS and game dev? I don't like abandoning something that I'm not only good at but feel like I can connect to (mentally or emotionally or both).

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

And this isn't the first time I felt like I had a useless talent.

Would it have been better to have instead go for masters level computer science instead of balancing CS and game dev? I don't like abandoning something that I'm not only good at but feel like I can connect to (mentally or emotionally or both).

Meh; Artists don't "want" to do art, they NEED to do art - its an expression of their soul, and leaves their soul a bit stunted if they are denied it.

But correspondingly, exposing an expression of the soul leaves you feeling vulnerable and nervous, so this too is normal.

Any fool can do computers (and many do)

6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Meh; Artists don't "want" to do art, they NEED to do art - its an expression of their soul, and leaves their soul a bit stunted if they are denied it.

But correspondingly, exposing an expression of the soul leaves you feeling vulnerable and nervous, so this too is normal.

Any fool can do computers (and many do)

Perhaps this is why I'm so reluctant to share anything, only doing so if it's absolutely necessary. And why I'm so scared to try anything new, because if I'm good at it, I'll never get used to the feedback.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Olly said:

I only had $20 and it costs $15 to only have $20 in your account

What?!

Also, I've been working on my Markov Text Generator trying to get it to generate higher-order word structures (basically paragraphs in a story).

No luck so far, but the Reddit revenge story snippets I'm generating are completely nonsensical:

We saw MD's car smoking and her exhaust blown right off. Keep in mind it was all black, unreal, like watching TV. Another good question would be about the beginning of it. Her exams were incredibly hard, and with the classes being full of complaints from his freezing cold tenants. He told me I was no reaction in the mixture (turns out the Zinc granules were impure and rusted). But MD somehow got the whole thing from start to end, lasted only about 5 minutes.

The town where this happened is a small voice recorder so I could get proof

This is exactly when the incident took place. We live in Indiana so we get some hot coco.

Perhaps a different subreddit...

8 hours ago, Olly said:

I only had $20 and it costs $15 to only have $20 in your account

US banks are notoriously grubby - in the UK, they don't charge (by law!) for the first £5 overdraft if you don't have an agreed overdraft (they do if you do though) and don't charge just for having an account at all. If you go more than £5 over though, they charge you a "unauthorized overdraft fee" daily until you pay them back - £10/day plus the fee you would pay for the overdraft if it were authorized.

Seen accounts here where they charge you a monthly fee if you don't have at least £1000 in the account at some point during the month (so, pay in your paycheque, basically)

8 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

US banks are notoriously grubby - in the UK, they don't charge (by law!) for the first £5 overdraft if you don't have an agreed overdraft (they do if you do though) and don't charge just for having an account at all. If you go more than £5 over though, they charge you a "unauthorized overdraft fee" daily until you pay them back - £10/day plus the fee you would pay for the overdraft if it were authorized.

Seen accounts here where they charge you a monthly fee if you don't have at least £1000 in the account at some point during the month (so, pay in your paycheque, basically)

I'd love to live in the UK just for the novelty of it.