Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

43 minutes ago, Unimportant Pony said:

:(  Very sad indeed.  Glad you stuck around, though.

No real crisis in my life to force me to do otherwise, I guess.

Or maybe someplace I can go when I don't want to face the rest of my life. who can say ? :)

0_x

Nearly 550 functional lines of code and another 500 lines that are just comments or whitespace...

All that for a drop of blood for a simulation of a city's residential area, just the residential area... Can I go to bed now?

57 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

0_x

Nearly 550 functional lines of code and another 500 lines that are just comments or whitespace...

All that for a drop of blood for a simulation of a city's residential area, just the residential area... Can I go to bed now?

No, you haven't simulated the utilties yet...

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Ok so apparently there is a "Princess Twibug" releasing PMVs on youtube ? :)

"Princess Twibug" could mean anything to me at this point, even Twi as a bug.

Meanwhile, my Poisson model broke and now I need a slightly different one.

19 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

"Princess Twibug" could mean anything to me at this point, even Twi as a bug.

Meanwhile, my Poisson model broke and now I need a slightly different one.

Sounds fishy :)

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Sounds fishy :)

I just simplified a really janky block of code by abstracting away the calculations into a series of helper functions. There are a lot of functions needed for statistics, combinatorics, and linear algebra...

8 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I just simplified a really janky block of code by abstracting away the calculations into a series of helper functions. There are a lot of functions needed for statistics, combinatorics, and linear algebra...

That can backfire sometimes - like overnormalizing a database - but so long as you feel you are improving your code, it's all progress :)

12 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

That can backfire sometimes - like overnormalizing a database - but so long as you feel you are improving your code, it's all progress :)

It feels a lot cleaner now, but if I start using matrix multiplication, I'm gonna need to find a linear algebra library. (There's Math.NET Numerics and others to choose from...)

The computations started to become a lot easier to comprehend once I translated them back into linear algebra, though.

There's also the documentation I left behind for myself, some of which have doodles of Gally-birb on them.

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

It feels a lot cleaner now, but if I start using matrix multiplication, I'm gonna need to find a linear algebra library. (There's Math.NET Numerics and others to choose from...)

The computations started to become a lot easier to comprehend once I translated them back into linear algebra, though.

There's also the documentation I left behind for myself, some of which have doodles of Gally-birb on them.

Makes sense. A lot of horrible looking code comes from trying to do in an array what a decent matrix math library would do as an object.

7 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Makes sense. A lot of horrible looking code comes from trying to do in an array what a decent matrix math library would do as an object.

I keep calling arrays vectors, so there's that.

I also found another bug. (What if Ocellus and friends were being taught programming and they encounter a computer bug?)

9 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I keep calling arrays vectors, so there's that.

I also found another bug. (What if Ocellus and friends were being taught programming and they encounter a computer bug?)

Could always draw a computer bug; tron style :)

45 minutes ago, Olly said:

WELCOME

maxresdefault.jpg

TO 𝕾𝖎𝖗𝖊'𝖘 𝕳𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜

I thought that was "Get the F off my lawn" at first.

Is it wrong to be working on a simulator for the past two weeks?

Just now, Olly said:

Oh.

Now I'm even more disappointed in myself :mlp_confused:

Just now, Olly said:

Oh.

Now I'm even more disappointed in myself :mlp_confused:

• Brohoof 2