Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Them's Fightin' Herds

Adachi

(edited)

Who has played this so far? It has 6 characters for now, and all characters are ungulates (basically deer, ponies, cows, etc). For those who don't know, it is based off another game they were working on called MLP: Fighting Is Magic. They had to cancel the project so Hasbro wouldn't sue them, but Lauren Faust saved the day by providing a world, lore, characters, etc so they could make an original game. So if characters resemble certain ponies, that is why.

Right now the game isn't complete, but it has single player, local multiplayer, and a lobby where players can unlock costume pieces for their avatars, and also challenge other players. It will eventually have story mode, and a bunch of other shiny stuff. There is also a dynamic music system, the stage's theme changes depending on who is winning. My favourite characters so far are Paprika and Pom.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

If the store link isn't ok, I will remove it.

Edited by Adachi

Gonna be honest, as soon as MLP was removed from the equation, I lost all interest in this. Fighting Is Magic would've been great.

Oh well, at least it's good to see the team behind it succeeding.

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6 have proven they don't know how to release games. They promised the game would RELEASE about a week or so ago, and then when the game came out... Early Access. Early Access is not released. Also tons of animations are missing and with placeholders. The game is no where near finished, what a disaster of a "release" glad it's rightfully not selling that well.

31 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Mane 6 have proven they don't know how to release games. They promised the game would RELEASE about a week or so ago, and then when the game came out... Early Access. Early Access is not released. Also tons of animations are missing and with placeholders. The game is no where near finished, what a disaster of a "release" glad it's rightfully not selling that well.

Yeah, I noticed some undone animations, although most/all of the ones I saw were taken care of in the first update. There's a reason why they did it this way though, AFAIK, they lost some key animators, so they are trying to get new animators to help finish the animations that are left to do. Other than this, I haven't noticed any other problems, netcode seems to work fine, although there are some slight balance issues I think.

6 minutes ago, Adachi said:

Yeah, I noticed some undone animations, although most/all of the ones I saw were taken care of in the first update. There's a reason why they did it this way though, AFAIK, they lost some key animators, so they are trying to get new animators to help finish the animations that are left to do. Other than this, I haven't noticed any other problems, netcode seems to work fine, although there are some slight balance issues I think.

The other issue I see is they basically didn't advertise the game at all.

I am hoping for a release on consoles but it sounds like that might not happen due to poor sales so far and some unfortunate issues according to some.