Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which fanfics would make a grea animated adaptation?

Plonkett

If there were some fanfics that you wanted to see become animated (and I'm not just talking about being animated with the Flash puppets that everyone uses, but purely hand drawn, frame by frame), what would they be?

Ones I'd like to see become animated would be MLDC Next Generation: Know Fear! (a Green Lantern crossover with Kilala's characters about griffons invading Equestria) and Black Feather (about adult Nyx in a proto-Fallout Equestria setting).

Honestly, when it comes to actual emotional weight it's hard to bet against "Past Sins," though a personal favorite I would love to see animated it "It's dangerous business, going out your door..."

Good lord, so many actual good options...

• Brohoof 2

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, donttellmum said:

clopping            .

Couldn't resist could you :lol:

I just realized it's been forever since I've read a book, let alone a fanfic, or even anything audio. By default I want to say Fallout Equestria, but that's sort of a work in progress isn't it? Overmare Studios or something like that using SFM.

Rune Soldier Dan's Principle Celestia Hunts the Undead could work, and a good visual designer could make Horse Voice's The Writing on the Wall incredibly creepy.

Georg's Trixie and Her Amazing Pet Changeling would be another good choice.

Turning written work into visual work is always tricky, and you need  the right sort of story that can be conveyed without real access to the characters internal monologue (for example, vdrake77's The Changeling of the Guard would probably terrible animated since so much of the humor is Idol's thought processes).

It’s been done with My Little Dashie, but StormXF3 admitted that it took him a lot of effort and multiple collaborations with other bronies (VA, animation, filming) to produce it. While it has been a smash hit it’s unlikely anything like it could be made again. 

Too often in this fandom awesome projects are started and then canceled down the road. Personally I am guilty of this behavior 😔

If you want a quality animation of a fanfic, you need a well-oiled and seriously committed team. Look at Hasbro - big team, experts with PhDs, consistent work schedules and stuff. look at us! We’re just a bunch of ppl on the Internet trying to fit into each others time slots to produce content around the same idea.

It’s a hard life.

Well, a comparatively minimalistic adventure of Last of the Dragonlords would make a great animated adaptation. I could make a good NES or SNES RPG adventure even :squee: 

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6004/last-of-the-dragonlords

Since this one is already based on an animation, I've figured it would fit

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/59880/schemering-sintel