Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people post in the wrong category?

The Grobien

I think many who post get lost, or are not noticing there are different categories for different things. :twi: But that's why we have moderators here, to keep it in order. 

• Brohoof 1

Usually new members are the ones, who post their threads in wrong places, so I believe they just didn't get used to that kind of stuff yet. Some new users actually express their confusion in their introduction posts. A wall of categories indeed may be confusing at first. In addition to that, younger users may find it harder to follow the guidelines regarding how the forums are organized - harder to identify which section is which. Or maybe, restrictions for new accounts prevents them from posting something where they want, so it most of the time ends up in the Welcoming Plaza, the basic section they have access to from the very beginning, located at the top, easy to find. Or they just can't English well. :derp: 

Even for users, who are oriented there relatively well, it's sometimes kind of hard to judge where the thread should go, so rarely, but it happens even for them.

But if somebody constantly posts something obvious in wrong places, then it has to be some sorcery. :icwudt: Well, perhaps some users have difficulties with finding themselves in forum/online environment or their mental health makes it way harder to focus. Sadly, some have to struggle with that kind of things, which makes me sad...

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked