Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Why are people proud of seemingly everything?

Keiyara

Because I am a hormonal teenager who is so paranoid about everyone hating him that he has no self-esteem due to the fact that he never accomplished anything in his life and never will so he holds on to the smallest of things that make him feel good about himself in the slightest bit otherwise he would live in self-loathing 24/7.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

I agree with the OP if you did not achieve it with your hard work it isn't something you should feel proud of. You shouldn't be proud of absolutely everything it makes no sense, though you can take pride in being American but that's being patriotic rather then actual pride as you didn't achieve it did you.

This everyone is special nonsense is just that nonsense reality is a lot of people could simply disappear and nobody would actually realize because we are so insignificant we are seven billion soon eight billion people on this planet. Yet no me, me and me this individualistic thinking I feel is narcissistic and wrong. We should not think of ourselves with such pride to think of one so important when you should be seeing the bigger picture want to be proud of something contribute something. No being born isn't an achievement, know how many were born just this hour. Or what sexuality did you actually fight for those rights no then do something about the rights of LGBT in the middle east who desperately need our support. 

I am of the belief that unless you achieved you don't get to take pride in it without at least appearing to me as hedonistic and arrogant I have no delusion of my insignificance to the world unless I contribute and achieve something. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

There's nothing wrong with having a sense of pride on an internal level. Sometimes people shove their interests on others so as to prop themselves up if they're insecure, but if they're truly proud of something they should enjoy it with quiet dignity and share it when it's appropriate rather than annoying others with it. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think everyone is proud of everything, and why it might seem that way I'm not entirely sure. I don't mind it though as long as it's not harmful or anything. I think it's good to be proud of some things, like celebrating an accomplishment or something.

I don’t usually go about bragging what I did or accomplished.. unless a person who comes out all uppity at me then i would remind them that they can’t treat me like shit after what I have done for them. I know that sounds like a bit of a gaslighting- but I don’t appreciate my work going unnoticed and being treated like shit at the same time. 

I don’t care for a compliment or praises- to me, words is cheap. I appreciate a person more if they would go the extra miles for me just like how I’d for them. 

I have a high self esteem and know my worth. If people don't like it, I don't care. Am I proud of practically everything? Yes. The only thing I'm not proud of is my mistakes. I lived that highly insecure life for years and I can tell you I'm much happier now that I threw that old me in the trash where she belongs.