Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Everfree Forest not being mentioned by name, lately

heavens-champion

Yeah, even Fluttershy walks in there without blinking now. My guess is they just had to get used to how different it is.

Edited by Kadeda

Not much reason to since the danger has largely been muted; I suppose. Outside of the Tree of Harmony, castle ruins, and Zecora's hut there isn't much reason to visit. Granted the predicament of the student 6 almost got them killed, but even then that's one of the few instances since...season 2, I think?

Of course though, on a deeper level, it does speak to the development of the Mane 6 & Spike to be able to traverse the forest whereas prior to season 1 they wouldn't even think of venturing in.

After the elements of harmony were returned to the tree, the forest wasn’t really talked about anymore. If you want to get really dark, think about the trees being ponies that caught swamp fever and weren’t cured in time.

1 minute ago, Rarity the Supreme said:

They have very little reason to go back there anymore, and, let's be honest, the Everfree Forest is an absolute cakewalk compared to 90% of the other obstacles that they've encountered on their adventures.:grin:

Not so much a cakewalk if you aren't Mane 6/CMC though.

Spoiler

S8 sees a group in SERIOUS trouble and needing rescue from over-aggressive fauna after an ill-advised visit to the castle of the two sisters....

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Not so much a cakewalk if you aren't Mane 6/CMC though.

Hide contents

S8 sees a group in SERIOUS trouble and needing rescue from over-aggressive fauna after an ill-advised visit to the castle of the two sisters....

The danger wasn't THAT serious, and besides, since the vast majority of episodes don't focus on anyone else other than that select group of ponies, mentioning the forest by name isn't really relevant.

8 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

So people are saying the reason they stopped calling it the Everfree Forest is because they've gone there enough times to not be called the Everfree Forest?

I think it isn't as rare and dangerous as it first was for the ponies.

This is the mane six who have beaten far worse adversaries than those found in the Everfree Forest, and who regularly go into the forest to visit Zecora.  I haven't noticed a decrease in it being mentioned in the show though.  Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.  Also, the Ponyville Mysteries books mention it by name all the time and I've been reading those lately.

It's probably because the forest was long associated with Nightmare Moon and other dark/creepy things in general, but since the defeat of Nightmare Moon, the characters have developed their personalities and matured over the past few seasons, leading to the forest in general loosing it's original vibe, plus the more often you go someplace, the less unusual or different it becomes, including creepy-dark places.