Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many nations are there!?

Karnak

Considering that Equestria is a continent (and a country) that only makes up a small portion of their planets entire surface, I would say that the world Equestria is in is very big, and much of it still being unexplored despite Equestria existing for several thousand years at this point

• Brohoof 1

from what i heard it is about the size of France, so assuming this is true (it could very well be the size of Spain or America or something of the sort) and if the world is the size of our own (i assume this due to the birds being able to fly normally as they do here, if anything it could be smaller, perhaps Venus or Mars sized, as horses can get airborn) and that the land to water ratio is also equal and that every species has a country (im including as many other mythical creatures as i can find) i'd say roughly 450

• 1 month later...

I'll admit, the 'extra nations' was one of the things I was a little... well, I dunno.  Personally, I dislike it a bit as it just... I feel like it messes with some of the lore bits that was established so *shrug*  So I think it's more a 'bugs me' but I can live with it.

I mean, Yeah I get that equistria is just a single kingdom/content but well... Ok, just the way the FIM series seemed to be saying that the main population on the planet were Ponies and pony equivalent (Zebras, Donkey's, Mules, etc).  You also had a few mythical creatures and other 'farm animals (cows)' that have sentience or what not but it still was Ponies being the main ones.

Even in I believe Season 4 ep 1 (or one of them) the 3 princess' met with deligates from other kingdoms.. and they were ponies.  But then in the movie, seriously it was like these Ponies were primarly only in Equestria and outside of it they were kind of small and insignificant... maybe even a collector's item.. (seriously the mane 6 was about to be sold...)  And they acted like they were like super rare outside of Equestria…

Which just ugh... Seriously, the Princesses of Equestria control the night and day, so why are they so 'rare' outside of it?  So yeah it just bugs me :/

• 1 month later...

Could be a directional thing. You go <> or ^ and you hit pony or pony related countries but go far enough (I don't seem to have an arrow for down on my keyboard) and you hit Kludgetown. They know about the ponies north and the fishmen further south but they're still rare here.