Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Spike's real name

Dragulia

Not a big deal or concern but I kinda wonder what his real parents would have named him. Personally, I get the vibe his name would have been "Slag".

Guess we'll find out later this season.

I wouldn't think "Slag" would be a good word for his name considering in some places that term basically means a girl who is very "easy".

"Guess we'll find out later this season."

Is that confirmed? :o I would have said that Spike is his actual name because Twilight is basically his parent and named him that. But if it's confirmed that we will get to see Spike's actual family in this season...

My vote goes to Sue.

19 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I wouldn't think "Slag" would be a good word for his name considering in some places that term basically means a girl who is very "easy".

Also, in current Transformers lore, another Hasbro property, Slag is basically a curse word.

• Brohoof 2

If we did get his real name or get to see the rest of his family, then it would be most likely next season since we already got to see him get wings :twi: 

Twilight hatched him from an egg. His name actually is Spike, because Twilight named him. How the school got the egg needs explaining though. If it was done equanely, (humanely?) the egg was taken from an abandoned nest. Perhaps Spike's biological mother passed away long before he hatched.  

• Brohoof 3

What is Spikes real name? Drum roll please..........................

It's Spike!

Yeah, I think his name is just Spike, considering that he was taken from his parents before he was even hatched, I doubt that Spike's real parents even had a name picked out for him yet :grin: 

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

It's Spike!

Yeah, I think his name is just Spike, considering that he was taken from his parents before he was even hatched, I doubt that Spike's real parents even had a name picked out for him yet :grin: 

Well your opinion does not matter. You really think they stole his egg!? WOW! That says a lot about you.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Sora perse said:

Well your opinion does not matter. You really think they stole his egg!? WOW! That says a lot about you.

Uh, I never said they stole his egg? :confused: And this thread isn't about whether or not his egg was stolen, it's about what his real name is, so your kinda off topic there. And who says that your opinion matters? It's an opinion, none of them really matter. :maud:

On 6/6/2018 at 12:44 AM, King of Canterlot said:

It's Spike!

On 6/6/2018 at 2:46 AM, Sora perse said:

King of Canterlot stated a fact. The egg was taken from it's parents before it hatched. This is shown in an actual episode. We see it wheeled in, and see Twilight cause it to hatch. It was never stated in series if the egg was stolen, or as is my opinion, recovered from an abandoned nest,

• Brohoof 1

The OP posed a hypothetical as to what Spike's name would have been had he not been separated from his parents. We don't know if dragons name their eggs (would be interesting if they did, though) so any name he'd have would likely be after he hatched.

So what the OP is really asking is what effect an alternate timeline would have on Spike's name. What is the answer?

None. He would still be Spike. He will always be Spike.

The reason is there are meta forces at work here that go beyond circumstances in the show. The dragon who has always lived with ponies in previous generations has always been named Spike. When G5 rolls out and if there is a dragon living with ponies, he too will be named Spike - even if he isn't anything like G4 Spike.

In closing, if G4 had a completely different timeline and Spike was raised by dragon parents and was (let's say) an exchange student staying with Twilight, his parents would have still named him Spike because Hasbro says so.