Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is the Switch another Wii U?

CastletonSnob

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

No third party support, and long software droughts. Looks like another Wii U to me.

>No third party

c31.png

• Brohoof 10

50 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

No third party support, and long software droughts. Looks like another Wii U to me.

They

literally announced Fortnite, Dragon Ball FigherZ, Hollow Knight, Overcooked 2 and showcased Wolfenstein II, Crash N. Sane Trilogy and Octopath Traveler during the direct. Did you pay any attention?

• Brohoof 7

47 minutes ago, BloodDrops said:

spyro coming out on it

so im getting one

Actually Spyro has NOT been confirmed to be coming out for the Switch. It is an oddity, but it is what it is.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Envy said:

Actually Spyro has NOT been confirmed to be coming out for the Switch. It is an oddity, but it is what it is.

Honestly wonder why that’s the case considering it’s not on PC either, while Crash is coming to both 

16 minutes ago, Envy said:

on the Nintendo site, it put up spyro with its release date, then took it down since it was going to be released before official announcement 

look at the site a few weeks before spyro, it be up there again ^^

1 minute ago, Whomps said:

Honestly wonder why that’s the case considering it’s not on PC either, while Crash is coming to both 

it will be, just wait

Just now, BloodDrops said:

on the Nintendo site, it put up spyro with its release date, then took it down since it was going to be released before official announcement 

look at the site a few weeks before spyro, it be up there again ^^

it will be, just wait

I remember that happening as well, but absolutely nothing has come of it since and it has been months. I'd be skeptical.

3 minutes ago, Envy said:

I remember that happening as well, but absolutely nothing has come of it since and it has been months. I'd be skeptical.

It may be like Crash, which was a timed exclusive.

Either way the Switch is so obviously not like the Wii U, so this entire thread is just baseless. The Switch is getting support it previously never would have, it's safe to say it's doing fine.

1 hour ago, Envy said:

ok i bet you a spyro game it gets released onto switch :P

9 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

You are kinda mistaken there bro, as there have been a healthy amount of third party games last year, and many more has been announced this direct. Sure, most of them are from a bit of times part, but at least it ain't a bunch of junkware like the WII had :dash:. Also, so far, their first party games are the shit from my experience

• Brohoof 2

Uhh, you've got to be trolling. The Switch has been doing far better than the Wii U did in its lifetime and we've got plenty of games to play on the system, and it looked like there were plenty of third party games announced for the system at E3 this year. Fortnite, Paladins, Octopath Traveler, Wolfenstien II, etc... Sure, there might not be nearly as much as on the PS4 or XBOX ONE, but the Switch did come out pretty late and I remember developers were pretty skeptical of the system before launch. Its also been selling really well and I'm confident the third party games will come. 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Both the the Switch and Wii U had fairly substantial 3rd party support within their first few years.

I agree the Switch isn't getting any of the "big" games. I see no Witcher 3 going to the Switch, nor do I see Monster Hunter World, Kingdom Hearts 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Far Cry 5, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Metro Exodus, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Origins, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, etc.

Why isn't the Switch getting all of those high profile releases? Because the hardware isn't capable of playing those games unless they are on settings lower than the lowest pc settings available. So, in other words, power is essential to getting proper "full" 3rd party support.

The Switch will most likely continue to do well even with their lack of some high profile titles. Why? Because the Switch is the "stylish new thing" to buy. Just like the Wii was 10 years ago. Style over substance is pretty much Nintendo's new mantra. That and "Gimmicks, gimmicks everywhere~"

Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing some awesome new Switch exclusive titles at 4k 60fps once a proper emulator comes out. So, I suppose I cannot complain too much lol (^-^)/) Can't wait for the 1100 series either \(^o^)/

21 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

ok i bet you a spyro game it gets released onto switch :P

More than likely, Crash was a timed exclusive and Spyro would be right at home with his cousin Crash.

17 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

You are kinda mistaken there bro, as there have been a healthy amount of third party games last year, and many more has been announced this direct. Sure, most of them are from a bit of times part, but at least it ain't a bunch of junkware like the WII had :dash:. Also, so far, their first party games are the shit from my experience

Yeah and the next few months are going to have lots of good software released for all platforms. For the Switch in the next few months you will have:

• Octopath Traveler
  • Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Evee
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Fortnite
  • Dark Souls Remastered

I mean there is enough AAA publisher titles there to keep you busy while you wait for more games.

4 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

More than likely, Crash was a timed exclusive and Spyro would be right at home with his cousin Crash.

Yeah and the next few months are going to have lots of good software released for all platforms. For the Switch in the next few months you will have:

• Octopath Traveler
  • Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Evee
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Fortnite
  • Dark Souls Remastered

I mean there is enough AAA publisher titles there to keep you busy while you wait for more games.

Not to mention, their own first party games are some real shit. Just compare the WII games, THEIR OWN: it was a bold move for their part the motion control, but they've made games around the gimmick, not the other way. They've wanted to stand out with the gimmick, by sacrificing their creativity and soul for the games. But word by mouth praising Breath of  the Wild, and Odyssey, led me to get a Switch. And I'm happy to report that the old Nintendo that I love and grew with seems to be coming back :yay:

(edited)

No third party support? There's been plenty of third party support. The Switch already defied Michael Pachter's predictions of it being a bad console.

Edited by Little Baby Dashie

I think the Switch is a better version of the Wii U. It's going to have more third party support than the Wii U, but not quite on the level of Xbox and PlayStation. But Nintendo's first party games on the Switch will probably blow Microsoft and Sony's first party games away.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, -Nobody- said:

I think the Switch is a better version of the Wii U. It's going to have more third party support than the Wii U, but not quite on the level of Xbox and PlayStation. But Nintendo's first party games on the Switch will probably blow Microsoft and Sony's first party games away.

Can't talk about Microsoft, as I don't own their consoles, but I think Zero Dawn and The Last of Us 2 are the only only exclusives that I think can give Nintendo's a run for their money

• Brohoof 1

I was massively disappointed with the Wii U but Nintendo rly looked like they learned from their mistakes and the Switch is looking promising. I want one just for the LoZ game and Splatoon 2

• 2 years later...