Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gloriosa Daisy, Dazzlings, Juniper Montage, Wallflower Blush- One-time Characters?

heavens-champion

It's really hard to say. Most if not all of these were probably originally conceptualized as one-offs, but most of the time, it's not really too late to return certain characters, especially when you only have so much material released each year. The Shadowbolts made a return, after all.

Personally, I think the majority of the characters you listed could benefit from a return appearance.

*The Dazzlings are kind of begging for another appearance when you consider all that's happened. They are left without their source of magical power, but all the while magic is leaking left and right around them. While I'm not creative enough to imagine the possibilities myself, there's definitely potential for a great story involving them gaining new magic to target Sunset for revenge. They could give more character to Aria and Sonata, or even have the latter see the error of her ways. There's simply a lot that can be done here.

*Gloriosa is the one that I don't really see a need for a return, mostly because she was entirely associated with the camp setting and not the Humane 7. I wouldn't mind seeing her come back, probably alongside Timber, but it's hard to see her really carry a story on her own.

*Juniper Montage I feel gets kind of a bum rap. Her motivations were quite simple, and it felt like more of a textbook example of the formula than the others, but I think the parts where she's being nicer toward the girls show some potential for a worthwhile side role. Two ideas that come to mind are to develop her potential friendship with Starlight Glimmer (I like the idea of SG having her own human friend), or have her realize how friendship can benefit your career goals. It can work, and I believe it should be tried.

*Wallflower Blush, being the most recent, is the hardest to find a good spot for. Much like Juniper, I can see and be all for her directly following up on her initial character arc by improving herself with Sunset's help, or even gain her own group of friends with other established characters.

• Brohoof 2

Of all of them you listed, the Dazzlings are perhaps the ones that most Equestria Girls fans would like to see make a return the most. Technically, they've already done this through the show--though this was them back in the ancient past--yet there's enough about them that we know which can be used to provide them with a reason for coming back.

• 1 month later...

First of all, Juniper Montage was a two-time villian.

As for Wallflower Blush, I suspect all we will see of her again are a cameo or two in the background.

Will any of these characters return? I doubt it, honestly. I have not seen any Equestria Girls merchandise, but I know it exists. By reintroducing a villain in such a small series (compared to MLP), it would not make sense financially.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2018 at 4:35 AM, SageofSong said:

First of all, Juniper Montage was a two-time villian.

As for Wallflower Blush, I suspect all we will see of her again are a cameo or two in the background.

Will any of these characters return? I doubt it, honestly. I have not seen any Equestria Girls merchandise, but I know it exists. By reintroducing a villain in such a small series (compared to MLP), it would not make sense financially.

What does financing have to do with them returning?

9 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

What does financing have to do with them returning?

This is one of those times where you (meaning I) read back at one of my own comments, and I disagree with it. Forget it. :lie: