Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

My grandparents were super racist. I spent a lot of time around them, so I guess I thought it was okay. Until I was about 13 or 14 I thought that it made me cool to act like that. The only time I was on the receiving end was when some group of Mexican American boys at my elementary refused to let me play basketball because I was more white than Hispanic.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:04 PM, King of Canterlot said:

Racist encounters........ I don't believe I've ever had any, but I think there was maybe one incident I can think of where my family and our neighbors may have been racists.......

I used to live in a far-flung suburb of Chicago, the town itself was still surrounded by lots of farms but it was growing. My family lived in a middle-income neighborhood that at that time was fairly new. At the time I lived there there was only one black family living in the entire neighborhood. Everyone else living there was white. My family knew a lot of our neighbors, it was a close-knit neighborhood. But there was one night I remember, it was a summer night that this incident happened. It was around ten or so at night, completely dark outside, and our doorbell rang. I answered the door with my mom and it was a black kid holding a big box of chocolates wanting to know if we wanted to buy any. This black kid was not a part of the single black family that lived in the neighborhood, so we knew right away that he wasn't from around there. We told him "No" and he went on his way to the next house. My mom called up our neighbors and asked if they had gotten that kid on their doorstep as well. They said yes, and at that she phoned the police and told them that a strange kid late at night was selling door-to-door in our neighborhood, and she wanted a cop car to drive through and make sure everything was OK. She and our neighbors figured that kid was checking out which houses were empty so he could break into them. I don't know if that was true, as I never found out what happened, I went to bed and never really thought of it again until now. 

So I don't if we were truly racists or not that night, as if the kid had been white or something, I'm not sure we would have called the cops on him. So I don't know, I guess take it as you view it. :mlp_wat:

I am reading the story ... everybody in the town worried that the child would see which home has and does not have people.... and I...  worried reading and thinking '' what does a child do only in the night? Do not know that there can be criminals outside? Where will sleep? something could happen to him! Where are his parents? Is he orphan? And what if his parents sent him to sell chocolates so he could eat something more decent afterwards? "

more than racist I think a very sad story ... in my country many children ask for food for the economic situation of the country, there are even very poor areas where people (like my mother many years ago) were sent by their own mothers to sell food and/or objects, bring money to the house and eat something ... now imagine a couple of girls ... alone ... in highly dangerous neighborhoods ... with men of dubious intentions. Thank God, nothing happened to them ... but I get angry because of these situations ... I really do not like to see children in those situations, they have to be protected.:adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

the purpose of the post was to publish some lived experience or that you have seen, not discuss ... :adorkable:

those concepts of 'real racism', 'modern racism' ... in the end racism is that .... racism that, as we know, that word means 'exclude a person' ... for really stupid reasons I must say. many take it only for the skin tone (which is the concept that puts in the dictionaries) but for me is racist a person who excludes another because of skin color, for their tastes, for their status, for their religion, others ...

we are human beings, we all breathe the same air, we all had diarrhea at some point in our lives... we do the same things and, at least for me, we are exactly the same and at the same time different ... I think our differences should unite us more, as well as friends! I have friends of all types ... black, white, Asian, Hispanic, middle east (my former boss is from that area) some I know in person, others online, all with different tastes ... some appreciate more art, others science, some sports ... and we get along well! I know that maybe I sound like a movie of those type optimists '' everything is fine '' may sound even utopian ... but if we are so equal and different at the same time, why should there be racism and hatred?

Is it because of past events? Well ... that's already happened, it's a new era with new thoughts ... being a racist in the 21st century is like if hate Spain because they colonized hipanoamerica by the 1400's ... that is, that happened .. but ... does it matter now? those affected at that time unfortunately died and there is nothing that can be done to remedy the hardships that happened ... but we can write a new future where we do not make the same mistakes as our ancestors. Maybe I'm wrong or a little ignorant about the subject ... but I think people get so complicated because things can be solved if they just try, something that costs nothing... 

Well ... it's just a message trying to be optimistic, and I hope it has been understood in the right way ... because of my little experience in English some people can misinterpret my words, I hope they have understood in the best possible way.

• Brohoof 1

I think racism is down right stupid. I think that everyone is a human being is created but some are different colors sizes and backgrounds. Kind of like all the different ponies their all different colors and types but they all live in harmony and don't judge each other based on how they look.

On 7/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, Aquaflame said:

I think condemning people for being racists over bogus oversensitive reasons,  is really really counter intuitive, and you said you believe it needed addressed, Threatening supremacists need addressed, casual racism, is just a heart beat in a democratic society

Ok, I have no idea what exactly you're trying to say. 

I mean, I never said that we should condemn people for being racists "over bogus oversensitive reasons" so I don't really see how that's relevant to my point. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk78UEJnH4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqQXmnMr_w8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC-Cqkq6zWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Yqv8mnywU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaybrpQ2vxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QWDkUVEFDA

Just not the type of behavior you experience from the pseudo intellectual, and sarcastic alt right... when facts are on your side it's less gruesome, but I know this ISNT an ALL BLACK PEOPLE thing... but it's just the hatred ingrained in an ideology that commonly condones hatred of white people, or the misguided view that "white people"(specifically white men") are oppressors, and not in economic shambles 

WARNING, (SOME VERY EXPLICIT RACISM)vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9qbJ5oojXg

Edited by Aquaflame

(edited)

I dare say that as much people of any race are subject to flaws. Mentality is still a thing. Some racial ethno-social flaws are more severe than others. Races have all the reasons to hate each other.

The point is, we are to take people as who they are, what skills and personal traits they posess, not what skin color they have or which country they're from. One shouldn't employ black people because of diversity, but because they do their job better than white people. It goes something like this - test the worker, if he/she performs well, employ. If not, don't. Simple as that.

The final form of racism is misantropy, an equal hatred towards people of all races.

Edited by Purple Flu

Just now, Purple Flu said:

I dare say that as much people of any race are subject to flaws. Mentality is still a thing. Some racial flaws are more severe than others. Races have all the reasons to hate each other.

The point is, we are to take people as who they are, what skills and personal traits they posess, not what skin color they have or which country they're from. One shouldn't employ black people because of diversity, but because they do their job better than white people. It goes something like this - test the worker, if he/she performs well, employ. If not, don't. Simple as that.

The final form of racism is misantropy, an equal hatred towards people of all races.

So leave those without anything to offer but standardized/organized labor, to fester because they don't know skill labor and don't have the desire to learn? adapt or die? this actually widely applies to low educated, low income black communities as well, hell we have individuals that take jobs that both poor whites and blacks could have but can't because someone has out "capitalized" them... (it means that a lot of people are willingly to live sub human to survive, and hats off to them, but our infastructure, needs labor ready positions, and a remedial but self fulfilled lifestyle, and not everyone is entitled to that right because of this mentalitiy.) Some Work places operate entirely on scandalous discriminatory rule, but hide it...  

4 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

So leave those without anything to offer but standardized/organized labor, to fester because they don't know skill labor and don't have the desire to learn? adapt or die? this actually widely applies to low educated, low income black communities as well, hell we have individuals that take jobs that both poor whites and blacks could have but can't because someone has out "capitalized" them... (it means that a lot of people are willingly to live sub human to survive, and hats off to them, but our infastructure, needs labor ready positions, and a remedial but self fulfilled lifestyle, and not everyone is entitled to that right because of this mentalitiy.) Some Work places operate entirely on scandalous discriminatory rule, but hide it...  

with respect to low-income people ... is not the government supposed to have 'public' schools, colleges, high schools and universities? At least in my country the best education comes from the gratuitous universities, the payments are in case you want an 'easy' title. What about the scholarships? I understand that if you study a lot you can be a local scholarship and it is a great help to improve your lifestyle, what happens with that help? :huh:

18 minutes ago, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

with respect to low-income people ... is not the government supposed to have 'public' schools, colleges, high schools and universities? At least in my country the best education comes from the gratuitous universities, the payments are in case you want an 'easy' title. What about the scholarships? I understand that if you study a lot you can be a local scholarship and it is a great help to improve your lifestyle, what happens with that help? :huh:

In America, not all qualify for assistance, and some of the assistance that qualifiers get, they would have no way to support their objective needs while attending school.. In my case, I do qualify, but part time jobs are not in abundance, and I guess your biggest argument could be, "man up" work full time, and attend classes, and in America, that is the reality for some if they want to achieve their dream, or if they want to aspire for ambitions above their complacency.

51 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

In America, not all qualify for assistance, and some of the assistance that qualifiers get, they would have no way to support their objective needs while attending school.. In my case, I do qualify, but part time jobs are not in abundance, and I guess your biggest argument could be, "man up" work full time, and attend classes, and in America, that is the reality for some if they want to achieve their dream, or if they want to aspire for ambitions above their complacency.

I guess the United States is not 'country of opportunities' as painted by the Hispanic countries :blink:

Racism is something that will always exist, and there's no way to get rid of the idea some people have that there should be a double standard between races. There's very little point in discussing it as a general thing, really, considering that fact.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

Yes. Adapt or die. That's how things work.

Don't know skill labour? Learn. Don't want to learn? Stay in the dirt. Repeat.

If you've of no use in a facility, you don't belong in a facility.

Also, low education and income white communities, a.k.a. "rednecks". Why do everyone keep forgetting?

I never said that workplaces operate without discrimination, or anything else related to real-world. I've presented my opinion for the most fruitful and productive form of labour organisation in a context of racism.

Edited by Purple Flu

(edited)

I was at Walmart and a plastic bag flew out of a car and I thought it was a Klansman coming out of his car :lie:

But I’m not racist,all men/women/races are created equal. (Well at least I do)

Edited by Thorgir the Mighty

(edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 3:49 AM, Purple Flu said:

Yes. Adapt or die. That's how things work.

Don't know skill labour? Learn. Don't want to learn? Stay in the dirt. Repeat.

If you've of no use in a facility, you don't belong in a facility.

Also, low education and income white communities, a.k.a. "rednecks". Why do everyone keep forgetting?

I never said that workplaces operate without discrimination, or anything else related to real-world. I've presented my opinion for the most fruitful and productive form of labour organisation in a context of racism.

Nobody said they didnt exist, actually, I am someone that has to remind "sjws" of this frequently... income disparity exists because of people like you. That is a very flawed mentality that the infrastructure will raise against, and fall to.. There are people needed for the "dirt" jobs, but there is a thin line between "no use" and "this is the only use that is applicable to you via, income disparity, lack of affordable education, segregation from opportunity etc.. a lot of people werent as sheltered as you or I, or even to a degree a large number of people that feel they are in an ideal situation to whine about hardships they themselves don't actually undergo and will probably never have to. Popularity contests arent means for a opperable workplace,they are means for the managers bullcrap son getting a job he doesnt have the education to withhold, or weaker members of society being held up past individuals that are more capable to do a job.

Edited by Aquaflame

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

The most racist thing I have seen is a certain political party that believes people of color or a different creed need a handout in order to be successful in life.

thats actually kind of agreeable "in a way" but not in the sense that if everyone didnt already have labor reassured for them irregardless life would be a lot easier, we are all entitled to labor, irregardless of what we are paid for said labor, the hand out is monetary suppression, there needs to be an equalizing and opportunity building infrastructure that ensures that just because someone is doing a crap job that nobody else wants, it doesnt mean they arent entitled to a fair life sustaining wage. objectively speaking... 

On 7/8/2018 at 11:37 PM, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

These are phenomenal questions. Often times an incomplete picture is painted of opportunities for low income families. Often time outliers are used as examples to argue a point, when in reality there are immense opportunities for millions if they possess the aptitude, or self-control. What we are really talking about are different degrees of difficulty. 

A low income family, minority or otherwise, making under 40k benefits from large refundable tax credits. If I was black making $20,000 a year in Florida and had two kids <17 years old, I claim head of household and would be eligible for $,7200 as a refund making my effective pay $2,7000 per year. If I make $30,000, my refund would be $4,300 making my effective income $34,300 annually. 

This is not money you paid in. This is based off of refundable credits like the EITC ans CTC and ACTC. I'm not going out on a limb by suggesting that this game changing money is rarely utilized well. I coach individuals on how to use that found money to better their lives, but people prefer stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

i've seen racism all too often,though not targeted at me,the worst case so far was when i was traveling with my brother,in Warsaw(poland)i was in an egyptian kebap shop within the train station at 4am(i had to take a train at 5:30)when a guy came in, and got a kebap,he saw me and my brother were white and asumed we'd support him so he threw the kebap on the vendor and started lashing on him telling him to go home to his country etc.needless to say we didn't support him but chased him out instead,and stayed with the vendor to console him,after a few minutes he showed up again with a police officer(or maybe the station's security i couldn't tell)and claimed he was attacked,the security guard,didn't care that there were witnesses and blamed the vendor aswel,long story short,he made the vendor apoligise,which he wasnt eager to do of course

Just yesterday I was walking around the neighborhood and this black guy tried going after me and picking a fight. Too bad he decided to run away at the last minute, I was ready to respond to his rude comments about my fair complexion. Funny how most people complaining about bigotry are upper class hippies living in gated communities though. My girlfriend is an upper middle class Asian (met at her at uni) and she always gets mad at me whenever I tell her about how blacks are always trying to steal from me and how they've tried assaulting me when I was younger. I'm not saying all blacks are on crack and armed but she's always so "oh these poor black folks are the real victims". I used to hate blacks until I met some decent and friendly black folks at uni tbh. But I ain't a cuck, I know that university system doesn't care about working class whites, and even goes as far as to demonize them. But those poor blacks in the ghetto are oppressed people, and those Chinese they're also oppressed even though they make way more money that the average American. 

I need a handgun, but I have no money and I'm still 20. I can't even walk around my neighborhood without some anti-white tweaker trying to kill me.

People are assholes.  They'll always find a way to be one.  Even if you manage to extinguish racism (which is not possible), they'll just enact their behaviors under the guise of some other excuse.  While racism can be tended to, it's just something everyone has to find a level of content with.  But as others have said, it's probably better not to dwell on the issue of racism itself too much.

21 hours ago, Hachiroku said:

Funny how most people complaining about bigotry are upper class hippies living in gated communities though.

Absolutely this.  I, as a h'white guy from the humble working class, always get the most flack about racism from those upper class hippies trying to "enlighten" me on these issues that I'm "obviously too ignorant" to get.

I go to college, and have moved between a couple of them.  The story is the same.  The ones who generally have the biggest issues on stuff like this are the starbuck marxists.  Ya know, those guys who always hang out at expensive, indie, coffee shops browsing on their Macs?  The ones who get a free ride in college off of daddy's trust fund, riding around in their brand new cars?  The ones who almost never seem to take their schooling seriously?  The ones who always virtue signal about stuff like this online, but you know you'll never see them out in the real world doing actual work that produces legitimate practical value to those in need?

If there was ever symbolism for hypocrisy, it would be these guys.  And if there was ever a group of people who tested my nerves, it would be these guys!

(edited)

And now a conversation between me and my older brother one of the last times we spoke to eachother:

Him: "You know. Im not racist but I just wouldnt want to live next door to black people."

Me: " Um. Brady. We lived next to a black family for 13 years and we were all really close friends."

Him: "I know. I know.... But I really wouldnt want to live next to Mexicans."

Me: "Um. When you first moved into your own apartment your neighbors were Mexican. They became one of your weed dealers and yall became friends."

Him: "I dont wanna live next to Russians."

Me: "*sigh* Our across the street neighbors were Russian. But I didnt care for them either. Not cause they were Russian but cause they were just assholes."

On my own personal racist note I don't care for my neighbors right now. They're hispanic. They have so many people coming and going out of the house, I dont really know who actually lives there. They blast mariachi music til after Midnight. The guys are cool and down to earth and'll help you out with carpentry or mechanic work. But the women are snobs who act confused when you dont speak Spanish then talk shit behind your back. Their children have little to no supervision or discipline. They had dogs. They died cause they didnt take care of them. Their cats they had now live with us because they just decided to wander into our house one day to eat and stuck around. They had been severly under fed. And we never had any problem with flies and roaches, until they moved in next door. v.v So I can kinda see where my brother was coming from when he said he wouldn't want to live next to Mexicans.

Im totally down with the Blacks and the Gays though. And Middle Eastern people are some of the nicest folks I've met.

Edited by Ziltoid the Omniscient

Everybody is racist. :muffins:

And maybe it is okay, maybe people just want to stick to their own kind. It's not like the idiotic elites programming since the 60s overwrite the history of thousands of years and the way people work.

:orly: