Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe

Mike groaned. There was prominent ringing in his ears and everything looked blurry.

"Ugh... Ow. W-where Jennifer?" He murmured. Most of the group seemed to be asleep. Mike got up, and the throbbing in his head increased to a sharp pain. Mike sat back down again. 

The Unicorn from Manehattan was awake though and was keeping watch.

"Oh, hey Sir."

(Sorry, I was eating dinner and watching a movie).

Ursa awoke a few hours later during the daytime. She was in her sleeping bag, which she found curious because last time she checked, she had been with Dynamo. But he was nowhere to be found.

She simply shrugged and placed her saddlebags on her back. Ursa felt so much better now that she had rested, and she could feel her magic inside her horn. She was back and ready to go.

Hopefully I don't have to use that spell anytime soon.

(Fast forwarding).

(edited)

@Pr0m4NV14

Noticing that it was daytime, he hoped a timberwolf didn't take Mike's weapon. It was unlikely since he was paying attention.

"Is it possible you dropped her during the fight? I can help you find her."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

Just now, Emerald<3 said:

@Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight

"Hey, guys!' She shouted at Mike and Arrow. She turned her head and levitated the sword in front of herself, "Could this be it? It was leaning against some kind of rock...maybe you dropped it when you hit your head?"

"Could be. Hey Mike, Ursa found your sword."

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14

Crystal stirred in her sleep, still laying there, not recognizing the fact it was daytime now. Lying face up now as she snored. Before being woken up by Ursa yelling, opening her eyes as she looked around the place, seeing them all off searching for, something. "Well, it seems most of the team has already left me alone." She groaned, getting up and putting her saddle around her back. "What are we looking for?" She stood up, still a bit tired as she approached them.

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows

"Hey, that's it!" Mike stumbled towards Ursa. Taking the blade from her magic-levitation thing.

"Thank you so much," Mike said, with great appreciation. He went back to where his bags lay and sheathed Jennifer before collapsing on the forest floor again. His head hurt again, and he just wanted to go back to sleep, but they should get going.

"So, what happened? Did we win?"

1 minute ago, FanOfManyShows said:

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14

Crystal stirred in her sleep, still laying there, not recognizing the fact it was daytime now. Lying face up now as she snored. Before being woken up by Ursa yelling, opening her eyes as she looked around the place, seeing them all off searching for, something. "Well, it seems most of the team has already left me alone." She groaned, getting up and putting her saddle around her back. "What are we looking for?" She stood up, still a bit tired as she approached them.

"Hey, at least I kept my promise, nothing bothered you during the night."

Arrow was slightly tired from taking a longer turn for the rest of the night.

@Pr0m4NV14

"Sort of." Ursa said, "The thieves ran off. But I'm positive that that's not the last we'll be seeing of them." She explained.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Hey, at least I kept my promise, nothing bothered you during the night."

Arrow was slightly tired from taking a longer turn for the rest of the night.

"I'm sorry Arrow...If I would've been more careful, you wouldn't have to stay out longer than the rest of us."

"Awake. I'll take the rest of the shifts." Corners yawned. "Sorry guys, the dream I had was amazing. Real top tier dream things.I was back and not convicted of multiple petty theivery and... I should just stop talking. Thr rest of you go back to bed" 

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo nodded to Arrow as he decided to keep watch for the night. "Thank you for the help Arrow and I guess we'll see you in the morning." As he slowly got up from his sitting position. he managed to levitate Ursa onto his back. He walked back over to their sleeping bags and laid her sleeping bag next to his. As he placed the sleeping mare on her sleeping bag, he smiled and made his way into his sleeping bag. He wrapped an arm around Ursa and pulled her towards him. "Goodnight and sweet dreams, Ursa." He whispered as he kissed her cheek, while cuddling with the cobalt mare. 

(Fast forward to the next morning)

A few hours had passed as the sun rose to signify the next day. Dynamo slowly opened his eyes and tried to take in his own surroundings. He wanted to get more sleep, but he felt he had an internal alarm. He figured it was still pretty early, so he didn't bother trying to go back to sleep. At first, he was confused, since he noticed that he wasn't in his room. He then slowly realized that he was still on his mission to help retrieve the orb and ruby. He looked to his side and noticed that Ursa was still asleep next to him. He smiled softly and kissed her forehead, before sitting up and stretched with a yawn. He got out of his sleeping bag and made his way over to Arrow. "It looks a little brighter in the forest, so I guess it's morning. Thanks for keeping watch and I'm really sorry I wasn't able to keep guard. Hopefully I'll be able to instead of what had happened the previous night." He gave Arrow and apologetic look, before looking out towards the forest. "I'll be right back, Arrow. I'm going to see if there's a place for us to get some water. We need to refill our rations, so we don't become hungry and/or thirsty on our trip." He said as he started walking out towards the forest, but made sure not to stray too far from the group. He looked around for anything that he could find, but it appeared that he couldn't find such results. 'I should head back to the group. It's better we look for stuff together and not individually.' He thought as he turned around and made his way back to camp.

He smiled as he was thankful for not going too far away. He noticed that Ursa, Mike, and Crystal were now awake. He waved to the group, to show that he was back and okay. "Good morning, you guys. I looked to see if there was any water available, but I couldn't find anything. I was thinking we can look around as a group when it's time to move on." He looked and saw that Mike was up and had regained his blade, but had fallen on the forest floor again. "Are you okay, Mike? Are you feeling any better from the night before?" He asks in concern for his teammate. He made his way over to Ursa and smiled, while waving somewhat shyly at her. "G-Good morning, Ursa. How did you sleep? I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up. I was looking for supplied for the group, but I didn't want to stray too far from the group. Is there anything I missed?" He blushed a little from her kiss from last night, but he knew he would talk to her about it.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Corners had been busy. She seemed even less intrested in the job more than ever but was ready to move out in the morning. The box bad been covered in leaves and branches, giving it extra camo in the forest. Corners didn't like to stay at one place for long so she gathered some of these materials while she watched the group sleep.

"Blegh. What you guys think?" The camo box pony said to the group

@MisterRe

"I think the the timberwolves would still find scent."

He was just guessing though. He had no idea if timberwolves had a good sense of smell. It would make sense though.

Arrow pulled a cup, water, and coffee beans from his back. He used a heating spell and made himself a bit of coffee.

"Its more sight based in all honesty. Plus, timber wolves won't be able to smell past this heavily sapling'ed cover." 

Corners was thirsty for some of that coffee.

"Oh... coffee. Can I have some?"

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @FanOfManyShows @Emerald<3

Mike scooted towards the Manehattanite and the mysterious box. He had some food from the saddlebags the princesses supposed him. They were mostly dried fruits, but there was a load of bread and some jam. 

“Here you guys go.” The Earth Pony said, handing some of the edibles to the two ponies. 

“You know, I have an idea on how to deal with those thieves.” He said, munching on some of the breakfast. 

“I remember reading about this blue plant that grows in here. It’s called ‘Poison Yolk’ or something like that. Could we use the plant against them?” He said, thinking clearly for once; his head was feeling a lot better, though a bruise remained.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Mentions.

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe 

Dynamo raised an eyebrow at what Corners was asking. He looked, but tried to squint as the mention of her box. It took him some time, but he finally managed to see some of the box that was camouflaged. "If you mean the box, then I think it's in a pretty good hiding spot. If you mean the timberwolves, then we should stay alert. They probably have goo sight and scent, if they can find their prey and alert their pack of other timberwolves."

He then heard Mike move over to the others and offer them food. "Good to see that you're doing okay? How are you holding up, Mike?" He asks, before becoming interested in learning how to stop those thieves. "I think I know what you're talking about. I think it's called poison joke, but there's a problem. If you touch those plants, then you get affected by the poison joke too. The plant somehow takes away what you are truly best at. So, if you are a great flyer, then you'll be crashing all over the place. It's a sound idea, but how would we use the poison joke, so we don't get affected?" He asks and blushes slightly as he heard his stomach begin to growl. "Do you happen to have an extra food? I was only given small provisions and multiple weapons and tools from the Princess." He chuckles lightly, while smiling sheepishly. "Is it okay, if I can have a coffee too, Arrow? It may not be soda, but it's honestly better than nothing." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

"I usually don't get fresh coffee. I used to always grab the stale left overs from diners. Even though celestia gave these coffee beans to you. But thank you anyway, Mike." 

A hoof grabbed the cup from one of the eye holes and poured down the remaining free eyehole. You don't see if she got burned or not drinking this way. You might not want to find out either.

@Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows

Ursa frowned and sat down in a spot under the shade. She had picked up her saddlebags, and was continuously rummaging through them. She saw a corner of a piece of parchment buried underneath all her things, and sighed in relief. The thieves from last night hadn't stolen her map. 

Thank Goodness.

She levitated a apple out of her bag and took a nice bite. She ate it quickly, as she just then realized how hungry she was. 

Ursa pulled out three more apples, and although she was hungry, she had to be careful. She couldn't eat this all now, because that meant she would run out of food. 

@Pr0m4NV14 @Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight 

Crystal sat where she first started resting, looking to the others as they wandered the area they set up camp in. She pulled out the bag of apples once again, pulling one out to snack on it.  Glancing to see Ursa already had some apples, sighing to herself. Couldn't hurt to have extra on hoof. "So, how is everypony doing?" She asked, hoping to stir a conversation.