Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst teacher ever?

Brobot

Most teachers didn't see me favorably due to my lack of interest or involvement, but they were not bad at their profession.

Some of the issues that surfaced in school were result of my nature when it comes to bring out the human qualities in people.

There were some altercations with some of them, but having a closer look at their identity, psychology and emotional state, it was possible to figure out the source of the issue wasn't necessarily my behaviour, but rather a conflict inherent to their personal lives.

• 2 months later...

My grade 8 math teacher had been railroaded by the school into teaching math. By all accounts he was a great teacher in his other classes (never had him for those classes, and I forget what they were). He was nervous and tense and had no idea how to teach the material. I ended up teaching a couple of my classmates the material because the way he explained made no sense. One time I corrected him on a formula (assuming the mistake was an honest slip of the tongue). Dude got all psyched up to make an example of me and prove why I was wrong by setting up a demomstration, but ended up embarrassed and angry after proving himself wrong. If dude chilled out a bit he would have been a solid teacher.

In university I had a Markering teacher with side job at an Apple store. Dude was a lazy @$$hat with zero f**ks to give. How he got the job, I have no idea, but he clearly never took it seriously.

In the professional sphere, I had a supervisor who, despite over 20 years at the company, had english so horrible he couldn't explain anything. I have no problem with broken English, or even with accents, but this dude somehow after decades of needing English for his job never managed to figure out how to make half of what came out of his mouth even vaguely resemble the language. Made learning anything a tedious and frustrating experience.

While none of the teachers in K-12 School were bad, 8th grade Physics with that particular class was unhelpful to his students as possible. Heck, one documentary video was so boring and little to do with the subject, I ligitimately feel asleep in class. Usually when faced with a boring class back in my day, I get back with a book that actually ties with the class in question.

My worst teacher was one of my computing teachers who would show up late mumble and gave across an attitude like he couldn't be bothered barely understood the learning material himself it screwed the entire class over

• 5 weeks later...

My driver’s ed teacher in high school he was a real well I can’t say he even yelled at me for missing one class  plus he’s forced us to watch “that video”  I ending up flunking his class When I got the grade paper I literally said thank goodness I don’t have to see you anymore and then he yelled out of my class  before left I crumbled up the paper and threw it in the trashcan right in front of him

Edited by Crimson storm

Probably my worst teacher was my college (or university for those outside the US) Engineering Physics teacher. This guy was an old Indian man who could barely teach and had a thick mumbly accent (and accents don't bother me, my Mathematics advisor was Chinese with a thick accent and he was fantastic, mostly because he could ACTUALLY teach). Anyway, the worst part about the teacher was not really to my detriment but the entire class. See we only had three major tests the entire year so your grade was dependant on them. His teaching style was pretty much regurgitating the textbook notes word for word with barely elaboration or extra examples, and giving us 30-40 problems to do for the week.

Now I did very well at this class because it was mostly math and calculation based and I had developed the skills to teach myself by re-analysing everything especially if I'm interested in the formulaic concepts (I was a dopey Mathematics major in an Engineering class :derp:) So I could visualize the letters and numbers easily without any elaboration or physical explanation like most of the actual Engineering students needed for good reason.

So we get to the second of three tests of the class and I get a solid 97% on it. I'm pretty proud. That's until I learn the next highest grade was a 68%! And this teacher has the nerve to only curve up the test a meer 3% all because of me. He had the gall to be like "Well, one student did well so OBVIOUSLY it's not MY teaching..." I made it clear to everyone who approached me it had NOTHING to do with his teaching why I passed. We were absolutely furious with him. He did eventually give everyone who wanted one a retest but that had to be the most incompetent teacher I've ever met. And this was in college/university!

• 4 years later...

I love him for this but it also makes him a bad teacher. I ended up having a chemistry teacher in high school the year he was retiring. Everyday he just came in propped his feet up and told us to do whatever we wanted. He auto passed us all on all tests and school work. He was done. That’s so real of him honestly. Imma be done to my year of retirement. However that also technically makes him a bad teacher since he didn’t even teach us lol. We just all hung out and he passed us no matter what. 

Personally I really disliked one teacher my freshman year just because she’d really degrade you if you got a question wrong and didn’t do well on a test. She’d flat out humiliate you. She was rough. No teacher made me feel as stupid as she did lol.