Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is better... Xbox 360, or PS3?

Pinkie Pie Party

Xbox 360 or PS3?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. What system do you think is better?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3

why?

The playstation just never caught my attention. Back when I only played Nintendo I found none of the games intrigued me enough to get one. My friend had a ps2 and the games he had didn't have much emphasis on multiplayer which I loved so that didn't help.

Now when xbox first caught my eye, it was all my friends had one and all they talked about it fun stuff that happened online. So I fell to peer pressure and got one. The main reason I won't get a ps3 is cause of the lack of a party system. Playing online is boring most of the time when you could have friends to talk to. Even on xbox when no one is on its horribly boring. That and only a few of my friends has one. So unless they release something that just straight blows my mind then they will forever be the lowest system in my eyes.

*pops head in and whispers*

PC tromps both of them... :P

*disappears like a shadow in the night*

But really, between the two I prefer the Xbox 360 for having better controls, but I also give appreciation to the PS3 for not making me pay for online gaming.

• 8 months later...

I say you should go on the console that your friends play on. A game isn't a game when your not playing with your friends.

The more friends, the better. So, go for the console that has the most friends you have. Play on it.

• Brohoof 6

PS3 with 360 controller. The Sony controller was supreme in my eyes, until the 360 came along. That thing is just so much more comfortable IMO. I have both though since both get their own exclusives, but honestly they both have about an inch of dust on them since I prefer PC to both. I only dust them off if a really good exclusive comes along anymore, and even then I normally just rent them now.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I have a 360, because I went with what most of my friends had. I also don't like Sony, because of their recent actives, though despite their free online service.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

360 all the way.

Internet is better, you can actually talk to your friends while online, and I personally like the games better.

That and I just have a horrible seething hatred for Sony.

post-11728-0-37056400-1360290529_thumb.jpg

post-11728-0-78752900-1360290555.jpg

post-11728-0-12772700-1360290585.jpg

post-11728-0-40974800-1360290616.jpg

Sorry,but let me tell you why that is bull****,i respect your opinion but you have to pay for Xbox Live and PS3 is free and also there are glitches in Xbox.

• Brohoof 4

I got the ps3 mostly just because of the free online service and the pad on the controller. I can't stand the pad for the 360. Oh, and ps3 has the Disgaea series so I had to get it; I love Disgaea.

Is this fight ever gonna end? Literally every forum I go on there is a topic about it, I have the answer for you.

PC, problem solved.

Hey now, there's already a thread where you can brag about PC superiority. The least you could do is let us lowly consoles peasants enjoy our petty squabbles. (just kidding)

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry,but let me tell you why that is bull****,i respect your opinion but you have to pay for Xbox Live and PS3 is free and also there are glitches in Xbox.

HyH2YPo.gif

>Implying that paying is a bad thing

6Wjlv.jpg

img-1155495-7-b5OWy.jpg

jW4Njl7.jpg

mlfw4576-1335644933898.png

See, I can use macros as well. X3

Ok, so I really didn't have much to say other than that I could care less about paying for a better service. I haven't noticed much problems with it in all honestly. And just saying that it costs is not a good enough argument. Which is ok, cause I didn't have one either so we're all good. X)

I mean, you can continue to try if you want, but in all honestly.

dixhFMv.gif

Sony has no place in my heart at all.

• Brohoof 1

but you have to pay for Xbox Live and PS3 is free and also there are glitches in Xbox.

1. Microsoft's Xbox Live is yet to be hacked and have it's users personal and credit card details in the hand of said hackers.
  2. As for paying for Xbox Live, if you pay (last time i checked it was) $80 for the year it works out to be 4.5 cents/day which is absolutely nothing to complain about.
  3. I've personally never had to deal with a single glitch on Live.

No poll? That's a bit weird. (or maybe my whole page didn't load yet because my Internet is so slow.. D: It's 60kb/s :P )

NOTE: I love how games feel and am not necessarily looking at its specs or the services provided. I will be talking about games mostly and will base most of it on games in my little talk.

Anyway, what I do think about the X360 and the PS3.

Xbox360

This console is more for those games that are universally brought to every gaming console or the PC. They don't have many exclusives if you do think about it. They have Halo, Gears of War, and some others that I forgot. The Xbox doesn't have a lot of exclusive titles if you do think about it. (Sorry for the Xbox boys out there)

Also, with paying for XboxLive, it's more for those rich kids out there. I mean, yeah, I'd pay for online, but paying $60 for a year subscription is just way too much. I mean, I can get an extra game with that money and play for free online on the PS3. And me being the online gamer and one who loves to interact, I definitely dislike this fact. 

And no, I do not suck with the Xbox. Apparently, I do better on it than with my own PS3. I have better scores in it and the PS3 just has a weird controller for me. Anyway, the Xbox is just not my type.

PS3

Lots of exclusives! The PlayStation has really shaped my childhood. From Crash to Spyro to Ape Escape to many other games, I enjoyed them all. I enjoyed the different exclusives a lot on my PS1 and the PS2. The PS3 is no exception. You can see titles like Twisted Metal coming back after a somewhat long break, God of War coming out with another game, and the new PS All-Stars which provides a brawler experience that I surely do enjoy.

As being a Nintendo guy myself, I do enjoy the PS3 more. I had tons of fun online, lots of friends play on it, and I just love the exclusives and the titles that come with it.

Having a lot of things that the Xbox would have minus their exclusives plus Sony's exclusives, I would say I love my PS3 more. Sure, I enjoy Halo and Gears of War, but it just doesn't give me a lasting appeal.

People may hate and people may agree with me. Let's just settle this now that I am just placing down my own opinions and never intended to hurt anybody. :3

Edited by Stormz

Not again... I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into a war.

For me personally, it's the Xbox 360. It may be bad in some aspects, but it's good in others. I'm more of a multimedia kind of guy, and Xbox 360 has more options for those who are all multimedia interested, so that's why I bought an Xbox 360. I would buy PS3 as well, but I don't like the controller of the PS3, and don't like it's general interface (PSN, messages, etc).

Welp, I only have a 360, and I only got it to play Skate 3 originally, so I don't have much of a broad opinion. I will say that PS3 has better games surely, Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, and some more exclusives I can't be bothered to remember. But the controller of the 360 is so much more comfortable, I have pretty damn big hands, so it works way better for me. Oh, and the Xbox 360 has good games too, just not as much or as good exclusives.

• Brohoof 1

My vote has to go for PS3

Just (IMO) an overall better system of the two.

Though most of my friends are on the xbox so I have to buy one if I plan to play with them.

I just prefer the PS3 for the free games(though really not free $50 a year)

and the type of games on it (yay for no region lock)

I will have to go for PS3 I would say about 70% of the games are on both systems so those don't count, both have exclusives that are pretty good but I think PS3 has got the best variety out of the two.

not really one to take sides on console wars, personal i like the ps3 more because proffer the setup of the controller, but both consoles have there own perks, like i love the whole party thing on xboxlive, and i love kill-zone on the play station platform. 

Im an Xbox 360 fan. Thanks to Halo: CE i joined the Xbox group. But I feel like i can snap the PS3 controller in two with ease, whereas it takes alot to snap a 360 controller, by hand, in half.

Ill give it to PS3 for the free online, but they got hacked last year (or was it 2011?) and Xbox almost did, but thanks to them they shut down Live for a day to stop it. So Xbox Live users might have to pay to play, but we get alot back in terms of content first and better protection than PS3 users..

and ofcourse Xbox has Halo, Gears of War, and a few other exclusives that are actually GOOD.. PS3 has God of War, which ive seen to be really good.. other wise, i dont see anything good for them..

Also, the motion sensors, the Kinect was better than the PS3s "Glowing dildo/Wii knock off".. PS3 does have Blu Ray built in though

I only played Xbox for Halo tbh, theres not many xbox exclusive games while PS3 have a lot more good exclusive games such as God of War and Uncharted, not to mention 'The Last of Us' which is coming out soon. But both consoles have their ups and downs, both are good with different downsides.

Although I agree with ~Chaotic Lightning~ a game won't be any fun without any friends. Just get the console your friends have and buy a mic while you're at it ;)

• Brohoof 1

PS3. I mean, it has Metal Gear Solid 4.... and I am a big Metal Gear fan... which means I'm probably going to be biased. Soooooo.......yeah, the PS3

• Brohoof 1