Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is better... Xbox 360, or PS3?

Pinkie Pie Party

Xbox 360 or PS3?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. What system do you think is better?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3

I am a diehard PS3 fan. I have liked playstation since the ps one, but, although I don't own one, I have to say the Xbox is the better overall console. It has a better os and is just much more cleaner and doesn't suffer in terms of 3rd party games like sony do because of the cell processor. Well have to see what happens in the next gen!

Personally I would say the Playstation 3. Xbox 360 is a good platform, but it is more expensive in the long run when you factor paying $60 a year for XBL into account. And PS3 has more exclusives and a more diverse game library. So overall, I would say PS3 gives you more bang for your buck.

I own a lot of game systems.

I have

• Xbox 360 Elite
  • PS3
  • PS2 Slim
  • PS1
  • Nintendo DS
  • PSP
  • Wii
  • N64
  • The Blue N64
  • Genesis
  • PS Vita
  • Nintento 3DS
  • Gameboy Advanced SP

So I can say without a doubt that PS3 is better.  It has a better system, it is easier to use, it has a faster browser, it has a faster Youtube app, it's Netflix app works better, and it has better games.  So my answer to this is PS3, hands down.

post-11645-0-95427600-1362775706.jpg

(edited)

I pick..... the Super Nintendo!!! But really, I dont care. Despite my age, I am a SERIOUS old gamer!

I have every Outdated Nintendo System!!!

So yeah. Too busy collecting Old Games to care about new ones!!

Edited by DerpyPie

(edited)

Please, please for the love of PONYS! Dont bring this console wars to this forum :(

I´m gonna be honest and i do think that Pc will always be number 1* in my eyes.

Edited by Flake

I like my PS2....I don't want a PS3 because the violent adult games far far FAR outnumber the family friendly ones (i don't like violence) and the Xbox 360 has games that are too kid friendly (too easy and boring for me plus most are for the Kinect). 

the only thing I will say...Xbox360 for XboxLive, loads to choose from and lots of fun to be had with older gen. titles found here.

PS3...the only game off hand I really want to play is Ni no Kuni, and other than that, why would I trust a game system (from a powerful, rich company) that has been hacked?

Yeah the nintendo 64 was and will always be the best :P. But seriously there is not a "better console" it all depends on the persons tastes in games. Depending on what types of games *you* like will depend on which console you will think is better. Xbox has always had better online support imo though.

I like the Dreamcast better than the PS3 and the Xbox 360 because the Dreamcast has huge amounts of nostallgia. :P

In all seriousness, actually, I love the PS3 because of the nice variety of features, including the games with custom soundtrack support. You can never have a PS3 game with no custom soundtrack feature. :D

If you have not bought one of those two systems as of now, you would be better served waiting until the fall and buying either a PS4 or Xbox 720.  The old generation is so long in the teeth that even Colgate teamed with Zecora would be unable to fix them.

I strongly prefer the PS3, and for a variety of reasons.

For one thing, the graphics are notably better. The PS3 has a Blu-ray drive, allowing much more space for a single game and therefore much higher quality. If you're like me, you enjoy high-quality gaming.

Another reason is that playing online is completely free. Sure, they've been hacked, but honestly, that doesn't really matter. If I suddenly can't play my games for a week or so I don't really care, as long as I'm not paying fifty dollars a year for it, which I'm not. Computers games also exist!

Also, the PS3 controllers recharge. If you're like me, you would much rather just plug your controller into the system to recharge it rather than go to the store and buy batteries. Really though, batteries can be frustrating as hell. If you are in the middle of a serious fight and your controller dies, you can just plug it in.  Running to get batteries will definitely result in death.

This isn't exactly a reason to get the PS3 instead of the Xbox, but I must mention it. The PS Vita. It is by far the best handheld gaming system to date, hands down. You can connect it to your PS3, so yeah, it sort of contributes to my argument.

Also, there's the controller. I know that anyone who says something about this is purely opinionated when saying it, but I honestly think that the Xbox controller is just too bulky. I also don't really like the button layout or the material they make it with. The plastic shell and buttons tend to get oily, which makes it uncomfortable and even provides the possibility of it slipping out of your hand.

Now. Despite all of this crap I just typed, I must say that in my opinion the Nintendo Gamecube and 64 will always be the best consoles.

Edited by Jverne

• 3 months later...
(edited)

What do you think? Is PS3 better or is Xbox 360 better? Not soon but I am going to get a PS3.

Xbox: RDlover148

PS3: RainbowFire148 (I don't have a system yet)

Edited by RDlover148

dude, isn't this a bit late? i mean, the Xbox One and the PS4 are coming soon.

but anyways if you must know, i recommend the ps3 for its free internet. but the xbox 360 has a nicer controller in my opinion

• Brohoof 2

dude, isn't this a bit late? i mean, the Xbox One and the PS4 are coming soon.

I recently got my PS3 and it has given me more satifaction than any other console, at an instant. 

Do you realise how big the library is when you join this late? There are so many golden picks to choose from!

Anyway.

What matters to you as a gamer? 

Xbox got awesome Live and have an awesome controller while PS3 got better graphics and free internet use. 

Browse what games are exclusive to each console and the decide from there. The better the games, the better the console!

I would recommend PS3 though. 

@RDlover148

After running a search of threads in Media Discussion, I found one identical to the thread you created; they've been merged. Before posting a new topic, please use the search feature to see it's already out there.

PS3. I've been with Sony ever since the PS1 and the PS3 just has great exclusives from Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Killzone, Infamous, The Last of Us and tonnes of awesome indie games like Journey and The Unfinished Swan. And PSN is free and for a while it had that awesome 'Life with Playstation' thing with its amazing soundtrack that was sadly shut down. And it's got a blu ray player.

PS3 had the better exclusives,but overall I prefer the 360.

It's a much sturdier system,since I've had this 360 since 2006 and only had it RRoD once a couple years afterward.After that,never had a problem with the 360.Meanwhile,my bro's PS3 just flat-out died recently in the three or so years he had it.Plus,some of my favorite games run better on the 360 than the PS3 and also have some other problems on the PS3 as well,so there's that as well for me.

(edited)

Both have their flaws and both have their perks.

In the end it's pretty much preference.

I shyed away from the PS3 because none of my friends have it,I hate the controller design....and I saw no point in the blue ray player, as I download all my movies...So logically I picked the 360

Other reasons I got the 360 are,  I had both PS2 and  Xbox One. the original Xbox.and  what turned me was the controller,  the X-Box controller feels 100x better than the Playstation one....and with the 360 using replaceable batteries was another bonus.So I could use an induction charging mat. and I had been a fan of the Halo series back on the original Xbox. At the time PS2 had no exclusives I liked.

as for RRoD stuff so what....send out the console get a brand new one back....seems like a good deal for me.

Edited by Flutter Dash