Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The XBOX Brand.

CastletonSnob

No, I really don't think they will do that. I think what they are trying to do is cement the Xbox brand even further by doing these moves, Microsoft has a big market in PC's as well of course so they want to essentially double their profits by doing this, it makes sense. Xbox consoles make too much money to just stop making them. 

• Brohoof 2

Xbox is still an incredibly popular brand for them and will continue to be, despite them moving their games to PC(even though I think it's a dumb idea)

• Brohoof 1

It's still the XBOX brand even when the games are releasing on PC. That's the whole reason for the Windows 10 integration with the Xbox App and the likes. They aren't changing or replacing Xbox, merely merging it with a pre-existing platform to bring in a larger demographic :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The chances of them ending one of the biggest console franchises is very small. Since 2005, nearly 500 million people have played on Xbox Live, and have loved the console. If Xbox quit, then what would Sony do? Sony doesn't have a computer operating system, so PlayStation would dominate the console gaming industry. And more people prefer the simplicity of a controller, over a keyboard and a mouse.

To be honest, PC gaming is not my favorite, having to memorize which key does what for every single video game gets tiring, and so in my opinion, console gaming is better. Yes, PC may be able to handle graphics and FPS at a higher level, but console gaming is so much easier to be able to socialize and game.

And Microsoft has made billions of dollars from the Xbox franchise, so if it ends one day, it won't go down without a fight.

P.S My gamertag is cR Spitfire , I usually play on Xbox One

Edited by cR Spitfire
  • Brohoof 3

Considering they are porting a lot of titles to PC now, I think they may be preparing for that.

Considering they are porting a lot of titles to PC now, I think they may be preparing for that.

As long as Microsoft/Xbox is making millions of dollars (which they are) they won't cancel the Xbox consoles anytime soon. The reason they are porting Xbox exclusives and such is because #1 More money they could put in their pockets, and #2 to help expand the Xbox Community as a whole.

As much as I would applaud Microsoft for pretty much accepting the changing times, their idea of an online store to buy games from is still stuck in the Games for Windows Live mentality. They say they want to embrace PC gamers, but they will be judged by their actions and not words put together by someone from marketing.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I would applaud Microsoft for pretty much accepting the changing times, their idea of an online store to buy games from is still stuck in the Games for Windows Live mentality. They say they want to embrace PC gamers, but they will be judged by their actions and not words put together by someone from marketing.

One of the reasons why Project Spark's IP came in jeopardy.

That would alienate console gamers who don't have a high end gaming PC, so I'm going with "no."

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it's popular and makes them money, they don't really have a reason to kill the brand. If they did cut it and focused on PC, they'd definition risk alienating a very large audience.