Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A New Kingdom

Jedishy

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil narrowed her eyes then sighed in resignation, she was not opposed to being wrong, but it was still pretty embarrassing for her. She then looks to the two stallions "Well, that's a step in the right direction at the least right?" she would ask, but then try to think of something "nope, that won't work" she says before looking to the two stallions, "I was thinking of doing what I did with my cursed item, but that would require removing it from Gold's finger, which we already established, is not possible as of yet" she says and sits down. "Salvador would know, but I'm not even sure if I can contact him anymore" she says with a somewhat forlorn look upon her face. 

With another sigh of resignation, she stands up "Well, perhaps there is something in the attic where you found the ring?" she asks "Something like an old journal or something, that could describe how to remove it"

@Lady Moonspell,

Gold Dust was getting genuinely angry now. Not only was the cursed ring feeling more and more like a burden, but the one responsible treated as seriously as he would for spilled milk. 'despite how much he wants to be,' Those words stuck with him. His whole life he had seen Silvers as ponies that lived by their principles and never let injustice go unchallenged. Yet here was one of them, more than happy to put his mistakes behind him with only passing care for those affected. He was so angry and felt so betrayed that he didn't even want to hear him out. Then he remembered that Tranquil was right next to him and that he wasn't alone. The fact that she went so far out of her way to help him was proof of that. Probably more than he had earned. He probably could have found the attic on his own, but that wasn't guaranteed, and he wouldn't want to undermine Tranquil's attempt to help. So he tempered his anger before he responded to Silver Tongue.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't bring this to the authorities," Gold Dust said in an even tone as he gestured to his ring, "tell them you were practicing dark magic, and let them deal with it."

Silver Tongue was taken back. Perhaps he wasn't as sensitive as he could have been, but He hadn't expected the authorities to be brought up so soon as an ultimatum. However, They were willing to hear him out, and that was all he needed. First thing was first. He had to deal with the ultimatum first.

"I'll do better than give you one reason." Silver Tongue spoke back just as sternly, thankful that his old age let him get away with speaking more aggressively, "First of all, the authorities won't know what to do with it. You might get your revenge, but you'll lose your only lead."

"Since you seem to be the expert here," Silver Tongue said as he turned his attention to Tranquil, "I'll fill you in what I've found out about the curse, but I'll warn you it's a lot more resilient then what you might be used to. The Dust family were notorious for their mastery of destructive magic, so I would expect their items would be resistant to it."

Silver Tongue then realized he was still talking sternly and corrected himself, "Where are my manners? We haven't even been introduced. My name is Silver Tongue, and I'm sure it will be a pleasure working with you."

Limbo Dreams, after navigating the palace for a short while found the party room where she saw Silver Tongue speaking with some other ponies. Ignoring the serious tone of Silver Tongue's discussion, Limbo decided to reunite with him.

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil was a little taken aback by the stallion's stern tone, but after having dealt with Salvador for a few years, she was used to it. At the mention of being experts at destructive magic, she furrowed her brows "Well that certainly does complicate things" she says and then looks to Gold "As much as I'd hate to admit it Gold, but mr Silver is correct, while the authorities could probably lock him up and besmirch his name, that feeling of revenge would only be a fleeting moment and you'd still be stuck with  the ring and the curse" she says, before turning her attention back to Silver "Tranquil Serenity, formerly Jade Requiem of the Devilment Shoppe" she says "Wish we could have met in better circumstances" she says, thinking for a moment "Alright, tell you what, you can tell me what you've learned, and I'll try to get in contact with Salvador again, in his time, he was the rather influential being, so it is possible he knew your ancestors as well"

@Lady Moonspell,

Tranquil and Silver Tongue had a point that Gold Dust couldn't deny. He didn't like paying attention to the rumors about his family, but Gold Dust had to concede that the Dust families affinity for destruction magic held water if his mother and grandmother were anything to go by. Beyond that, not only was the rumor true, but it was also a very good reason to not trust that the authorities could handle it. If this curse is from the same family that his mother came from, then he seriously doubted any conventional means would be effective at removing it. He still didn't like working with Silver Tongue, but the curse seemed to only get more oppressive to wear as time went on. Now wasn't the time to dilute his goal with ideals.

"I'm listening," Gold Dust responded while trying not to give the other stallion too much credence, "but it better be more thought out than your choice of gift."

Silver Tongue looked to Tranquil approvingly and cleared his throat before responding, "Well, we all wish we can always start on the right hoof, but that's neither here nor there."

"Anyway, I've sought out a ritual fabled to lift any curse. It involves whispering bones. I've managed to find that much, but there is a second part that has stumped me," Silver said while ignoring Gold Dust's skeptical gaze, "Perhaps this Salvador could have the answer."

Now that Silver Tongue said the name out loud, Salvador did sound familiar. Perhaps Tranquil meant more when she said that he was influential in his time. Devilment Shoppe also sounded familiar. Perhaps he stumbled upon it while he was scouring the lands for immortality. That would explain Tranquil's affinity for such things. In any case, Silver Tongue got the feeling that he was biting off more than he could chew, but he couldn't let that stop him after he had dedicated so much to his search.

"When you see him, ask him where to find a flexing spade."

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil would sigh before looking to the both of them "I can't promise that I can communicate with him, as ever since my own curse was lifted, it might mean that my ability to contact the spirit realm is completely gone" she would say in thought "I suppose we can try where it would be easier to breach the realm" she says, looking to them "and that means, going to the cemetery" she mentions. She would look around "Let us see if we can get out of here and find our way there without being noticed" 

Tranquil would then begin to lead the two stallions out of the palace and into the gardens, up a path that lead to the cemetery and smiles "alright you two, I need you two to be as quiet and still as possible, while I cast the circle and call upon the spirit realm" she says as she then got out some chalk and begun to draw the circle "In the past, I wouldn't have needed this, but without the item I once held, this is necessary" she then finishes the circle and sat in the middle, closing her eyes, chanting a few lines.

After a few moments of utter silence, a small smile would appear on Tranquil's muzzle but the voice that came out of her, was not hers, but that of an elderly dragon. "Who calls upon the spirit of Salvador De'Agio?"  the male voice would ask.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lady Moonspell,

Limbo Dreams saw Silver Tongue leave with a group of ponies and decided to follow after, at a distance of course. Limbo Knew that Silver Tongue was an older stallion, so it wasn't unreasonable to think that he was being coerced, and her time sleeping didn't allow her a whole lot of fitness even if she was taller than most ponies, so confronting them directly was out of the question. If only she had more time to perfect that knock-out thing she did, she would feel a lot more comfortable about trailing a unicorn and a pegasus that looked like he could stop a charging boulder.

When she saw the lot stop in a cemetery, she was a little confused. More so by the nature of the location then the fact that the group had stopped there. She knew what it was called by reading the sign 'Canterlot Cemetery' at the front gate, but otherwise, the purpose of this place was a mystery. She saw stones in neat rows that were carved in unique but intentional designs. Limbo allowed herself to be distracted for a moment and noticed some engravings on the stones. Some said 'rest in peace' and others said 'here lies' and Limbo knew what this place must be. This was a place for ponies to sleep outdoors, under the stars. She still didn't know if this was a place for sleeping magic or purely recreational, but if it was the former, it would explain why Silver Tongue was led here. Probably a followup on whatever he did to fix her drowsiness and the constant drowning she could hear from dreamers.

Silver Tongue was very eager to finally have a lead with the conundrum his heavenly guide had left him with. It was Gold Dust that had the first word though, as his problem was the one we came for.

"I have been cursed by a Dust family heirloom."

"I have made some progress in finding a remedy, but I have reached an impasse," Silver Tongue began to explain with very carefully chosen words while being scrutinized be Gold Dust, "You see, I am on a hunt to find an artifact that has the ability to move a curse from one object to another. With this, I plan to move my friend's cures to a harmless object that he isn't wearing, but a riddle holds the map to the next piece of the artifact. I beseech you for an answer: if a dreaming lamb has whisperings bones, what has a flexing spade?"

@Loud Opinion

A small smile had crossed the muzzle of Tranquil as the calm male voice spoke "Ah, a curse brought on by an ancient family heirloom giving in ignorance?" he would ask and ponder some "And a riddle?" he then chuckles a little "The answer to your riddle is double ended" he would say "A flexing spade could mean two things. One is a shovel, a tool someone uses to dig, and two, something spade shaped that moves, perhaps..someone you might know, who has a tail with a spade shaped tip?" he says, "As for the answer to ending your curse, I am afraid I cannot help, while I may have known the Gold ancestors, I did not know too much of their..activities with curses and the such. If you are to seek the answer you need, then perhaps you ought to think on the answer to the riddle, but I do beseech you, graverobbing is seen as a affront to the spirit realm and may bring dire consequences to you" Salvador says before the smile fades "I shall leave you to ponder the answer now, farewell" he then leaves and Tranquil shivers a little.

@Lady Moonspell,

Silver Tongue was ecstatic, to say the least, but with Gold Dust still keeping a close eye, and Tranquil returning Silver Tongue couldn't hint at ulterior motives. Even small suspicions were too much to afford at such a critical juncture.

Gold Dust on the other hoof seemed a little more disappointed with such a vague lead. The weight of his curse and the threat of other effects being uncovered over time made him restless. He tried to take flight to expend some of his mounting frustration but his wings simply didn't give him enough lift for take-off. There was no denying it now, Gold Dust couldn't fly. His wings were little more than ornaments now.

"Please tell me that's your pen-pal or something easy like that," Gold Dust pleaded to distract himself. 

"Close enough. The answer to the first part of the riddle sticks out like a sore thumb. There's not a doubt in my mind that the pony we are looking for is one of a kind. We'll know it when we see it. Now, we better get ba-" Silver Tongue reassured before being cut off by Limbo Dreams appearing in his line of sight.

"Limbo!" Silver Tongue shouted over to get his companion's attention, "come on over and say hello to our new friends."

Limbo Dreams had watched from afar for some time after her pondering of the purpose of this cemetery had been interrupted by a booming voice. Upon further investigation, she was confused to see that the clearly masculine voice was coming from what appeared to be a mare. Letting out a little chuckle at the absurdity was enough to get Silver's attention though. After he called her over, see sheepishly extended her introduction, "Hello, I'm Limbo Dreams. It's nice to meet friends of Silver Tongue."

@Loud Opinion

As Tranquil returned to her self, shivering a little before she looks around "Was Salvador any help?" she asks, standing up and then listening to the answer they were given "A pony with a spade tipped tail? Well that certainly is unique, unless you're talking about a dragon perhaps?" she suggests, then blinks and smiles "Well, at least we have some way to go to find the answer, and hopefully find a way to lift the curse" she says.

As she was then introduced to Limbo Dreams, she smile and waves a little "Hello Limbo Dreams, I'm Tranquil Serenity. I'm a friend of Gold Dust's and hopefully, maybe in the future, a friend of Silver Tongue's" she says, reaching a hoof out for her to shake. 

As it would turn out, Salvador hadn't left completely, but was just kind of sitting in the back of Tranquil's mind, keeping a watch out. Tranquil smiles a little as she looked at the other mare, almost glad to not be the only mare now.

@Lady Moonspell,

Limbo Dreams was relieved to hear that Tranquil had a normal voice. That masculine tone she heard earlier would have been very difficult to take seriously and snorting at every other sentence would have made for a poor impression. "That voice you did earlier was cool. Do you do impressions?" Limbo asked eagerly as she shook Tranquil's hoof.

"Well, if we're all on the same page, I think we should get back to the ceremony," Silver Tongue interrupted, "Unless any of you know a very unique gardener with a spade-tipped tail."

Gold Dust was a little surprised by how young Silver Tongue's friend was. The way Limbo talked about him was suspicious. He didn't want to be rude, but he had to see if there was manipulation at play, "Limbo, how well do you know this stallion?"

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil giggles and shakes her head, while shaking Limbo's hoof "O-oh no, see. I.." she tries to think of a good way to put it "I am a bit of a spiritualist and a psychic, though not one of those charlatans who prey on the grieving" she says with a shudder "In other words, I can speak with spirits, as crazy as that does sound" she chuckles and rolls her shoulders "and as such, Salvador, the spirit who's voice you heard before, is a sort of spirit guide for me" she says "For the most part, he makes sure no evil being does not take advantage of me when I am in a vulner.." she then stops and sighs "Sorry, I tend to ramble on when it comes to my uhm..profession" she says.

After Tranquil takes a moment to recollect her thoughts, she smiles "So tell me miss Dreams, what do you like to do for fun?"

@Lady Moonspell,

Limbo Dreams was fascinated by Tranquil's profession as she hung on every word after mentioning spirits. She had heard Silver Tongue go on about spirits, but the concept was still foreign to her. To Limbo, spirits were powerful ponies that, in a sense, transcended their bodies through magic. The concept of death was alien to Limbo though. Danger was present in the dreams she saw, but the consequences were never death. Sometimes the dream would flicker out but she would just be ejected into another dream. As far as Limbo knew, life was never interrupted. "Wow, you must be a pretty important person to speak to spirits," Limbo excitedly said in wonderment and aw.

"All I do is visit people's dreams, and I can't interact with anything. Watching can be fun, but sometimes I find a nightmare and I wish I could step in, and help the other pony."

Thinking of a hobby was difficult for Limbo, and she had to pause to think, "I haven't been awake for very long, and my parents like to stay in the crystal empire, so I thought that I was going to be cupped up in my room forever. That was when I met Silver Tongue. He offered to show me the world if I helped him answer a riddle."

Limbo paused to glance at Gold Dust, "I hope that answers your question too." She then interrupted herself when realization hit her, "Oh, you should tell them about the riddle you're working on, Silver! They might have an answer!"

After glaring at Gold Dust's rude interruption he responded to Limbo, "That's very astute, but I've already asked, and they've already agreed to help."

Gold Dust chose to remain silent, still not completely convinced, but now that he had thought about it. Silver Tongue's lack of contact with him made more sense. It would be hard for someone to talk to someone that they wronged without a solution ready. Perhaps there was room for forgiveness within Gold Dust, but that would have to wait until the curse was actually lifted. For now, Gold Dust's expression can soften, but both remorse and acceptance would remain absent.

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil smiled a little as it would seem that the other mare was interested in her abilities, but she then frowns "It was..more of a curse" she says with a bit of a sigh, but then smiles once more "As for importance..I don't really think I'm that important." she then giggles a little "I mean, of course I am important to my family and friends, as they are for me. But as far as the bigger picture goes, not all that important" she smiles.

Tranquil would then listen to Dream about her own abilities and nod "Sounds like you're a Dream Walker" she says "Sort of like what Princess Luna can do, minus her abilities to change things within the dream" she smiles, "I just hope you've never been in mine, my nightmares can be pretty...horrific" she says and then looks to Silver and Gold "As for this riddle, do either of you know anypony who has a tail with a spade shaped tip?"

@Lady Moonspell,

Limbo was a little letdown but brightened up when it sounded like Tranquil knew about her powers. "Oh! We'll have to look for this Luna sometime if you don't mind accompanying me. She sounds like she would be a very helpful pony to meet." Limbo had been apprehensive of joining Silver Tongue on his adventures even with her growing need to see the world, but now it seemed like it was paying off. First Silver had put an end to her head akes, and now he had led her to a pony that could help her master her extranormal abilities. 'Could this day go any better,' Limbo wondered to herself.

"Um," Limbo continued after remembering why she was here, "after we get to the bottom of Silver's riddle of course."

"You know," Gold Dust chimed in, "while visiting my father once, I saw some hired help with a strange tail. It didn't have any hair. I might have looked like a dragon's tail, but it didn't have any scales."

Gold felt like it was about time he contributed, even if something about Silver still didn't make him feel right. Besides, withholding such a critical piece made him feel even worse.

Silver's eyes lit up at Gold Dust's revelation, "Yes! That must be precisely what we are looking for! At the nearest opportunity, we must visit your father for this pony."

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil thought for a moment "Yes, Luna is very useful when it comes to that sort of thing, she helped me with my nightmares a lot" she says and then looks to the others "A.." she thinks for a moment and then nods "I have heard tell of how the tips of dragon tails can be different shapes" she mentions, "so it is possible this dragon you mentioned is the one that we need to see about this curse" she suggests, rubbing the back of her neck with a hoof and flicking her ears, "and if not, then maybe he could direct us in the direction we need to go?" she looks around "Gold, is your father's place nearby?" she asks him "or can you possibly find a way to contact him from here?" she wanted to help Gold as much as she could, as she had promised she would help him, but Dream was just so adorable as was her enthusiasm, and Tranquil wanted to help her as well.

• 3 weeks later...

@Inlé,

"Hmmmm," Gold Dust trailed in, "If by 'near by' you mean a town away, I'd say yes. Thankfully though, he is attending the ceremony so I can just ask him on our way back."

"Indeed," Silver Tongue interjected, "Luna is also hosting that very same ceremony so Tranquil  can ask go with Mrs. Dreams and ask your questions while you and I speak with your father."

Things had gotten a bit trickier for Silver Tongue. If all went well, Tranquil could keep Limbo on task, but if one of them asked the wrong question, it could arouse enough suspicion to put an end to his ambitions and seal his fate. Silver Tongue had come so far and gotten so many lucky breaks, but it looks like it'll all hinge yet another gamble. Silver hoped to his lucky stars that Princess Luna isn't as perceptive as she seems.

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil nodded "Well I believe the sooner we find this friend of yours, the sooner we can hopefully get the answers that we need" she says, looking to both Gold and Silver, "Come on Dreams, let us go find Princess Luna so we can ask her the questions you need answered, while Silver and Gold find Gold's father and hopefully get answers to that riddle Salvador gave us" she says.

As they trot back to the castle and find where everypony was, she would look around to see if she could find Luna "Oh I hope she is in a good mood and happy to answer our questions" she says softly.

She'd hold Dream's hoof as they walked, seeing if they could find Luna still, but as they searched, she'd sniff the air "Dreams, does something seem..off to you?" she would ask, looking around somewhat nervously, she couldn't quite put her hoof on it, but something was putting her on edge for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

@Inlé

"Uh, it smells funny?" Limbo said trying to be helpful before continuing confidently, "Don't worry. We aren't dreaming, so we don't have to worry about monsters coming after us."

Limbo Dreams was a little reminded of other dreamers she had seen, and just assumed that ponies that haven't spent as much time sleeping as she did just forgot that they were awake some times. Silver Tongue had once told her that ponies don't normally know when their dreaming, so she guessed that the opposite was true too. Limbo Dreams couldn't imagine how confusing it can be for ponies to not know when their asleep and when they weren't. When she couldn't understand though was how monsters could exist in the real world. The real world just seemed too peaceful for that. She kept an eye out for Luna though on the way over to the castle. You never know when what you're looking for finds you first.

What Tranquil said did bring Limbo's attention back to her horns where the pressure was building up again. How awkward it would be to have another surge put her on edge and motivated her to request, "but, uh, maybe we should pick up the pace anyway."

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@Demencia @ExplosionMare

When Tranquil and Limbo got back to the castle, the party was in full swing. The lights could be seen glowing through the windows of the abnormal architecture in open defiance to the lowering sun. Idle chatter was evident from just outside and some of the catering staff were on their way to rest at a less energetic place before they would have to return to clean up after the guests.

Limbo Dreams, still a little weary from Tranquil's own unease, was relieved to see a familiar face. Limbo completely forgot all about Luna as she trotted up to Granite Rose, "Hey gardener pony! Oh, do you know a pony that uses a weird tail to work?"

Meanwhile, Gold and Silver were heading back as well at a slower pace to accommodate Silver's age. At least, that was what Silver had assumed until Gold spoke up, "So, you've been looking for a way to remove my curse before we meet today."

"Indeed," was Silver's response, "I've been searching ever seance I heard the ring was cursed."

"Wait, you knew?" Gold said raising his voice, "You said you didn't know earlier."

"Shush you fool," Silver said harshly "You need to be a little less trusting of ponies you don't know. That Tranquil doesn't sit well with me. She knows much about the occult, but doesn't have the mind set that would draw ponies in. If I reveal myself as an industrious pony then she could plan around it."

Gold looked back in disbelief, but lowered his voice anyway, "Tranquil? Really? You sure you're not just having a senior moment?"

"When you ask the questions I ask, you get a few enemies. Ponies wanting to keep trade secrets, ponies that would rather blind themselves then understand the forces that threaten us. There are plenty that would see me undone and many that are more than capable of enlisting others to do their dirty work."

"And what about Limbo? You seem a little old to be hanging out with ponies like her."

"She wanted to see the world. Besides, she has spent less than half a decade away from the dream realm. Her dream walking abilities a bit of a curiosity so it is only fair that I indulge her own curiosity."

Gold Dust knew were this was coming from, "Well, anyway, your paranoia is just that. I saw her preform a spell that changed her personality, so you don't have to pretend to be careless around her."

Silver simply continued to trot alongside Gold Dust in silent thought.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Tranquil would sigh but try to ease up a little, if not for Limbo's sake. She'd then go to see if the friend that Limbo had found may have had the answers to the riddle that they sought. She'd look around, and think to herself "A spade like tail?" she'd then narrow her eyes "I know some dragons might have a tail like that...or perhaps some other entity like.." she shakes her head before going over to Gold and Silver "Hello, I've been thinking about that riddle, and I have two answers. One you might like, the other you might not" she says and then looks around "First that came to mind would be that perhaps some dragons might have a tail with a shape of the spade at the tip, the other well...maybe something like an imp or demon." she would say in a somewhat hushed tone so only they could hear that last part, "what do you two think? I mean, it's something and if either of you might know of say either..." she'd trail off as if in deep thought.

@Loud Opinion 

Just as Granite was about to head back outside, a feminine voice called out to him. He turned to the direction of the voice, then quickly turned back around. It was her again! The same pony who kept prying into his business earlier. Granted, she was talking about something completely different this time, but that didn’t mean Thorns wouldn’t get mad about it. Breathing in deeply, he turned to face the mare again to answer her question. He mentally prepared himself for Thorns just in case, then said,

“Oh, yeah, I know him! Blue Thorn, right? Why do you ask?” 

His words came out rushed and he tried desperately to hide it. He wasn’t the stallion to talk sarcastically, even if he was talking to someone he’d rather avoid. He bit his lip, embarrassed by his behavior. He took a deep breath, letting the air pass softly through his nostrils. Though he hated to do it, he locked eyes with the mare. Granite let her respond to him and decided to really listen as compensation for trying to brush her off. Suddenly, the force he had been trying to push back had finally flawed itself to the surface.

Run from her. Go where no one is. Release this pain.

Sweat began to form on Granite Rose’s brow. His ears bent down and his eyes grew wide. The mare would see Thorns again and possibly take Granite away this time. He couldn’t let that happen, especially since he had a really important job to do.

It’s fine, it’s fine! I’ll just take one of my pills, and I’ll be fine! Maybe she won’t talk about it again! Granite thought to himself. He fought to keep himself together for her and the fact he was in public. He couldn’t fall apart here, not when he was at a place he was so fortunate to be invited to.

• Brohoof 2

@Succubusted

Silver Tongue was jostled out of his thoughts when Tranquil trotted up to them. She spoke of extraordinary things; imps and demons were nearly unheard of among the civilized. Even he, with all his wealth and hours he spent searching for rare texts and artifacts, still had found little more than passing mentions here and there. Silver Tongue decided to chalk it up to Tranquil's ability to commune with spirits. Their knowledge of things that were more prevalent in ages past would easily explain Tranquil's knowledge. "I certainly hope not," Silver said grimly, "I don't know where you would even go to find such things."

"They can't be any worse than dragons," Gold Dust chuckled uncertainty.

@ExplosionMare

"Oh, wow!" Limbo exclaimed in her usual whisper-y tone, Granite's haste completely lost on her, "You see their's this pony with a curse, and we need to solve this riddle to undo it and we need to find this special tail to do that." Limbo ended her run on sentence with an expectant smile, but when she finished talking, she noticed the strain on Granite's face with concern. She remembered the things that were projecting from him in understanding. She concluded that, what ever it is, it must be acting up again, though she didn't know why she couldn't seance it from her horns like she could earlier.

"Oh, that's right," Limbo continued to prattle, "You've got that weird thing going on in your head. You know, the thing thing we're looking for could help you with that too. It's this supper curse remover that's supposed to work on anything."

@Loud Opinion Curse remover! Oh boy, that wasn’t going to sit well with Thorns. His eye made a small twitch, for as much as Granite wanted it, magic couldn’t solve his problem. He wanted to tell the mare this, but he knew where this would lead. Images of white rooms with shiny tile floors, IV drips, beeping monitors, and hospital beds appeared in his head. 

He lingered on these thoughts for awhile, then noticed he was trembling. He shook his head slightly and figured it would be best to answer the pony’s question now so we wouldn’t have to stand there for too long.

“Uh, I could help with the curse. Just, uh, let me find somewhere to store this cart first,” he said, scaling the room for possible locations. 

Flee from her. Hide far away. Free the pain.

Granite looked worriedly behind him. Thorns was preparing to be persistent, which would not be helpful in Granite’s current situation. He needed his medicine now, so had to find time to excuse himself. Before he did so, he let the mare inform him on what she wanted him to do.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

"Well yeah, that's what I thought too." Tranquil admitted "the fact that I wouldn't have any idea of where to even start looking for such creatures" she'd finish and sit down on a nearby bench "I mean it isn't unheard of entirely, but I'm not willing to call upon one" she says "And you never know, some dragons can be a bit more agreeable than others" she'd smile at the two "I mean isn't Princess Sparkle friends with the dragons? Well at least, most of them?" she would suggest, her tail swaying a little, "so could it hurt to ask her, or her friend Spike for some insight?" she would ask "and I was also thinking, this is a riddle is it not? It may be a good idea to seek out Zecora, someone who only speaks in riddles, she herself could be a valuable help" 

She would then get up and stretch, her gaze going over to where Limbo was "But perhaps we should also see if Limbo has found anything out as well"

@Loud Opinion @ExplosionMare @Succubusted

The twins were clearly flagging from all the attention. They had only one good nights sleep since their travels started and worse the emotional toll of this was starting to wear on their reserves. The accusations. The odd visitors. It was all a large burden on a pair of fairly young Alicorns. With a small look of desperation Thanos reached out towards Princess Luna mentally. 

" Please princess I dont want to be rude. But we are exhausted and not well trained in diplomatic recovery after my disastrous interactions today...

The young princess for once showed a crack of his true need for guidance. Even his mental voice was wavering as if his mind was as worn as his body currently felt. His sister looked even worse. But only a keen eye could spot it. They were managing a brave and kindly facade for the ponies who genuinely seemed to want to get to know them. 

• Brohoof 1