Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In regards to leaked animatrics/content, how should we regard them in terms of continuity

PhantomInfinite

I thinkI posted this in the wrong forum, so I am putting this here:

So we've seen some leaked animatrics regarding EQG and the show and I was wondering, how should we deal with them continuity wise? Should we treat the events that have happened in them as things that have already happened or coming soon(like episode title descriptions). For example, if an animatric of spike getting wings was leaked, should we say spike has wings now or he's going to get wings.

Hello @PhantomInfinite,

Yes, this is would go here but in the future please ask a mod or admin to move the thread instead of making a new thread. I'll lock your original thread but leave this one here.

Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, PhantomInfinite said:

I thinkI posted this in the wrong forum, so I am putting this here:

So we've seen some leaked animatrics regarding EQG and the show and I was wondering, how should we deal with them continuity wise? Should we treat the events that have happened in them as things that have already happened or coming soon(like episode title descriptions). For example, if an animatric of spike getting wings was leaked, should we say spike has wings now or he's going to get wings.

To address your questions how we handle leaks and spoilers. 

1) Do not post any unaired leaked content in the form of a primary source. No videos, art concepts, animatics, emails, ect. Hasbro will and has contacted us when it find these on the forum. This only includes content Hasbro and DHX has not released themselves. 

2) Leaks can be discussed, but if the topic doesn't have a spoiler tag, you must wrap the content in spoilers. 

Like so

Spoiler

OMG Twilight becomes an Alicorn! 

3) Please also do that if an episode is fairly new (say a few weeks). 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Jeric said:

To address your questions how we handle leaks and spoilers. 

1) Do not post any unaired leaked content in the form of a primary source. No videos, art concepts, animatics, emails, ect. Hasbro will and has contacted us when it find these on the forum. This only includes content Hasbro and DHX has not released themselves. 

2) Leaks can be discussed, but if the topic doesn't have a spoiler tag, you must wrap the content in spoilers. 

Like so

Hide contents

OMG Twilight becomes an Alicorn! 

3) Please also do that if an episode is fairly new (say a few weeks). 

My question is, is leaked content considered canon only until it airs?

5 hours ago, PhantomInfinite said:

My question is, is leaked content considered canon only until it airs?

Well that depends on the leaked content. If a complete episode is leaked obviously it is canon (or will be rather, depending on your point of view). But, concept art would not be because it isn't finished. 

I think it is safe to consider completed unaired content that we know will be aired canon.