Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite childhood call of duty

Angle Alastor

Ok i get everyone hates activision i get it ! , but during your childhood what was your most memorable call of duty game ? , 

for me it was , modern warfare 2 and 3 for playing online and playing it during school time when we have like off day or a party XD

Call of Duty for the most part, really freaking sucks.

But Modern Warfare 2 was actually great aside from the usual downright s****y weapon balancing that all CoD games have, and bumps in the campaign that could have been made a little bit easier. But honestly, that's significantly better than everything that came before (aside from CoD4, that game was decent as well) and after (Black Ops was OKAY, but, honestly, only because it had the best multiplayer in the series hands down, IMO). I really should have played TF2 instead, but unfortunately I didn't get Steam until 2012... What a shame.

Never played Call of Duty as a kid. Never played Call of Duty ever.

But I did play my dad’s Medal of Honor game when I was little. Wasn’t good at it, but I was better than my little brother. Split screen multiplayer mah doods. :D

I'm really old school. Back in my day we weren't playing the fancy new Modern Warfare and Black Ops. I was playing Big Red One(fun fact, this is still my favorite Treyarch CoD)

My favorite childhood Call of Duty was Finest Hour.

I wasn't into Call of Duty at the time though, so my favorite childhood game was Medal of Honor Rising Sun.

58 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Back in my day we weren't playing the fancy new Modern Warfare and Black Ops. I was playing Big Red One

Yes, I love that Call of Duty as well! I only loved Finest Hour more because I didn't have Big Red One at the time.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, ShadOBabe said:

But I did play my dad’s Medal of Honor game when I was little. Wasn’t good at it, but I was better than my little brother. Split screen multiplayer mah doods.

I wonder what Medal of Honor you played, because that was the "Call of Duty" of my childhood. I played that game all the time, more than any Call of Duty at the time.

Those were the good days, when microtransactions were not so expensive and even non-existent in many games. I never had to buy a $50 "DLC" pack on Finest Hour, Big Red One, or Rising Sun to get extra levels of gameplay or cool looking stuff.

27 minutes ago, cpl_dixon said:

COD 3. Sure, it may be considered one of the worst, but it was the only one I beat as a kid and the fond memories I have of it makes it my favorite of my childhood.

CoD3 has its issues, like no PC version, but the MP was solid. Campaign wise it’s nothing special, but i’ll Still take it over Ghosts, BlOps 3 and MW3

4 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I wonder what Medal of Honor you played, because that was the "Call of Duty" of my childhood. I played that game all the time, more than any Call of Duty at the time.

I don’t know if multiple of them had this, but I know you could kill a guy going to the bathroom on a submarine or ship.

I’m also pretty sure I remember you had to run up a beach dodging sentry gun fire coming from bunkers.

5 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I don’t know if multiple of them had this, but I know you could kill a guy going to the bathroom on a submarine or ship.

I’m also pretty sure I remember you had to run up a beach dodging sentry gun fire coming from bunkers.

That is probably "Medal of Honor: Frontline", which seems to have both of your descriptions in it, but it doesn't have split-screen. I played that game as well. It was hard on the first mission because I couldn't get past the bunker on the beachhead, and it took me tons of tries before I was able to complete the game.

11 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

That is probably "Medal of Honor: Frontline", which seems to have both of your descriptions in it, but it doesn't have split-screen. I played that game as well. It was hard on the first mission because I couldn't get past the bunker on the beachhead, and it took me tons of tries before I was able to complete the game.

Maybe I’m thinking of a different game with my brother, but Medal of Honor is the only one I can think of that would fit the bill in our household.

It was local multiplayer, no internet connection, and we were playing on the same console and television. So it had to be split screen.

Hmmm...

I didn't play much Call of Duty when I was young, save for when I played the first Modern Warfare game at my friend's house a few times. It was kind of fun, but it's not really the type of game which I would consistently play.

Edited by Cash In

I'd probably have to go with Call of Duty 2, that was the one that got me into the series. I recently went back to it, to replay the campaign on Veteran, and got through a couple missions before stopping. Also apparently people still play the multiplayer there, and with out sprinting, killstreaks, and bigger maps make the matches more interesting than current CoDs.

Though Black Ops was also one of my favorites, it was the first CoD I played online, and is how I met majority of my online buddies. Some I'm still really close with today.