Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random Childhood memories

Reecejackox

Nothing really comes to mind aside from all the gaming I did... and the massive family get togethers my mother would host. Reminds me of the Apple family reunion. I also remember grabbing my GameCube hosting a Smash Melee tournament during one of those get togethers, it was awesome.

I had memories of taking apart an old washing machine with my father. I was sleeping in bed, and then he came in "Hey let's take apart the washer" to me, there was a loud noise outside, something to do with a garage door. The light in the window was so bright, we went down to the basement and took that washer all apart, I kept the agitator piece of that washer for several years before disposing of it after we moved to our not so nice place in Pennsylvania. 

I used to jump hay ago to hay wagon in the shed. Every time you land, they move farther apart. I'd keep going back and forth until I couldn't make it, which usually meant coming up short and smashing my rib cage or stomach against the edge and folding myself in half. It's a wonder I never broke my back.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Cash In said:

Going on a road trip to New South Wales with my family and playing Pokémon on my DS the entire time :-D.

That is my state I assume you are an Aussie?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

So many memories of my Nintendo DSi in particular. I didn't own very many home consoles as a kid, but I had a PC and a DSi. I absolutely loved both, but the latter takes a  particularly special place in my heart by virtue of taking it with me on memorable road trips and vacations.

I remember plugging in my headphones in the car with my DSi and listening to DragonForce and Disturbed, deriving great enjoyment from the very low quality lossy audio capable of being played back on that device. Got me started on my passion for metal that has expanded quite a bit over the years.

I remember playing my DSi in the hotel room at night while visiting my grandma, sinking into the comfortable armchair while running through some Phantom Hourglass dungeons. Those memories evoke a particular sense of comfort and calm that is difficult to grasp anymore.