Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver nodded and sat at the foot of the bed, leaning over to look at the plans. "But there haven't been any Viper guys, and I didn't see anyone suspicious when I went out."

He smiled at her. "So we're still okay."

• Brohoof 1

"But it's same as with the food, even more so actually." Jenna pointed out "If things go down, we don't have time to plan, and it's dangerous to go around without plans." she took a ruler and seemingly calcutated some distances on the world-map. 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I know," Oliver agreed. "It's good to be prepared. I'm just saying we're still safe and sound."

He leaned over, curious to see what she was doing. "Where are you planning to go if things go wrong?"

• Brohoof 1

"One can never be sure."

"Here." she pointed at a coastal city quite a distance away "There's of course plenty of stops before that, but that's the goal, I'll do more planning there then." when she mentioned the stops, she pointed at few places on the way. "At some point we need to stop somewhere to get you fake IDs and such but that I have to plan with my contact when the time comes."

• Brohoof 1

"At the coast, huh?" Oliver determined, feeling a little relaxed. It was quite a ways away, but not too far. Maybe it would work, if it came to that.

"You're meeting your contact?" he asked. "You've never met before, right? Not face-to-face, anyway."

• Brohoof 1

"No we are not meeting." Jenna corrected "They'll just drop them somewhere, then telling me where, usually in the post office where I can get them with a fake name." "They can also move your money to untraceable bank account when the need arises, so you don't need to worry about becoming moneyless either."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, that's good to know," Oliver said, feeling a little relieved that he wouldn't be penniless should the worst happen. "I guess this contact really values their privacy."

He looked up at the ceiling. "I was sure no one suspicious was following me."

• Brohoof 1

"Privacy is valuable when your life is on the line." Jenna stated nodding. 

"That's good, but it doesn't necessary mean anything." Jenna said nonchalantly "But it can also be a good sign." she suddenly got a text message, she read it and sighed relieved "Good, The Order is out of the problem list."

• Brohoof 1

"That's true," Oliver agreed with a nod. "Explains the name changes and stuff."

He frowned, hoping his little report would make Jenna feel better but it seemed not. Though that text seemed to be good. "How come?"

• Brohoof 1

"They are after someone else." Jenna replied "Most likely another infiltrator." "That's all I know but it's good news regardless, one problem less is always good." she started rolling up the maps and to put them back to the backpack, she seemed a bit stressed.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver noticed the worry on Jenna's face, and he edged closer to her with a smile. "That's good, right? It means they won't be looking for you. You'll be even safer here."

He put his hand near hers, to try and hopefully comfort her.

• Brohoof 1

"Safer isn't good enough." Jenna said sighing, "Nothing is good enough, Talon is still after me." she put her hands on her face and fell on her back on the bed "Why does this suddenly feel so hopeless, I have been doing this for over a month but it's suddenly so hard."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned down at Jenna, feeling a little helpless himself. He wanted to help her feel better, but she was beating herself up so much.

He gently put his hand on her arm. "It's not hopeless. I'll help you any way I can."

• Brohoof 1

"Everyone makes mistakes," Oliver said, "it's just part of life. You just need to learn from your mistakes and use it next time."

He smiled. "Trust me, I make a lot of mistakes. Though you're not involved in any of them."

• Brohoof 1

"But there's difference between mistakes and stupid mistakes." Jenna argued, dropping her hands next to herself, still laying down "I have made mistakes I have already known are mistakes, and with what there is in play, any mistake is bad, because there easily could not be a next time." she sighed again "I envy you Oliver, I envy your ability to stay so positive."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, you don't always learn the first time," Oliver pointed out. "Sometimes you need to make mistakes a few times to properly learn from them."

He smiled and blushed, rubbing the back of his head. "I just try to look on the bright side."

• Brohoof 1

"And that's exactly why I envy you." Jenna repeated "I don't know if it's nature or just me personally, but I don't seem to be able to seek out the positive part of things." she sat up resting her face to her hands "It has been just over a month and I'm already breaking down, how did I ever imagine being able to do this for my whole life, or even until adulthood." she turned to look at Oliver, looking almost desperate "What do I do?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, you don't seem used to having someone with you to help you through something like this," Oliver suggested with a shrug. "Remember you don't need to go through this alone anymore. I'm here to help you through it any way I can. You're not alone anymore."

• Brohoof 1

"What kind of things could you even help me with?" Jenna asked, and it wasn't meant in a insulting way, it was a genuine question "Besides maybe working as guide for the moment we are in this city." Oliver had no experience in this type of life, so naturally Jenna assumed he wouldn't really be capable to help.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver tilted his head. Jenna wanted him to be her guide in the city? He thought she didn't want to go out, but he was more than happy to oblige.

"I can show you around the city, sure," he said with a grin.

• Brohoof 1

"I didn't mean in that way exactly." Jenna corrected with rather careful tone "It's still too risky to go walking around outside in this city." "What I meant is...we need a way out of the city, and public transports are risky to use, so do you know any shortcuts we could use if we we to go on foot, or do you know any place where there's cars or motorbikes but not that much security?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked. He wasn't much of a thief, especially not a carjacker, but he could possibly think of something should the need arise.

"I'll have something ready for if the worst happens," he assured her, "don't worry about it."

Jenna gave a curious look to Oliver, he didn't really give away which one it was, shortcut or a vehicle, but she didn't pressure him about it, because either one was a good start, all that mattered was that they would get outside the city unnoticed, from there she could figure out the rest, since they would have a bit more time. "I'll leave that to you then." she took Oliver's hand into her own "Thank you."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled and held Jenna's hand in his own, glad to hear she seemed to trust him with her safety. "Don't worry," he assured her, "nothing has happened yet, and we haven't done anything to attract attention."

• Brohoof 1