Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are we really near the end/WWIII/apocalypse?

Octavia_Melody2

Hardly. While political tensions still exist in the modern world... it is an unfortunate fact of life that no two governments will ever cooperate fully without influence or subjugation. As of now, there has yet to be a more peaceful time in Earth's history... and with how the modern world operates, I imagine it will stay that way for a while. Simply put, the world is far too interconnected for there to be any true land invasions of major countries.

As for the apocalypse? I cannot say... but even if so, there won't be much we can do to prevent it.

• Brohoof 1

Yea no. Every generation there is some chicken little squawking that the sky is or is about to be falling. The Y2K. The Mayan Calander. Various doomsday cults. A the media and talking heads cry anytime world leaders puff their chests up and saber rattle a bit. In short, everyone is addicted to drama and those that cry the most often know the least about the reality of it. 

Reality is we are living in a time of peace unknown to mankind. Every year living standards, charity, and technological advances go up. Every year violence has gone down* these are all baring the occasional out layer spike before anyone wants to leap in. 

So no we won't see anything like the end of the world as we know it. At least not by any metric we can find or any knowledge that I have from my time in the military 

For those that knock mankind or that claim they would welcome the end well I can say that 

1) You are living first world issues and crying in your luxury so it's laughable that you hate people sooooo much. 

2) You welcome the end? HA! Most people that utter that foolishness have never seen the violence that would be required to bring the end to an animal never mind a person and least of all the entirety of the world. I have seen something of violence and I can tell you most people that make such claims are the first people shouting how bad they want to live rather then doing anything to fix the situation. ( That is true of most people though they cry and whine rather than work to fix stuff ) 

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I cannot wait for World War 3 from which I imagine to be a re-imagining of The Crusades all over again alongside USA, China, and Russia duking each other out. Soo, World War 3: Return of The Crusades.

Massive French Revolutions might occur over the entirety of the Middle East and South Asian countries, where Muslims had enough with their tyrannical rulers/governments and massacring themselves to near oblivion. Especially in Saudi Arabia where the monarchy regime will be overthrown. Then throughout this massive French Revolution, these Muslim Nations would be united after so much bloodshed among themselves which will be an immediate threat for USA and Israel especially. Iran and Israel would provoke each other to attack one another until one of them decides to nuke them to oblivion which would piss the Americans or Russians (since apparently Iran and Russia are allies?) with their interests. Thus, a war between USA and Russia finally. Pakistan and India will do the same shit as Iran and Israel until one of them decides to nuke the other which will again piss off USA and China for their interests. Thus, another war between USA and China.

Long story short:

Indeed it will Jon. Indeed it will.

1 minute ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Massive French Revolutions might occur over the entirety of the Middle East and South Asian countries, where Muslims had enough with their tyrannical rulers/governments and massacring themselves to near oblivion. Especially in Saudi Arabia where the monarchy regime will be overthrown. Then throughout this massive French Revolution, these Muslim Nations would be united after so much bloodshed among themselves which will be an immediate threat for USA and Israel especially. Iran and Israel would provoke each other to attack one another until one of them decides to nuke them to oblivion which would piss the Americans or Russians (since apparently Iran and Russia are allies?) with their interests. Thus, a war between USA and Russia finally. Pakistan and India will do the same shit as Iran and Israel until one of them decides to nuke the other which will again piss off USA and China for their interests. Thus, another war between USA and China.

Lots of conjecture without an ounce of reality to back it up. And I can say having been in the military and seen the stuff behind the curtains yea won't happen. Not like this anyhow. 

2 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Personally, I cannot wait for World War 3 from which I imagine to be a re-imagining of The Crusades all over again alongside USA, China, and Russia duking each other out. Soo, World War 3: Return of The Crusades.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yea this is hilarious. See my last post. I promise your enthusiasm would die the second the first shot popped off. So buy some take the advice given my Dead Pool and wear the brown pants if you ever get your wish. 

Everything I've read and heard over the last few years is that international warfare is dropping. Things get tense here and there, but as a general rule, aggression worldwide is slowly declining. In terms of war, we're probably not going to end ourselves. In terms of the environment on the other hand, there we have a real problem. I don't want to sound like a doom/gloom kind of person, because I don't like to spread negativity as a general rule.. But we are in trouble with the climate, and it's not entirely our own doing. The earth has natural cycles, and some of those can cause major changes to the global climate, even cause mass extinctions. We have a population, the likes of which have never been reached by the human race. I believe we will overcome this change, but I also believe it very probable that there will be a decline in human population as the amount of farm land shrinks from droughts and the inevitable next ice age. Which will likely be long after we're gone, so I'd try not to worry about it much.

That said, it still is important to try not to contribute to the problem. Canada has imposed a carbon tax, which funnels money into green energy research. It's the beginning of our slow decline in fossil fuel use, which hopefully will open the gates for more effective use of energy across the country. The less carbon based fuel, the better.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Lots of conjecture without an ounce of reality to back it up. And I can say having been in the military and seen the stuff behind the curtains yea won't happen. Not like this anyhow. 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yea this is hilarious. See my last post. I promise your enthusiasm would die the second the first shot popped off. So buy some take the advice given my Dead Pool and wear the brown pants if you ever get your wish. 

It’s just as laughable, or in my case depressing, as the assumptions you make about your points which I quote,

18 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

For those that knock mankind or that claim they would welcome the end well I can say that 

1) You are living first world issues and crying in your luxury so it's laughable that you hate people sooooo much. 

2) You welcome the end? HA! Most people that utter that foolishness have never seen the violence that would be required to bring the end to an animal never mind a person and least of all the entirety of the world. I have seen something of violence and I can tell you most people that make such claims are the first people shouting how bad they want to live rather then doing anything to fix the situation. ( That is true of most people though they cry and whine rather than work to fix stuff ) 

Weak and making sweeping blanket statements about people you don’t know nor give a shit kinda makes your points irrelevant to a degree.

For your first point, no it’s not a first world issue, this is a Nation issue where people will eventually get sick and mad beyond frustration against their rulers and their governments (if they’re tyrannical and oppressive, even better) for not evolving. You say 1st world people get to make all these points while enjoying their luxuries, but forget that some of these 1st world people might come from underdeveloped 3rd world countries before they became 1st world people, so their opinions will radically differ from actual legitimate 1st world people. AKA, you don’t know me and I’m fine making that sacrifice about my luxuries when shit goes down. At what point do you assume it is all about hating Humanity when it has to do more with Governments and the nation’s leader doing a poor job taking care of the people and their problems for maintaining Foreign Relations towards other nations properly? I have no problems with Humanity. Only when it succumbs to being oppressed by arrogant scumbags who don’t deserve to be in positions of power in the first place.

For your second point, depressing. Pretty bad and horrifically subjective argument there. What animal do you mean exactly? No need to be too general there. If you mean committing acts of violence of, let’s say a dog, I’m sure China and their Dog Slaughterhouses got you covered for how easy it really is. It’s not hard for Human Beings to commit acts of violence. After all, hasn’t this always hold true when talking about the nature of Humanity on a Global Scale? Human Beings are Unpredictable and Fickle Creatures. So, I just follow the motto of ‘expect the unexpected’ throughout my life till the day I die. Anything wrong with that? Furthermore, I’m going to make my purely subjective assumption just as much as you did that before these people would shout about how badly they want to live, they did try everything in their power to fix the situation. Can you please elaborate a bit on that? Besides, every Human Being wants to live. Unless some of them have a religious belief, in which case, some of them would rather die with dignity than live their life under oppression.

All in all, you missed my points just as much as I did on your points to some degree. I can agree on one thing in your statement that I bolded out for convenience from the first quote box. I’ll just take your word for it since you have military experience, though it would not surprise me in the slightest when there are other people that belong in the military just as much as you who’ll disagree with you. Besides, what part of ‘what I imagine about WW3’ do you not understand in my post? Imagination doesn’t necessarily have to be grounded towards what is actually happening in reality. It’s just my hypothetical imaginary World War 3 scenario.

1 minute ago, ZethaPonderer said:

It’s not hard for Human Beings to commit acts of violence.

This is where you are wrong. Col Lt. Grossman a psychologist and special warfare officer who wrote two books On Killing and On Combat has done the research and this is flat out wrong. People suffer when they commit acts of violence against their fellow man. Most have some form of PTSD from it. Literally only 3% do not suffer some form of mental harm from acts of violence against their follow man. 

5 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

an you please elaborate a bit on that? Besides, every Human Being wants to live

First I mean most people who say they want war have not even seen an animal die up close be let alone a human and forget an entire war. Further, you do not get to claim you want to live and that you can't wait for WW3. Anyone that does is either a liar or delusional to think they would survive or even want to survive after what would happen during such a mass scale war. Because to think " oh I will be the lucky one to survive such a war " is a delusion and to say that you love humanity but want most of them dead is contradictory. To ignore that it would kill most of the people you claim not to hate or that you run the real risk of death is again delusional or deliberate blindness to reality. 

You seemed to have missed the point of my post entirely. The people that want this crap to happen have never seen real raw violence or the aftermath. I've seen the third world and I dont think any sane individual would go " gee I can't wait for most people I know to be dead and my living standards to go right down the toilet. " 
Further, most people whine and do very little else about their situations. Why do I say that? because I see it every day. People give up when it gets hard. The bolder pushes them downhill one too many times and they sit at the bottom and pout. That or the first time the boulder rolls at them they freeze and get splatted and lay in the mud. Very few people go at the boulder until they either grind it to dust or get it up the hill. Most people do not ever really push themselves anymore and our obesity epidemics alone prove that. 

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

This is where you are wrong. Col Lt. Grossman a psychologist and special warfare officer who wrote two books On Killing and On Combat has done the research and this is flat out wrong. People suffer when they commit acts of violence against their fellow man. Most have some form of PTSD from it. Literally only 3% do not suffer some form of mental harm from acts of violence against their follow man. 

First I mean most people who say they want war have not even seen an animal die up close be let alone a human and forget an entire war. Further, you do not get to claim you want to live and that you can't wait for WW3. Anyone that does is either a liar or delusional to think they would survive or even want to survive after what would happen during such a mass scale war. Because to think " oh I will be the lucky one to survive such a war " is a delusion and to say that you love humanity but want most of them dead is contradictory. To ignore that it would kill most of the people you claim not to hate or that you run the real risk of death is again delusional or deliberate blindness to reality. 

You seemed to have missed the point of my post entirely. The people that want this crap to happen have never seen real raw violence or the aftermath. I've seen the third world and I dont think any sane individual would go " gee I can't wait for most people I know to be dead and my living standards to go right down the toilet. " 
Further, most people whine and do very little else about their situations. Why do I say that? because I see it every day. People give up when it gets hard. The bolder pushes them downhill one too many times and they sit at the bottom and pout. That or the first time the boulder rolls at them they freeze and get splatted and lay in the mud. Very few people go at the boulder until they either grind it to dust or get it up the hill. Most people do not ever really push themselves anymore and our obesity epidemics alone prove that. 

Alright, fair enough on your first point. I’ll do some research on that. As for the fact you point out how you believe I missed the point of your post isn’t quite the truth.

You see while it is contradictory from a logical standpoint that some people want what is best for Humanity despite their best and sincerest efforts to fix the situation, when shit goes down it’ll inevitably result in people seeing what is logically contradictory to their beliefs and ideals to be the inevitable truth for their reality. In other words, you’re taking my statements too literally. It’s not that some people are really blind to reality at face value nor they’re delusional about it. It means that such people have lost hope. Hopelessness. The Bane of Humanity’s Survival. Hell, even if WW3 comes about I don’t expect myself to stay alive by then.

You could’ve made your points legit and strong if you would just’ve said “Humanity’s Hopelessness and Pure Self-Interest on a Global Scale will be the day when World War 3 inevitably begins. But as long as Humanity has Hope and make the necessary sacrifices to preserve our ability to survive, it’ll never happen.”

The age old argument of self-interest vs self-sacrifice. Something that my religious institution goes on and on which is what your post symbolizes. Frankly, I’ve become jaded and cynical for how things are going nowadays, so it is a struggle for me to be hopeful for our reality. Still doesn’t stop me from working on it though.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Thank you Jedishy.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, Octavia_Melody2 said:

Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended), but every recent generation seems to have felt that it was the last (WWII, Vietnam, etc.). Seeing how we came dangerously close to nuclear holocaust during the Cold War, does anyone else feel that things could reheat? Are we really on the brink of World War III or a nuclear holocaust? Obviously I'm not saying that I want such things to happen but I do worry. I'm not yet 30 years old and I'd like to live to at least 90 but I can't help but feel that something is looming.

Not to go on a rant, but as  Christian, I was frequently taught about the book of Revelation and Judgement Day and I pretty much have a morose feeling all the time and wonder about how things will really turn out.

Take it from a sailor, we are no where near a war. Why? Global Economies. I can, and have, go into a multiple hour long discussion about this, but I don't have time right now. Plus every single nuke in the world is in an extremely rusted out state it will take a miracle to get them flying. America's nukes launches on Floppy Disks (Look those up youngsters, they're decades old.)

Basically though if any major nation tries to declare war on another major nation, their economies would crash and burn within HOURS and revolution will be in a matter of days. America almost had a civil war over our involvement in Vietnam, due to the draft and the taxes needed to pursue it. No politician in their right minds would go to war with another major power. It would be political suicide.

It will never happen. The world will end due to the environment, not because of a nuclear holocaust.

I have quite a bit of doubt we're near the end - WW3 is unlikely to happen due to the nuclear deterrent and M.A.D., and the earth isn't due to become uninhabitable for another 500 million years or so.