Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"You live this way your whole life because you chose to! Now here you are taking advantage of the princesses. You pretend all that treasure belongs to you, but you know that isn't true. It belongs to the Equestrian government."

He went on with making his point.

"You lay in someone else's treasure because you are too weak to go find your own! You act all big and bad, but deep down you are weak!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
This time the guards insult had hit a nerve, and it was really close that she didn't burst out of her disguise and charge the pony, her eyes changed to resemble her reptile ones and her voice changed closer to her dragon form "You dare to call me weak you insect!?" she had stopped walking and stared at the guard "I could destroy you without a flinch if I so chose!" "Only reason we are still talking is because unlike that princess of yours, I honor a deal!" "And I assure you, if any of you hoofed plant-eaters decide to break that deal, you will see how strong I really am."

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus didn't even flinch, but by the look in his eyes, it was easy to tell that Somnus wouldn't hesitate to fight if he needed to.

"This here proves my point. You are angry because you know it is true."

A blue unicorn in Solar Royal Guard armor showed up.

"When did one of those shapeshifting dragons get here? Should I take it down with one of my enchanted weapons?"

"It's fine Arrow, there will be no need for that."

Arrow took Somnus's spear and gave him one of his enchanted spears.

"Just in case."

Then Arrow walked off to continue his job.

"As I was saying, if it weren't true, my words wouldn't bother you."

@Lucid_Nightlight

Ruby wasn't scared of enchanted weapons, because though they were able to ho through her defences, it would take more than two ponies to take her down. "No, they bother me because they are coming from lunch sized meatbag." "I regonize if I'm too weak to do something, that's why I left my homeland in the first place." "The problem is not that there is creatures stronger than me, it's that creature like you thinks they're can be even compared."

@Catpone Cerberus

"We meatbags are the reason why are the reason why you are even here. If it were not for us, you'd be nothing."

Somnus saw how she wanted to end him, but he knew how that would go for her.

"Wanna try and take me down? Go ahead, do it. Even if you did somehow get through me, your fate would be sealed. You'd be in a dungeon, dead, or starving in your homeland."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You couldn't be more wrong if you tried to." Ruby said "If you weren't here, all the stuff from the treasury would be somewhere else, and I would be able to steal it." "In fact, you hold me back, because even if you are unimpressive at best as creatures, the magic you have is a force to be reckoned with." "Without magic you're nothing, just a prey animal like any other." she was back to her nonchalant tone and her eyes and voice had returned to their pony forms "Which brings me to your instigation." "Though I would be more than happy to add you to my menu for today, which wouldn't be too much of a problem, there is no point in doing it." "I may be....like you said it, barbaric, but I'm in no way an idiot, and I'm fully aware that I would be eventually be taken down by the magic." "Not only that, I have no reason to do it yet, after all, the deal hasn't been broken yet."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus saw that he was taking things too far. This was a horrible way of handling the situation.

"Ok, I apologize. That was a little overkill."

Somnus was not afraid of her, he simply thought he was wrong to insult her. Even though Somnus found her to be a bit stubborn, he still cared enough to try and help her see another way of looking at things.

"There's another side to life that you are missing. You've not seen it because you have never looked for it. I can show you a life better that laying around and waiting for food."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just grunted in very dragon like manner at the guard's apology, he hadn't exactly gained respect from her by insulting her like that, but she decided to not return to the treasury yet, but she would if the pony continued to insult her. 

"You're free to try, even if it's most likely waste of time, after all, both of us have more than enough time to spare." "But could we eat before all that nonsense? since we were supposed to be heading for a lunch before you started insulting me."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ok, there's a cafeteria for the guards somewhere around here. I think it's hayburgers and marshmallow day, so I don't know if you are able to eat that or not. Well, there is that purple dragon that Princess Twilight has, I think I've seen him eat a hayburger once or twice, though he prefers gems for some weird reason, seriously they don't even taste like anything. I know this because I choked on an emerald a couple months ago and Arrow had to punch me a bunch of times so I could cough it up."

He continued talking as they walked.

"There was another time when I mistaken a horseshoe for a banana. Another time I've mistaken poison ivy for an apple and this Zebra has to give me some weird potion after that because it. Then there was this one time that I didn't eat anything bad, but I threw this boomerang, it never came back and now I live in constant fear."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I can eat pretty much anything but only meat keeps me alive, and it isn't a surprise that your caffeteria doesn't serve meat, that's why I have my own." Ruby said pointing at her saddlebags. "And finally we can agree on something, I don't understand why local dragons eat gems either." she ignored rest of what the guard said, because she didn't really care about ponies making fools of themselves. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Who gets your meat anyway? Is it Celestia or some guy appointed by her? Or do you get your own meat? Also, what animal is it fr-"

Somnus didn't have much time to finish what he was saying when a boomerang hit him right in the back of the head. It has finally returned.

"1,490 years! It took 1,490 years for this thing to come back. Who would've guessed?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just looked slightly surprised by the sudden boomerang, she didn't really care if it was an attempt in a prank or if through some odd magic the thing had actually been flying for as long as the guard claimed, she always enjoyed seeing someone getting hit by something, but she still didn't comment on it, and instead just replied to the question. "I actually told you the answer earlier, I don't know." "Celestia has arranged it, but I don't know where or what it is." "All I know is that it's not pony or rabbit."

@Catpone Cerberus

The Lunar Guard couldn't help but find this rather stange. Why would anyone eat something if they have no idea what they are eating?

"You'd think they'd tell you what you're eating. I'm pretty sure there are laws about that. For all you know, it could be dragon or worse... spam. Whatever the case may be, it's rather unsettling."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Meat is meat, no matter where it's from." Ruby pointed out "But I think it's a stretch to even think that it could be from dragon, I really doubt the princess would risk lives of ponies like that when there is plenty of safer options." "I guess they could tell me if I asked, but I have never bothered to since it doesn't really matter to me."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe it's beef? I doubt it'd be something sentient like a ponyor griffin, I mean if it were, I'd have a strongly worded chat with princesses, but of course they'd never do anything like that."

Somnus thought for a moment about what it could be.

"Maybe it's fish! I've seen ponies fishing to feed certain pets."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Your first suggestion is more likely." Ruby said thoughtfully "It sometimes comes in bigger chunks than any fish I know to exists, and really, why would it even be in pieces if it was fish, since they could just bring the whole fish." "And if I'm not mistaken, fish isn't red." she shrugged "But why do you even care really?" "It's not like effects you in any way."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I have noticed that." "It has almost driven me to insanity few times, everypony wanted to know everything about my fabricated history." Ruby replied sounding almost frustrated about it "It was fine at the start but it was getting really tiresome when everyone I spoke more than few words with wanted to know the same things." "That pink pony especially, I can't understand how any of you can endure her more than a second."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Kinda like when I forgot my helmet and everyone asked about where it is. One can only take the same question so many times."

When Ruby mentioned the pink pony, he replied pretty quick

"You must be referring to Pinkie Pie, she has a habit of asking a whole lot of questions. Usually she does it so fast that you have no idea what she is saying."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"So you understand what it is like. " Ruby kept a short pause "Now imagine you're confused and hungry dragon." "That's how I felt when I first came here." "Actually, let's put it this way, you are hungry and...let's say hayburger walks to you and starts asking where are you from, that's what it was like."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby shook her head slowly "You ponies....why am I even trying with you." she didn't know if the guard was purposely being wiseguy or if he ready didn't get what she was trying to say, but it annoyed her regardless, "How far the cafeteria is? I'm getting very close to just having someones head for a lunch."

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus went to get in line and soon came back with a hayburger, fries, soft drink, and a big bag of marshmallows.

"So, what do you do besides sleeping on treasure and eating anyone who annoys y-"

Somnus suddenly stopped what he was saying and threw his lunch tray at a guard who was walking by.

"YOU STAMPCRAB! THAT'S FOR INSULTING MY HAMSTER YESTERDAY!"