Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus entered the infirmary, where a red unicorn saw the two all messed up.

"Ok, we definitely need to get you two looked at. Especially you Somnus, you look as if a dragon snapped your leg or something."

The unicorn looked at Ruby.

"You look like some idiot put a rock on a stick and hit you with it a bunch of times."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ok, I will take a look at Somnus. After that, I'm still required to take a look at your injuries... whoever you are."

The unicorn looked at Somnus' leg.

"Yep, that's broken. Seriously, the bone is broken in half."

His horn glowed real quick and stopped. Nothing visible seemed to happen.

"I don't think that did anything."

"The spell put some nails in your leg so the bone could heal properly. All you need now is a cast."

He started putting some kind of cast on Somnus and told a small story to Ruby.

"A while back, some guy got his leg all messed up, so it had to replaced. I replaced the dude's leg, but I replaced the wrong one twice. Some other doctor had to come in and replace the actual leg. Anyway, that's how I lost my medical license."

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

The doctor finished Somnus' cast.

"I still gotta look you over."

She looked over Ruby.

"Obviously one of those dragons. Alright, I got just the thing."

She reached into a cabinet and looked around, throwing things out to find what she was looking for. She threw out some medical stuff, a chainsaw, and Arrow's new kitten. Somnus picked up the cat.

The doctor pulled out a giant needle.

"This will help with pain."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby wasn't fazed by the needle, though she questioned the need for bigger needle since even though she needed more and stronger medicine than ponies, her pony-form's skin wasn't any harder than normal pony's. Sure she found needles annoying like she had said, but like she stated, it wasn't because she was scared of the or anything, she just didn't like the reminder of how weak the pony-form was to be penetrated by something so small. "Just get it out of the way so I can get back to the treasury"

@Catpone Cerberus

She put the needle in her front hoof and took it out after half a second.

"Back to the treasury? I'd recommend going back to guard duty in three days. As for you Somnus... you're out for 6 months. Usually I'd give a list of places you can't go, but the princesses made am exception for you considering how long you've been around. And if I remember correctly, you gotta give a tour of the castle for some kids on some sort of field trip."

The door opened and some guard walked in. He seemed to be a high rank and was working for Celestia's guards.

"Ruby! I'm told that you weren't talking to Princess Luna properly earlier. As punishment, you will be helping Somnus give a tour."

Somnus looked a bit smug when he heard that.

"See what happens when you step out of line? Being a dragon doesn't make you immune to the rules."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"A real brat that princess of yours." Ruby said coldly "Though I do have to wonder what the thought process of someone was, putting someone to give a tour as punishment for being a jerk." "It's not like I'm any friendlier to anyone else, especially now that I'm injured." and honestly, Ruby didn't know enough to give a tour, she had never really bothered exploring the castle, she looked at Somnus, who hadn't actually introduced himself yet, so Ruby didn't know who Somnus was "And who the hay is Somnus?" she hadn't really listened what the unicorn had said, so she had also missed the part about the bat-guard being the one giving the tour, aka being Somnus.

@Catpone Cerberus

The kitten started purring for some reason. Somnus still had no clue why they do that. As for her considering it a punishment because it was with him... he had something to say about that.

"You're just mad because I was actually able to do damage to you, which I'm guessing you are not use to. Also, I was totally going to win that fight."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Don't flatter yourself, I didn't like you before either if you remember." Ruby pointed out "And you don't seem to like me either, so we are even." she didn't seem to mind the purring cat on her head "But you're right that I'm mad, I'm mad because I have to follow you showing the castle to some random ponies when I should be in my real form resting my broken wing."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Who says I don't like you? I like you... in a FRIENDLY way, so don't get any ideas! Seriously though, if I hated you, I would've left you alone in the treasury. The only reason I resort to threats is because by your words and actions you make me think you might do something dangerous to yourself and others around you. When I told you your flaws and called you weak? When I tried to prove my points? While these are not things you wanted to hear, they are things you needed to hear."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Neither was I many years ago. I was just like you once. I would lay around hating the world, and being full of greed. I was a colt back then. The only reason I'm not like that today is because of a friend I once had. Of course, she is long gone, but she's why I've become who I am now."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"We are still talking about two different species." Ruby pointed out "We both may be called Dragons, but we are not the same creatures." "As for few examples why...." "My kind doesn't have a leader, like the Equestrian kind does, we are carnivores, while they eat gems, and we walk on four legs only, while they can and usually do walk on two."

@Catpone Cerberus

"I don't think your outlook on life has anything to do with you being a dragon, I think it's more about the environment you've grown up in. Take lizards for example. A wild lizard will think everyone and everything is trying to eat them while a domesticated one thinks everyone wants to feed them. Same species, different environment. This is a similar case with birds, hamsters, and every other species in the world. Your species is no different. If someone who was your species of dragon was born and raised in Equestria, they would be nothing like the way you are."

He continued with what he was saying.

"I understand that the mentality where you think everyone is out to get you has been nailed into your head, but what you don't seem to realize is that no one is out to get you here. You claim that no one likes you, but that's because you don't let anyone like you."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I don't disagree that environment effects how creature acts, but there is also things that are with us since birth." Ruby pointed out "For my kind, it's greed and aggressiveness, those things are present the moment we take our first breaths." "Sure you could teach us to not steal and to act nice, but we would still be greedy and temperamental." she shrugged "Besides, I don't think everyone is out to get me, I just have seen that those who don't hate me based on me being a dragon, usually hate me because I don't agree with your social norms." "For example this whole mess with the princess, I don't care how many times or how they punish me, I. Will. Not. Bow to them based on the fact that you call them princess." "I won't respect someone because I'm supposed to based on your norms, you will have to earn my respect."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright, we can figure this out later, right now we gotta give some kids a tour of the castle. They were gonna have Flash Magnus give the tour, but he's busy with other things. Honestly, I have no idea why they like him so much. All he did was run away from a couple dragons. He didn't even fight them! The rest of the legion put the dragons in a storm, but Flash Magnus only ran away from them to lure them or something, how is running from something considered impressive?"

"Anyway, we should head to the front of the castle, I think they are waiting for us."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I wonder how things are impressive to you every day." Ruby remarked, she didn't see it as anything amazing that the ponies were able to defeat Equestrian dragons, after all, they did it in groups using weapons, weather and magic, there was nothing impressive about that. When Somnus said where they should head, Ruby pointed up with her hoof "What do I do with the cat?" the cat was still on her head purring. 

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

"We'll just bring that cat with us. I don't really trust the doctor to take good care of it and Arrow lets the cat walk around the castle, similar to how I am with Fluffball."

The tiny kitten hopped down and knocked a few glass cups off the counter then went right back over to Ruby. Somnus got up started to head to the front of the castle.

"Well, let's go."