Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon walked off, probably to go get the cake.

"So, you seriously didn't know shiny food existed?"

"I wouldn't necessary say that." Ruby replied "I just have never thought that they could be a thing." "It has never crossed my mind, because I don't really think that much about food, only enough to make sure I have it."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wouldn't necessary say that." Ruby replied "I just have never thought that they could be a thing." "It has never crossed my mind, because I don't really think that much about food, only enough to make sure I have it."

The dragon came out with a shining cake. It looked golden.

"I almost put gems in it until I realized the sense was a little different. It's not often that you kind shows up in Equestria."

28 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon came out with a shining cake. It looked golden.

"I almost put gems in it until I realized the sense was a little different. It's not often that you kind shows up in Equestria."

"I'm surprised has been common enough for you to know there is my kind." Ruby simply replied, it always surprised her when there was someone who recognized her to be different kind, but she started to think that Celestia has to have told to the public about her kind being a thing that exists, since she knew for sure that there hadn't been any of her kind openly visiting Equestia for at least few centuries. She didn't know about the time before that.

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm surprised has been common enough for you to know there is my kind." Ruby simply replied, it always surprised her when there was someone who recognized her to be different kind, but she started to think that Celestia has to have told to the public about her kind being a thing that exists, since she knew for sure that there hadn't been any of her kind openly visiting Equestia for at least few centuries. She didn't know about the time before that.

"I've been to all kinds of places. I've even come across your kind before."

Fluffball crawled out of Somnus' saddlebag.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've been to all kinds of places. I've even come across your kind before."

Fluffball crawled out of Somnus' saddlebag.

"I see." Ruby replied, she wasn't interested in conversation, she just said it avoid complains from Somnus, since she didn't have patience to hear how rude she was being at the moment. Calti looked at Fluffball from top of Ruby's head, but other than curiously observing what the hamster was doing, she didn't do anything interesting. 

10 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I see." Ruby replied, she wasn't interested in conversation, she just said it avoid complains from Somnus, since she didn't have patience to hear how rude she was being at the moment. Calti looked at Fluffball from top of Ruby's head, but other than curiously observing what the hamster was doing, she didn't do anything interesting. 

The dragon walked away to do her job.

"So, what is it that you hate about being feared?"

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragon walked away to do her job.

"So, what is it that you hate about being feared?"

"I don't hate being feared." Ruby replied "I hate ponies saying I should not judge all of you based on what most of you do, while they do that exact thing to me." "I hate those who say one thing, but dot the opposite." "Though I do hate the smell of fear, it's not good.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't hate being feared." Ruby replied "I hate ponies saying I should not judge all of you based on what most of you do, while they do that exact thing to me." "I hate those who say one thing, but dot the opposite." "Though I do hate the smell of fear, it's not good.

Somnus had a pretty curious look.

"What does fear smell like?"

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus had a pretty curious look.

"What does fear smell like?"

"I can't describe it fully, but it's acrid smell." Ruby explained "Nothing else I can really say, there is those who enjoy the smell, but I'm not one of them." she was expecting Somnus to grab the cake to take with them, since he could carry it with a wing, while she would have to carry it in her mouth, which made talking rather challenging.

35 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can't describe it fully, but it's acrid smell." Ruby explained "Nothing else I can really say, there is those who enjoy the smell, but I'm not one of them." she was expecting Somnus to grab the cake to take with them, since he could carry it with a wing, while she would have to carry it in her mouth, which made talking rather challenging.

Somnus grabbed a nearby cart and put the cake in it.

"If you think this is weird, you should see what the two legged creatures do."

Suddenly some unicorn came over and spoke up. He seemed to have a country accent and he was wearing a cowboy hat.

"The two legged creatures? Where I come from, the proper term is humans. That cake of yours is pretty normal compared to what we make. Ever tried fried pickles, ice cream, or basically anything else that should not be fried?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus grabbed a nearby cart and put the cake in it.

"If you think this is weird, you should see what the two legged creatures do."

Suddenly some unicorn came over and spoke up. He seemed to have a country accent and he was wearing a cowboy hat.

"The two legged creatures? Where I come from, the proper term is humans. That cake of yours is pretty normal compared to what we make. Ever tried fried pickles, ice cream, or basically anything else that should not be fried?"

"I actually don't think it's weird." Ruby simply replied.

She looked at the unicorn disapprovingly, but didn't say anything, she didn't like when ponies came to talk to her without her asking to, especially when they talked nonsense, though she agreed on the part about calling the creatures two legged creatures, since she had seen plenty of two legged creatures outside Equestria, and even Equestrian dragons technically were two legged since some of them moved upright. 

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I actually don't think it's weird." Ruby simply replied.

She looked at the unicorn disapprovingly, but didn't say anything, she didn't like when ponies came to talk to her without her asking to, especially when they talked nonsense, though she agreed on the part about calling the creatures two legged creatures, since she had seen plenty of two legged creatures outside Equestria, and even Equestrian dragons technically were two legged since some of them moved upright. 

"So, who are you anyway?"

"My name is Lone Star."

Lone Star looked at Ruby.

"You don't seem very happy."

"She tends to be that way sometimes, and by that... I mean all the time. Just don't antagonize her, and you'll probably live."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So, who are you anyway?"

"My name is Lone Star."

Lone Star looked at Ruby.

"You don't seem very happy."

"She tends to be that way sometimes, and by that... I mean all the time. Just don't antagonize her, and you'll probably live."

"What he said." Ruby only said, she had nothing to say to this unicorn, so she just blinked at him, waiting for him to either leave or do and or say something worth her attention. If this pony was trying to find kindness, he was in the wrong place.

10 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What he said." Ruby only said, she had nothing to say to this unicorn, so she just blinked at him, waiting for him to either leave or do and or say something worth her attention. If this pony was trying to find kindness, he was in the wrong place.

"Well, I reckon we all have problems that need a little work."

Lone Star walked off to do whatever he feels like doing.

"So, how many inches of steel would it take to be as durable as dragon scale?"

It was a random question, but Somnus was pretty curious.

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I reckon we all have problems that need a little work."

Lone Star walked off to do whatever he feels like doing.

"So, how many inches of steel would it take to be as durable as dragon scale?"

It was a random question, but Somnus was pretty curious.

"No idea, those things aren't really something I have bothered to figure out." Ruby simply replied "Besides, it doesn't work like that, they are harder than steel, and steel is steel no matter how much of it there is."

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"No idea, those things aren't really something I have bothered to figure out." Ruby simply replied "Besides, it doesn't work like that, they are harder than steel, and steel is steel no matter how much of it there is."

"I'm guessing your strengths lie in durability then."

Somnus didn't have a reason for talking about this, he just had nothing better to do.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

42 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm guessing your strengths lie in durability then."

Somnus didn't have a reason for talking about this, he just had nothing better to do.

"We are quite durable yes." Ruby nodded "As long as our vitals fork and at least few bones are intact, we keep fighting." "And more injured we are, angrier we get, so you may in some situations make your own situation worse by injuring us."

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We are quite durable yes." Ruby nodded "As long as our vitals fork and at least few bones are intact, we keep fighting." "And more injured we are, angrier we get, so you may in some situations make your own situation worse by injuring us."

Somnus walked over to their cabin with the cake.

"So, how did you learn about Equestria?"

Somnus walked over to their cabin with the cake.

"So, how did you learn about Equestria?"

"I read about it after learning your language." Ruby replied "The information was bit outdated, but you ponies haven't changed in culture or appearance that much with time so it wasn't that big of a problem."

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I read about it after learning your language." Ruby replied "The information was bit outdated, but you ponies haven't changed in culture or appearance that much with time so it wasn't that big of a problem."

"What did you do before guarding the treasury?"

Fluffball looked up at Somnus.

"What is it with you and peanuts?"

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"What did you do before guarding the treasury?"

Fluffball looked up at Somnus.

"What is it with you and peanuts?"

"Tried to figure out the easiest way to get treasure." Ruby replied "I tried stealing, seducing, work, everything I could come up with, but it was annoyingly slow gain due the fact that I had to make sure I didn't get caught."

She hummed amused at the hamster wanting more food.

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Tried to figure out the easiest way to get treasure." Ruby replied "I tried stealing, seducing, work, everything I could come up with, but it was annoyingly slow gain due the fact that I had to make sure I didn't get caught."

She hummed amused at the hamster wanting more food.

Somnus took a peanut out of his saddlebag and gave it to Fluffball.

"How long did it take until you were fully convinced to guard the treasury?"

59 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus took a peanut out of his saddlebag and gave it to Fluffball.

"How long did it take until you were fully convinced to guard the treasury?"

"Not long actually." Ruby replied "The deal was accepted in the same day they offered it to me." "Of course I didn't just blindly accept it and gave my own opinions about what there should be, but I'm pretty easy to negotiate with if you don't think you can fool me."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not long actually." Ruby replied "The deal was accepted in the same day they offered it to me." "Of course I didn't just blindly accept it and gave my own opinions about what there should be, but I'm pretty easy to negotiate with if you don't think you can fool me."

"I didn't expect you to be one to negotiate."

Perhaps he should've expected it though. Negotiation can be useful.

"I didn't expect you to be one to negotiate."

Perhaps he should've expected it though. Negotiation can be useful.

"Of course I negotiate, if something is to be done peacefully, you have to make a deal, and no creature is stupid enough to accept a deal where they gain nothing." Ruby pointed out "And before you even mention it, I was only interested in peaceful solution because I knew I would eventually lose in a fight."