Henry Cavill apparently out as Superman in the DCEU

TheAnimationFanatic

According to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, Henry Cavill has been ousted as Superman amid a shake up at Warner Bros.

Hollywood Reporter article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306

Variety Article:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/henry-cavill-exits-superman-dc-universe-1202938050/

Your thoughts?

I haven't seen any of their films so it doesn't concern me really. Sucks for superman fans though. Maybe if they had taken their time with the franchise like Marvel did then I would've gotten onboard but at this point I feel like most decisions they make will come back to hurt them with exception to the Wonder Women sequel.

• Brohoof 1

So they wanted to remove superman because of supergirl the age /time conflict? They should realized that they could work on her origin without removing superman out of equation.  

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

Looks like the DCEU has finally collapsed.  It really was only a matter of time.  Outside of Wonder Woman and its sequel, and maybe Shazam, not much will be missed.

The DCEU began forming cracks when Batman V Superman came out, Justice League was when the cracks began to spread.

But seriously, I feel like all of this is going to make for a great documentary or book.

2 hours ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

The DCEU began forming cracks when Batman V Superman came out, Justice League was when the cracks began to spread.

But seriously, I feel like all of this is going to make for a great documentary or book.

"How not to make a Cinematic Universe"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, This Whomps said:

"How not to make a Cinematic Universe"

I think the only other good cinematic universe are the kaijus, even thought they are playing it safe considering it’s handful of films

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

The MCU played it relatively safe in the beginning, and it worked for them just fine.

But the MCU launched a film in phase 1 a year at least, but we only got 2 films so far from the kaijus 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

There was a two year gap between The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Iron Man 2.

Yeah, but wasn’t  Iron Man 1 released the same year as Hulk? Also, I think Thor and Cap America where released rather close before Avengers

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Looks like the DCEU has finally collapsed.  It really was only a matter of time.  Outside of Wonder Woman and its sequel, and maybe Shazam, not much will be missed.

The DCEU has great potential with Batman v Superman but they screwed that up. They could never do a death of Superman movie after that. Firing Henry was the final nail in the coffin. No one will care about aquaman or Wonder Woman now. WB should cut their loses and stick with making TV shows. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

The DCEU has great potential with Batman v Superman but they screwed that up. They could never do a death of Superman movie after that. Firing Henry was the final nail in the coffin. No one will care about aquaman or Wonder Woman now. WB should cut their loses and stick with making TV shows. 

Wonder Woman will be just fine. Aquaman and Shazam probably won't be affected by this either.

Post-Shazam? That's a lot harder to predict....

• Brohoof 2

Henry was canned so they could do a supergirl movie which makes zero sense since she has a TV show. Rumor was that Superman was going to be in Shazam but that didn’t happen. With Ben gone, they need replacements for Batman and Superman to do another justice league movie. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Henry was canned so they could do a supergirl movie which makes zero sense since she has a TV show. Rumor was that Superman was going to be in Shazam but that didn’t happen. With Ben gone, they need replacements for Batman and Superman to do another justice league movie. 

And that's assuming they'll even make another Justice League movie anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Well, as always im just excited to see the next Superman Actor and wonder where the franchise will be going next. I actually like most DCEU Movies, i loved Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, i liked Wonder Woman and Justice League and i only really disliked Suicide Squad, so of course im also a bit sad if the current universe gets cancelled, but since most comic book fans dislike the current Cinematic Universe, im fine with a new try, to please more fans.

Whatever they will do next, i will watch it anyway.

22 hours ago, Nanotek said:

Well, as always im just excited to see the next Superman Actor and wonder where the franchise will be going next. I actually like most DCEU Movies, i loved Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, i liked Wonder Woman and Justice League and i only really disliked Suicide Squad, so of course im also a bit sad if the current universe gets cancelled, but since most comic book fans dislike the current Cinematic Universe, im fine with a new try, to please more fans.

Whatever they will do next, i will watch it anyway.

Would you at least agree that hiring Zack Snyder to set up the DCEU may have lead to this turmoil?

• 4 years later...