Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted I swear, this was an accident...

Ganaram Inukshuk

Spoiler

mlpfim_kirin_pie_minimal_colour_pdn_effects.thumb.png.ea494616c7d683a9ea75820152e8c510.png

mlpfim_kirin_pie_minimal_colour.thumb.png.503f332c753d5b9604c71418982e7922.png

This was supposed to be a family of images, but then while I was trying to incorporate shading, this happened.

Two things:

1. I was already experimenting with a way of adding extra depth to my flat design images by taking them into Paint.NET, duplicating the background layer, applying noise and Gaussian blur, and changing the opacity of the duplicate layer so that it creates a subtle blur effect, hence the upper image.
  2. I accidentally created a super-minimal colour system that relies on two pairs of opposing colours (here, red-vs-green and blue-vs-yellow) hence the lower image.

Here are the questions and this is where I'm specifically asking for critique:

1. How did I do with and should I continue with the blur-glow effect? Without noise, this is doable in Inkscape.
  2. How did I do with and should I also further experiment with opposing/complementary colour pairs that are not necessarily the primary character's colour(s)? This only works here because I can parse Pinkie Pie's silhouette against the flat design blooby-blob effect and dark-vs-light and whatnot.