Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you swear/in front of who?

Octavia_Melody2

I've gone all over the place throughout the years :derp:. My parents were/are pretty strict about that sort of thing and to this day, I don't think I've sworn more than a handful of times at home (even if, in the right mood, they can go off :please: ). Friends are a different story. I swore like a sailor in middle school because all my friends did, and it became a habit. I kicked the habit when I drifted apart from those friends and decided I shouldn't be modeling my behavior off others' so much. And now I live in a house full of Christian boys, so I'm hardly encouraged to go back to old ways :lol:

That said, I still swear a decent amount depending on who I'm around. Sometimes when I'm angry and sometimes when I'm very relaxed and comfortable around the person I'm spending time with. Like Stellafera said above, it can get funny reactions from people who aren't used to it ^_^. If I'm swearing around you, it usually means I like you a lot and you make me feel at ease :)

Oh, and online I'll often do the "#$$#ing ^$%#" mode of swearing because it makes me feel like a character in a newspaper cartoon :D

• Brohoof 1

When I was in my early teens, I swore very rarely. As I grew older, I started swearing a lot more frequently with my friends (Ireland, so it's pretty common) but not with my parents. Over time, especially when I reached 18, I started swearing around them. Since then, I swear a healthy amount (once every few sentences or so. Healthy for Ireland ;) )  in whatever company, unlesss they become offended or I know they would be offended :3

• Brohoof 1

Ive grown up with Russian/Japanese parents who were not the most modest when it came to swearing (at least once every 3 sentences). And when my parents got mad at eachother, they would swear in their respective languages (my mother in Japanese, and my father in Russian). So I grew up thinking it was normal to swear that much. I usually say S**t and F*****g to emphasize things. However, when I am truly mad, I usually rage hardcore in Russian or Japanese with swearwords-o-plenty. 

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED

I only swear when I'm quoting something (to emphasize the comedy of the quote) or I'm angry. Strangely enough, I haven't used the f--- word once in my life. 

I don't particularly appreciate swearing, but I've grown to tolerate it as long as nobody is a sailor mouth.

In my mind or when alone, all the time. :P

In-person, around people I know, I'll swear every so often. Around people I don't know, not so much.

Online, I don't swear a lot unless I'm trying to express anger/frustration, or trying to put emphasis on something, provided it's appropriate.

• Brohoof 1

I swear a lot, but only to myself.  Well, maybe a little if the person I'm with isn't a Mormon and there is no possible way they could tell my mother.  Good god, that sounds childish.  I swear, I'm nineteen, and I don't live at home, I'm just way wary of my scary Mormon mother.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I swear quite often. Mainly because I don't give a shizz... (I didn't swear there!). I don't swear in front of children, of course. But, when talking to my friends I do use the word "fuck" and "shit", but if it's towards a person I don't like, I swear even more. As usually insulting swear words. 

I admit that I swear A LOT.

I probably swear the most in my head. However, I swear constantly around friends IRL and in places online without vulgarity restrictions. I swear moderately on this website and never around my parents or in any situation/environment that would make it completely inappropriate. 

I honestly don't give a fuck about swearing itself, but I do have moral problems with hatefully-derived language such as racial slurs and the like. Also, any word can be used hatefully, even words that aren't considered vulgar like "stupid" or "idiot." I think using any word hatefully is a problem, regardless of whether or not it's allowed in a PG-13 movie.

Of course, I've used words hatefully many times. To err is human, eh? I try not to do this and hope to continue improving, but sometimes it's hard not to when frustrations start piling up exponentially.

I swear all the time, with every possible one except the one we in the Netherlands find most offensive, and that has less to do with being offended about than having grown to despise the word itself. For the record, here we swear using diseases. The swears English-speaking countries use are all quite mild around here.

The one thing I hate worse than swearing with cancer (which is by far the most offensive swear we have here) is the people who do it, but use street slang euphemisms for it. If you're gonna say it, at least f*****g say it, don't use euphemisms like a little b***h. <- these words were pre-censored by me, because I have no clue if this place has a word filter.

I swear all the damn time. Not at work or anything, but my friends and I don't have any hang-ups. The quicker you break the barriers down the less time you have to worry about things like "oh, is this person okay with this?" and other such social nonsense.