Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you procrastinate on sleeping?

EpicEnergy

I love the night, and dreaming, so I can't say that I fight sleeping. 

But I do have a weakness when gaming sometimes.

Nah I never avoid to sleep, actually it's the complete opposite as I'm always trying to regulate my sleep time, It's difficult for me to get sleepy at the "correct time" and if I do, there's no video, film, series, comic, drawing or anything else that prevents me from taking a nap, I think the only exception is a live stream that I really want to watch while it's still going on, so I watch it as far as I can get, but that's rare to happen.

Sleep is pretty important to me, so I don't really procrastinate on it unless I need to get something done urgently. If I get less than like 7 hours of it, I feel like a zombie for pretty much the whole day. :P

More often than I'd like. :lie: I'm naturally a night/very early morning person. What usually happens is that around 7-8pm I'll get a rush of energy after being horribly tired all day, so I'll want to spend that precious energy on art or writing or whatever. But of course, I need to maintain a diurnal schedule to operate in normal society, I know that 10pm should mean bedtime... But I'm busy right now, dammit! XD

I wouldn’t say I procrastinate sleep as much as I just get distracted and lose track of time :P. I’ll watch a long YT video or get immersed in a game and before I know it the birds are already up and chirping outside.

I did procrastinate sleep a lot in college though because I dreaded going to class the next day or was afraid some sort of exam or assignment due. And staying up as long as possible made me (temporarily) feel better lol.

Sleeping is..complicated for me. Not actually sleeping as that's usually fine, but falling asleep can be troublesome. I have to be tired to fall asleep. I can't force myself to sleep whatsoever. That's why christmas eve was always torture for me. :ButtercupLaugh: Basically, if I lie down and I'm not tired, my mind wonders. Endlessly, aimlessly. Like entering a mental void that quickly becomes occupied by way too many thoughts. I've had nights where I would legit go from feeling fine to being near a panic attack because there's too much going on "upstairs". Upon which I have to get back up and focus myself onto something, anything. If I do fall asleep when I'm not tired, I'll get a few hours at best and then I won't be able to do the same thing again that night. 

So I guess that is why I "procrastinate" doing so. My mind won't let me unless I'm too tired to think. 

Um...pretty much every night. :adorkable: My brain clock is one evil little bugger though, likes not letting me sleep, even at times when I honestly do want to turn in. Unfortunately, that also includes times when I'm coming home from an exhausting night shift. :Angry-zip:

(edited)

I'm a night owl, who likes to explore story ideas, bits of science and food concepts, and my brain doesn't usually get to spin its gears till I'm home.

For some reason it was easier to do during highschool. I guess the workload was less in time and capacity. Brush off school work? Sure, and stay up till 3am on Wikipedia reading about how the cantons of Switzerland came about.

My last one was looking into cows for a personal speculative evolution project.

Spoiler

Funny thing was I had the idea back in the summer, and didn't fully dive into it until a few months ago. Maybe 3 days later, someone on YouTube started producing videos for the same idea.

Edited by SharpWit

Never, bacause most of my work and activities are in the daytime. If I sleep too little, I can't do a good job.

Getting a good balance between sleep and activity is incredibly important for good health. Both mentally and physically. Therefore, I never let our "virtual" online life take up too much of my time.

To drop the phone and just sit like an idiot and stare :Pip-giggle: such an underrated thing. Just live in the present, here and now.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes procrastinate on going to bed. It’s a strange inconsistency; when it’s time to wake up I hate to get out of bed, but when it’s time to go to bed I want to stay up. I love my sleep once I finally hit the pillow, but getting there is sometimes a battle.

• smile 2

Sometimes I have trouble staying asleep on nights when the thought of something that I feel like doing comes to mind out of nowhere, especially if it's something that I fear I might forget to do on the following day.

Literally every single day because I some how not tired after a long day of work and I will be at my bed and it will be 12pm or 1am in the morning still awake and when I do fall asleep I will only get like 5 hours of sleep and repeat the process all over again. 

• Hugs 1

On 2024-04-11 at 11:38 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

I sometimes procrastinate on going to bed. It’s a strange inconsistency; when it’s time to wake up I hate to get out of bed, but when it’s time to go to bed I want to stay up. I love my sleep once I finally hit the pillow, but getting there is sometimes a battle.

I'm guilty for procrastinating on sleeping every day Dreamy:awwthanks:  

• Hugs 1

I have times where I do a lot, but then I have times where I do not much. The latter is where I'm at right now. My sleep as of late has been mediocre and I want to get back to better sleeping. Unfortunately now my body is waking up around 6 am no matter whether I want to or not so I either have to go to bed earlier or I don't get enough sleep. =/