Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

1 year anniversary of the movie.

CastletonSnob

It's officially been a year since the movie was released. Time sure flies, huh? 

I thought it would be nice to talk about your thoughts on the movie. Has your opinion of the movie changed in the past year? How excited were you when the movie was announced?

God, the excitement for the movie’s release has to be one of my happiness periods these last years :mlp_icwudt:. Too bad the movie didn’t delivered in many aspects, but I loved a darker take for poneh that should be repeated :fluttershy:.

I was planning in going to Disney Springs at dawn yesterday to take a picture of my Funko edgy horse in it, being the premiere night last year and the place I’ve watched it, but had to work that day :mlp_icwudt:. Oh well, one day I’ll take my pic and post it next year’s ponies around the world :catface:

I still remember people seriously expected the movie to be some sort of huge revolution in the animation industry, talk about delusional

Spoiler

I liked the movie and had a lot of fun with it

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

I still remember people seriously expected the movie to be some sort of huge revolution in the animation industry, talk about delusional

Reveal hidden contents

I liked the movie and had a lot of fun with it

I remember a thread seriously asking if the movie would outdo Frozen at the box office.

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I remember a thread seriously asking if the movie would outdo Frozen at the box office.

There was a ton of dumb shit being speculated, all from the same guy no less. From the runtime to the movie's fucking pacing. 

My opinion of the movie still stands even now after a year. I find it to be okay at best though its many flaws ultimately bring it down.

My thoughts on the film have remained the same. Pretty enjoyable to watch, albiet having a few quirks that make it drag a little.

Feelings are pretty much the same. It doesn't feel like a pony movie. It felt like one of the Fox animation films or early '00s Disney animated films. But with ponies in it. Just so tonally different and the characters feel, not quite OOC but out of sync with where they are int he show. Everpony felt like their S1/S2 selves. All of this combined kept me from getting fully into the film. 

So in my book, it's better than EQG, but not on the level of Rainbow Rocks. 

Just last year, I actually walked to the theater to see the movie on opening day since I didn't have a car at the time. I still feel the journey was worth it. :fluttershy: The movie itself holds up fine for me, especially with me now growing used to the flaw of the villains not being what they could have been. I was very glad to finally hear that it actually made over nine times its budget despite what people were initially speculating because it certainly deserved to be a hit. Also, Rainbow is a song that's going to stick with me for life:yay: