Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Familial relations

ManaMinori

Since Cadance (who is married to Shining Armor) and Blueblood are adopted by Celestia, can we confirm that both Celestia and Luna are part of the Sparkle family? And if Star Tracker is honorary family to the Sparkles, that he is also related to the Princesses (and Prince Blueblood)?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

On 11/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

Since Cadance (who is married to Shining Armor) and Blueblood are adopted by Celestia, can we confirm that both Celestia and Luna are part of the Sparkle family?

It's canon.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, Nightmare Muffin said:

And if Star Tracker is honorary family to the Sparkles, that he is also related to the Princesses (and Prince Blueblood)?

Technically, sure. I bet they never saw him again though. 

According to Hasbro

Princess Cadance, full name Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, is an Alicorn pony who is first featured in the season two finale alongside her husband Shining Armor. She is Flurry Heart's mother, Twilight Sparkle's sister-in-law (after marrying Shining Armor) and former foal-sitter, Princess Celestia's adopted niece,[note 1] and the co-ruler of the Crystal Empire alongside Shining Armor. She is also stated to be "a very distant relative" of Princess Amore, the former unicorn ruler of the Crystal Empire.[3]

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Cadance

Edited by sweetolebob18
add material

According to Wikipedia (that invaluable compendium of meaningless trivia & drivel)

Celestia & Luna are no legal relation to the rest of Twilight's family & there is no commonly accepted term to use for them, although "aunt" is sometimes used

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/297482/what-is-the-relation-of-my-brothers-wifes-nieces-to-me