Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Girl in Town (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles with a chuckle and nods. "Oh, trust me. You won't go wrong with the oat cake." He says, while adding a cola with his order. He listened intently as she explains on where she came from and when she grew up. "I shouldn't be surprised that you got straight A's in both regular and Fashion school. You must have been a really dedicated and hard working student. Just like how your parents helped raise and set a good example." He thought for a moment, before continuing. "I wouldn't say that the ponies here are plotting to cheat others all the time. Unless your a villain who's set on taking over the world." He says and shook his head. "I do know that Fancy Pants is a wealthy and very famous pony, but he's actually a truly kind individual. So, there aren't that many rude ponies in Canterlot. It just depends on how one sees things, in a way."

He hummed in thought as she asked him what his family was like. "Let's see. I grew up in Fillydephia for most of my life. I got pretty good grades in school and my parents worked hard in their professions. My mother is a dance teacher, who helps teach different dance styles to other students. My father was a welder and a pony who loves to race. He went down to the track every weekend to race against his buddies in cars. He even tried to take on the Wonderbolts a couple of times. I was always bullied in school for being kind and just cause they saw me as an easy target. That, and I wasn't really good with magic, so the bullies added fuel to the fire. I was able to stand up to them after some time and finally gained my cutie mark and magic. After I finished high school, I decided to go to Ponyville to become a professional gamer." He says as the order's they asked for had finally arrived.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Bullies suck, my sister gets bullied at school" she says and looks down but smiles "She is a good girl though, she knows she is adopted and just tells them that she doesn't care that she is" she says and then looks around the restaurant "It sounds like you have good parents" she says to him "But you kept referring to your father in the past tense is he..." she reaches over to touch his hand with her paw "It's okay, you don't have to tell me" she says "but it does seem that your parents have raised a good young man, one I am happy to have met"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles, but raised an eyebrow in both surprise and curiosity. "I didn't know that you had a sister. I guess I didn't ask and just found out, but still." He chuckled, before frowning and continuing his train of thought. "Bullies really are the worst. I'm glad to hear that she can stand up for herself and not care that she's adopted. She knows that she has loving parents and a great sister. One, who I'm happy to have as a friend. By the way, is your sister a wolf too, or is she a different kind of creature?" He wondered as he nodded at her remark. The moment she mentioned his dad, he momentarily froze. He felt that he had said too much, but he knew that he should tell her about it. 

He was about to speak, but stopped as she reached out to touch his hand with her paw. It was as if she had given his care and reassurance that everything would be okay. He smiled softly and nods. He knew he would tell her soon when the time was right. "Thank you. They did a really good job in raising me. That really means a lot from what you said. I'm really glad to have met you too." He says, before taking a bite of his food. "Mm...this food is delicious. The food never gets old when I come back to visit." He chuckled as he continued to eat his food.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

She smiles and begins to eat her steak "Mm this steak is so juicy and tender, delicious" she says and then looks to Dynamo with a smile "She's a little fox kit. Rather mischievous but a really big sweetheart" she says after swallowing a bite "I do miss her, even though I've only been here for like a day" she giggles and shakes her head "I think you would love her, and she would love you to bits" she says but then takes another bite "Mm delicious" she says and then looks at him a bit more seriously, "So, are you really just here for the tournament?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles at Scarlet's reaction to the food. "I'm glad that you like it. I told you that the Tasty Treat is a great place to eat at." He chuckled as he took a bite of his sandwich. "Mm the sandwich tastes really good. Made to absolute perfection." He swallows his bite, before listening as Scarlet talked about her sister. "A fox kit, huh? She sounds adorable and very fitting with being mischievous for a fox." He chuckled, before frowning and placing a hand upon her shoulder. "You two must have been really close. The same can be said for you and your parents, huh? Being away from family is never easy. I even miss my mom when I'm not back at my old home." He smiles and chuckles once more. "I hope I get to meet her someday. She sounds like a really nice individual. Although, what makes you say that she'd like me to bits?" He tilted his head to the side in confusion. He also noticed the seriousness in her voice as she asked him her next question. "Yes, I'm definitely visiting Canterlot for the tournament. I was here around half a year to one year ago to compete in a different arcade. I heard it was shut down, due to poor funding. However, this arcade just opened up and they wanted to do a grand tournament opening." He says, before continuing. "Why? Is there something the matter? Did I do anything wrong? If so, then I apologize." He says, while giving her an apologetic look upon his face.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "Oh no,no, no. I was just curious. I mean this city is so big with a whole to to offer, so I was curious, why just come here for a tournament? and do you do other things while you are  here, like explore and go shopping?" she asks with a giggle and then listening to what else he was saying and giggles "As for my sister? Well she's just a really big sweetheart, and put it this way, if I like you, which I do, she will too." she smiles at him, wagging her tail "In all honesty, she is just a cuddly, snuggly little ball of soft fluffy fur" she says, continuing to eat her meal.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles and sighs in relief. "Whew. That's good to hear. I thought I had done something wrong and I was about to freak out." He chuckled as he thought of the last time he was in Canterlot. "Hmm...sometimes I'm just at a place for the tournament. However, I try to find other activities to indulge in to make the trip fun to visit. The last time I was in Canterlot, I went on a tour at the castle, went shopping, and went to the library. I tried to see if they had manga and any spell books that would help me in my magic." He says, before finishing his sandwich and took a drink of his cola. "Why? Did you want to try and explore more of Canterlot, while we are here? I wouldn't mind, to be honest. It would make the trip a lot more fun when hanging out with someone." He chuckles along with her as he listened to Scarlet talk about her sister. He blushed slightly as she said that she liked him. He didn't expect to make a good first impression. 'Does she like me as a friend, or does she like me as more than a friend.' He wondered as he smiled softly at Scarlet. 'Perhaps I'll see how things go and figure out where to go from here.' He nods and chuckles. "I'm glad to hear that. I guess your sister gets that good judge of character from you. I can say the same thing. If I like, which I do, then I know that you're awesome. I hope I get to meet your sister someday." He says as he took a bite out of his oat cake.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and wags her tail "I wouldn't mind exploring more of Canterlot, I mean it depends where I will be living and working. Whether it is here in Canterlot with miss Saddles or in Ponyville with miss Rarity" she says, continuing to eat her food, and sipping on her drink "So what is there to see around here? I can't imagine that the boutique would be only fashion store around here"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles and nods. "Maybe we can explore Canterlot after we are finished eating. It wouldn't hurt to get to know both Canterlot and Ponyville, so you won't get lost, or something along those lines." He says, taking another bite of his food. He thought for a moment as he took a sip of his drink. "You would be right on that assumption. There are a few other fashion stores, but they pale in comparison to Canterlot Boutique. I know there is visiting the castle, there's a library, I think a track/derby for the Wonderbolts. There's also a doughnut shop and the restaurant we are in right now. If you want, we can explore more of Canterlot to see what the place has to offer. I still haven't explored the area and it sounds like fun. Maybe we can also head to the arcade once we're done looking around the city." He says as he finished the last of his food.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "A doughnut shop? Well I haven't had a good doughnut in ages, so count me in for that, as for a tour of the castle, that'd be something akin to a once in a lifetime experience, so also count me in for that too" she says, continuing to eat her meal and looking out the window "So it sure does seem like this city has quite a lot to offer, whether you are a resident or a tourist" she smiles "So I could imagine that the boutique would get plenty of foot traffic and business" she then finishes her drink and smiles at him softly "And well, I couldn't think of a better to have the tour with"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo chuckled as he nodded in agreement to Scarlet's doughnut comment. "Oh, trust me. I know exactly how you feel. It's been ages since I had a doughnut. True, Sugarcube Corner makes some best treats. However, nothing beats a doughnut that's made by Donut Joe himself." He says, taking a sip of his cola, before continuing. "I love the Boston Cream Doughnuts. It's a doughnut that has chocolate frosting on top, but Boston Cream on the inside of said doughnut." He sighed with a chuckle and shook his head. "I'm sorry about that. I remember trying that treat for the first time and I knew that I had to visit whenever I could. I know there's a chance to meet the Princesses during the tour. However, it's a rare opportunity, so you never know." He says as he looked out the window. "I remember that I went with my dad to Canterlot once, when I was little. He wanted to go racing on the track and he met up with some of the Wonderbolts. It was mostly an exhibition and he wanted to race with some of his friends that he brought from Fillydelphia. I didn't understand much about car racing, but it was pretty fun."

He turned back to face her and nods at her train of thought. "That's exactly right. With how busy Canterlot can be. One could imagine how much of a crowd the boutique can get. I've never seen the boutique being opened without any customers in the shop. It just shows how much success Rarity has made with the shop." He smiles softly as he listened to her last remark. "I can say the very same thing. It's fun to go on the tour, but it's better to go with a friend. I couldn't ask for anyone better to go with on the tour." He says as he gets his wallet out to pay for their meals. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "Oh those doughnuts sound divine" she says, wiping some drools from her mouth and blushes a little "It's a plan then, we are definitely going to get a dozen or more of those doughnuts before going to the tour" she says as she finishes her drink "And you're right, even after my interview, the boutique was packed with ponies looking at all the designs" she says with a smile.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling as Scarlet drooled at the mention of doughnuts. "I don't blame you as I would have drooled at the sight of the delicious treats. They do also have other kinds, so there's a good variety in dessert and/or treats." He smiles, before continuing. "That definitely sounds like a plan. Maybe we can make a quick stop at the hotel, before going on the tour. We'll take a few doughnuts with us for the road." He says, while nodding at her remark. "While I was waiting for you interview to conclude, I saw so many ponies entering the store. As soon as a pony entered or exited, another pony took their place. It really goes to show how one store or place can be so popular." He says as he waited patiently for her. He was in no rush and he was happy to spend time with his new friend.

@Dynamo Pad

"An assortment of doughnuts certainly sounds good to me" she says and nod "I would like to stop off at the hotel, put my portfolio away and get changed" she says, her tail slightly wagging "As for the boutique being busy like that, it just goes to show how successful it is and what kind of work load I can expect" she says, finishing her drink and putting it down "Oh and while we're at the hotel, I can show you photos of my family, especially my little sister"

@Scarlet Rose

"Okay. We'll stop at the doughnut shop first and then head back to the hotel. We can eat some doughnuts on the way back, so we won't be hungry during the tour." He says and chuckles in agreement to her statement. "Oh, trust me. I know exactly what you mean. The arcade I work at in Ponyville is always busy. Sometimes I have to fix some broken machines, or I'm helping other gamer's out. It's a crazy job at times, but I love playing video games and arcades. It always feels nice being able to give back to the community in one way or another." He says as he noticed her placing the glass down as she finished her drink. "That sounds perfect to me. We have plenty of time and I'd like to see photos of your family." He says, smiling at the idea. As the two finished their food and drinks, Dynamo went and paid for everything, while leaving a small tip for the delicious food.

After getting out of his chair, he walked over to Scarlet and offered her his hand a smile. "Ready to head back and then explore the town?"

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods as she picks up her things "Certainly, I'm a bit sweaty, so i might need a shower before we leave the hotel room" she says with a light blush and a bit of a nervous giggle. She slowly wags his tail as she begins to lead the way back to the hotel, not that Dynamo needed any guidance, but she still like to take the lead for some odd reason.

@Scarlet Rose

Once Dynamo had seen Scarlet had picked up her belongings, the two made their way out of the Tasty Treat. As the two walked, he noticed that Scarlet had taken the lead. Not that he minded since he knew the way back to the hotel, as well. As she explained what the plan was for returning back to the hotel, the blue unicorn had thought he had seen Scarlet blush. He didn't understand at first, but he didn't want to make a big deal out of anything. "I think that's a good idea. I need to go back to my room and get some games. I told the others at the arcade that I'd be back with some controllers and games later. I think I should take a shower in my hotel room, as well. Playing video games and having the adrenaline, while playing a video game can make you work up a sweat." He chuckled sheepishly, while running a hand through his mane. "Once I gather my belongings, I'll find your room and knock on the door. Does that sound okay, Scar?" He asks as he walked next to her and looked to her.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Of course, and I understand, you have no idea how much of a swear I make up just trying to think up a good design" she says with a smile and then tells him which room she was in and which floor, before heading up to her room to shower and get changed. She then waited for Dynamo to come to her room with his things before they set out again.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles and nods in agreement. "Then I guess it sounds like a plan. I think I can understand what you mean. Working under a bright light and many hours of concentration and working and making designs. I can imagine the dedication and everything that makes a good dress design." He listened to where her room number she was at, before giving the room number he would be at. He waved as he and Scarlet made their way to their respective rooms. After reaching his hotel room, Dynamo entered the room and began to set his book bag with extra game controllers. Once he was done packing his belongings, he freshened up and made sure he looked nice for Scarlet. As twenty minutes went by, Dynamo left the room and began heading towards the room number that Scar would be staying at. It took some time, but he soon managed to locate the room. He nods at the right room number on the door, before knocking on the door to let his friend know that he was here. "Hey, Scar? I'm here and I'm ready to go and explore the town. I hope I didn't make you wait so long." He says apologetically and waited patiently for Scarlet to open the door.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet's ears perk as she heard the knock on the door and then Dynamo's voice "Come in Dynamo, I just finished getting ready and packing my bag" she calls out as she picks up her bag and sips on a coffee. As she sees him come in, she smiles "Also, I got a call from Rarity while I was waiting, do you want to hear the news?" she asks

@Scarlet Rose

At Scarlet's voice, Dynamo opened the door to her hotel room. As he entered the room, he stepped in to see Scarlet, who picked up her bag and was sipping on a coffee. He smiles as he closed the door behind him. "Hey and sorry about that. I was making sure I had all the video games and extra controllers. I told everyone at the shop that I'd stop by later in the day." He chuckles sheepishly as he made his way over to the female wolf. He placed his book bag down near the foot of the bed, before taking a seat in the available chair. "You got a call from Rarity this early? That's pretty awesome. Usually, she's busy with making dresses for clients, or busy with adventures with Twilight and the others." At the mention of news, his eyes widened in surprise and curiosity. "What's the news? Hopefully it's not bad news." He says, staying quiet with baited breath over what Scarlet had to tell him.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "You're telling me, Rarity even told me she had just gotten back from an adventure. But the moment she saw my designs, she called up Miss Saddles, who told her about me. Needless to say, she was so impressed, she wants me to work directly with her in Ponyville" she smiles "A change of scene would be nice, I think" she says and then nods "Its okay, I understand, got to keep your promises, right?" she asks as she then stands up, holding her handbag. "I'm ready to go get those delicious delicacies and then tour the castle, are you?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo chuckles, before smiling. "That sounds about right. I think I remember seeing her and another of the mane 6 leaving on a map mission. It's good to hear that she and the others had returned from their friendship mission." As Scarlet gave the good news on the dresses, Dynamo grinned and jumped up and down in his seat. "That's amazing news! I knew Rarity would love your dress designs. It's like I said. You've got that style, flare and an eye for outfits." He smiles as he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. At the mention of staying in Ponyville, Dynamo couldn't help, but smile. "So, you'll be able to work alongside Rarity in dress making? That's awesome and it's always nice to have a change in scenery from time to time." Dynamo raised an eyebrow as a thought soon occurred to him. "If you'll be staying in Ponyville, then where will you be staying? If you need a place to stay, then you could stay at my place. I have a guest room you can use until you feel set to find a place." He says and nods, while grabbing his book bag. "We'll figure the plan for Ponyville later. For now, I sure am ready. I'm ready for some delicious doughnuts, an interesting tour and top it all off with some fun video games. Most of all, I'll be able to spend time with a great friend." He grins as he offered his arm to the female wolf. "Shall we be on our way, Miss Rose?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles "Thank you Dynamo, it is nice to know someone outside of the industry can see my talent, and also thank you for offering your spare room up to me, I won't be a bother, I promise" she smiles at him and holds his hand and nods "Yes we shall mr Pad, let us go raid the stall of its delicious doughnut goodness" she says with a giggle. As they walked she had an almost skip to her step, as it was quite clear the good news she had gotten from Rarity and then the offer of accommodation from Dynamo put her in a really good mood.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nods at Scarlet's comment and smiles. "You're welcome, Scar and it's no problem. It's somewhat similar to video games in a way. You can have so many combos and ways to play. It's sort of it's own art and one that someone can find appreciation towards. I have a jacket that got made when I was younger. Turns out that the jacket was made by Rarity and I was surprised. The design and craftsmanship in the jacket were carefully made. It's a jacket I take with me when it's cold out, or when I go to video game tournaments. You'll see when I compete in the tournament tomorrow." He says as he waves his hand towards her. "You're welcome and you won't be a bother to me, Scar. You're my friend and it'll be nice to have some company to spend time with." He says as he felt the female wolf take his hand into hers. He chuckled along with her as he nods with a grin. "Then, let us go and get the deliciousness that is doughnuts!" He exclaims as they left the hotel room and made their way towards the doughnut shop. As they walked, Dynamo noticed Scarlet was skipping in her step. He couldn't help, but chuckle at how cute the female wolf was being. "It seems that someone is in high spirits." He smiles as he couldn't blame her. Hearing that his friend will be working with Rarity must be a dream come true.