Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Girl in Town (1x1 with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet grimaced a bit but then sighs "So long as the soda is only something like Sprite or Lemon Crush, then you're fine, but any other soda doesn't really help with dehydration" she states and then takes out a map "I managed to get a map of the area from the front desk" she says and lays it out for him "It looks like there's a good path here, doesn't seem to be much traffic going through here, so it'll be nice and peaceful, plus you've got plenty of foliage to look at and admire" she suggests "And there's a hill over here where we can stop and then make our way to the Arcade for the tournament, what do you think?"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo noticed the face Scarlet had made, before smiling and shook his head. "It's okay and there's no need to worry, Scar. I brought water with me because I know a carbonated beverage can become flat. I guess that would defeat the purpose if you took soda with you." He says as the female wolf brought out a map. Dynamo looked over her shoulder as she suggested a jogging route. "I think that would be a good idea. It doesn't look like a long distance to travel for a starting route. Plus, I think looking at the foliage would be nice. It gives you a nice view of the nature all around you." He says, nodding in agreement. He smiled as she mentioned a hill to stop at, before going to the arcade. "I didn't think there would a location like that in Canterlot. It's always fancy this and fancy that. It doesn't feel like there is anything peaceful or something nice for ponies or creatures to enjoy. Even so, I think the jogging route is perfect." He says, standing right next to the female wolf and was ready to jog. "I'm ready to go whenever you are. I guess we'll go at an even pace, while staying close. We don't know much of the landscape of Canterlot, so it's better to stick together than to get lost. Does that sound okay, Scar?"

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Good, good, and you are right, it is mostly a cityscape here, lots of roads and buildings, but I had asked the girl at the front desk and she showed me this route, says this is the route that she takes." she says and studies the route "Though, I believe it might be a good idea to just take it at a easy pace, so no speed running, just a slow jog, how does that sound for you?" she asks then looks at him with a nod "And sticking together is a good idea as well"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nods with a smile, while looking around the regal city around them. "It seems like there are other residents, who like to take jogs around Canterlot." He noted, before continuing. "I think you'll like jogging around Ponyville when we get there. There are many more routes to go jogging. Some routes had to be altered because those routes lead to the Everfree Forest. A place that's been said to be forbidden to go towards." He says, looking back at the map to make sure where they would need to go. After taking some time memorize the route, he looked back to the female wolf and nodded at her suggestion. "That sounds good to me. We've got plenty of time, before the tournament starts. Plus, we just got done eating some breakfast. So, we can go at a light jogging pace. Once we fell all warmed up, we can speed run." He says, taking a deep breath of the morning air around them. "I guess we shall be on our way, then. Let us go, my friend!" He exclaims, jogging at a slow pace down the path. The female wolf jogging alongside him, while he looked at all the foliage that they jogged past.

@Dynamo Pad

Some time later, they both arrived at the small clearing and overlook that Scarlet had mentioned earlier and were taking a short break. Scarlet smiles as she takes a swig from her water bottle and looks out to the view. "Such a great view from up here, you can see the arcade from here too" she says, pointing out the sign for the arcade, it wasn't gaudy or a neon sign, like those in Las Pegasus, but it was large enough to be seen from certain distances and had just a few lights to light it up, especially at night. "Guess, we can charter our walk back to the arcade, seeing where it is" she suggests, then taking the map out, marking out where the arcade is. 

@Scarlet Rose

After some time passed, the two had arrived at the small clearing of the hill. The location had an overlook, where one could see a part of the city. Dynamo sat down on the grass, placing his saddle bag next to him. He took out bottle of water, before taking a drink and catching his breath. "I guess I'm not in as much shape as I thought. Although, I think that will change after going on a few more morning jogs." He says, turning his attention to the female wolf, who was looking out to the view. "I'm pretty surprised that the jog didn't take that long. We were even going at a somewhat walking pace and got her in no time at all." He says, looking out to the view with a smile. He sighed softly as he felt a cool breeze wash over him. "It's beautiful views of the town that never seem to get old to me, in my opinion." He says, nodding as she pointed out the arcade. He squinted, before noticing the building in question. The building had a few lights, but the lights weren't flashy to make the building look extravagant. "I guess the arcade wasn't as far away as we thought. Granted, the arcade is a few blocks away from the hotel." He says, nodding in agreement to the female wolf's suggestion. "That sounds like a plan. We can either go back the way we went, or we can go about a different route." He says, seeing that Scarlet had taken out the map to check around the area of the town. He stood up to look over her shoulder to help chart a new route. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "How about we go a different route? I mean we are walking there, not jogging" she says and then hears his remark on him not being that fit "You'll get there hon, don't worry" she smiles as she takes another drink of water, feeling the breeze go past her and gently make her hair flow behind her. "Ready to get going? I'm itching to see what games this arcade has" 

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nodded at Scarlet's suggestion of taking another route. "I don't see why not. We don't want to jog and work up a sweat, before making our way over to the arcade. Besides, it's better to walk and spend time with others, while also appreciating the scenery around them." He says, nodded at her remark as he took another drink of water. As he put the water bottle back in his saddle bag, he looked at Scarlet, while the wind made her hair flow behind her. He blushed slightly as he thought she looked beautiful. He smiles and nods at her question, while also taking her paw into his hand. "I'm all set to get going. I think you'll love the arcade. They mostly have the up to date games that are available. They do have a few old classic games, but nothing special that other gamer's like to play. The arcade is a lot better in Ponyville, in my opinion." He says, as they two started walking down the path towards the arcade.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "You're right there, oh I packed some spray on deodorant so we can smell nice before going into the arcade." she smiles and begins to walk they route they agreed on, "As for the kind of games I like, well I like some of the fighting games, but I really love games that are Metroidvania type games, as well as Roguelike. But my favorites would be the puzzle solving platformers. Ever played Tanglewood or Hollow Knight?" she smiles "those type of games are my favorites"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiles and nods gratefully at the spray on deodorant. "Thank you and I really appreciate that. We should definitely be presentable when going to a tournament. Especially a tournament that's being held in Canterlot of all places." He chuckled as they walked down the route they agreed upon. He stayed quite, while listening to the types of games that she liked to play. "I'm glad that you like fighting games like I do. Is Metroidvania a crossover between Metroid and Castlevania? It's the fist time that I've ever heard of a game like that. It does sound interesting, in my opinion." He says, raising an eyebrow, before shaking his head. "Unfortunately, I have never played or heard of those games. I heard of Tangled, but I know that's a Disney movie. Although, they are adding that world in the new Kingdom Hearts 3 game. I know it's not the same, but I have heard of Shovel Knight, if that counts." He smiled sheepishly, before continuing. "The only puzzle solving platformer that I've ever heard of was Catherine. I mostly play fighting games, action/adventure, RPG, and some racing games like Mario Kart." He says with a smile. 

@Dynamo Pad

She chuckles and shakes her head "Nope, Anything that is called Metroidvania is a game that has a very similar or even the same sort of gameplay and style to Metroid." she says and continues on the walk with him "As for Tanglewood, it's not Disney related" she smiles "What it is, is that you're character is a little fox called Nymn and he is lost from his home. So you have to help him make his way home, while avoiding the dangers of the night time" she explains, "Ooh yes, I cannot wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, once we get it, we're going to have so much fun" she says and then listens to his type of games "Mario Kart is always fun, especially with friends"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo had a look of awe as he nodded at her explanation, before chuckling with a smile. "Oh, okay and that makes sense. That's also pretty cool when you put it that way. I have never really played any of the Metroid games. I never even knew what Metroid was until I saw Samus in the Smash Brothers series. Although, I remember G4TV had done a Cheat episode that revolved around the retro games. They had done a guide on the NES Metroid game, as well as Super Mario, Mega Man and Punch Out." He says, as they soon arrived back into the city of Canterlot. "Tanglewood sounds like a pretty interesting game. Also, the main character is aweseome because foxes are pretty cool. Would it also be cool if the main character of the game was a wolf?" He asks with a wink. "I'm guessing it's a side scroll game, but it's to get to the end of the game and complete objectives?" He asks, before grinning at her thoughts of Kingdom Hearts. "I honestly can't believe the game is almost here. I think it comes out this week. I know we're definitely going to play the game together. I think we can complete the game in about three days." He chuckles and shook his head as she gave her thought on Mario Kart. "The game is definitely fun, but it's known as the game that ruins friendships. Wait...I think that suits Mario Party or Dokapon Kingdom a little more." He says as he chuckled once more. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "I could see maybe a sequel to Tangelwood with a wolf being the player character, but that is also up to the developers" she says and then laughs a bit at the description of Mario Kart "How about Monopoly? I'm sure that's the main cause of broken friendships" she says and shakes her head as they soon arrive at the arcade "Well here we are" she says with a smile "I'm gonna go explore a bit, check out some games, and let you get settled in for your tournament" she says, giving him a hug and then going over to look at some of the machines.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nodded at Scarlet's comment with a smile. "That's true, but you never know. I can even see the fox character meeting the wolf character. Sort of a crossover, or something along those lines. Remember in the game, Ponymon Gold, Silver and Crystal? How at the end that the player meets Red on the top of Mt. Silver? Something like that would be cool for the Tanglewood sequel. Only, there wouldn't be a Ponymon battle of course." He chuckled once more, before nodding in agreement. "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about Monopoly. Especially if you have to do trades, buying things, or losing payments when landing on someone's houses." He says, shaking his head at the memories. "I remember seeing a video and someone lost their mind. It was funny, but I felt so bad for them." He says as the two soon arrived at the arcade. "I'm glad we went on the jog. I feel full of energy from the run and now I'm not feeling as nervous." He says, not realizing that someone else was already at the arcade. "Okay and sounds like a plan to me. Just call for me if you need me. If you see any games that you want to play, then let me know." He smiles, returning the hug as the two decided on a plan. The blue unicorn reluctantly pulled back from the hug, before making his way over to the front desk to sign up for the tournament. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nuzzles him as she nods "Sure thing, I can't imagine that the tournament would go for all day, so we should have some time to play some games together as well" she says and then skips over to the arcade machines. She then sees the new machine with Hollow Knight and she squeals excitedly, jumping up and down, wagging her tail and clapping her paws happily.

One of the young stallions that was participating in the tournament looks to Scarlet then to Dynamo "Damn dude, how'd you hook such a cutie?" the stallion, Chill, asks.

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo nods in agreement with a smile, before returning the nuzzle. "I hope the tournament doesn't go on for all day. I've been through that before and I can tell you that it gets boring. Along with playing some games together, maybe we can go celebrate with everything that's happened." He says, watching her skip off towards the arcade machines. He looked back and chuckled as she squealed in happiness over the game she was playing.

Once he was finished signing in, he was about to walk back over to the female wolf. However, he was stopped as a young stallion had looked to Scarlet and then towards Dynamo. The gaming unicorn's ears perked as Chill had asked him a question. Dynamo could only chuckle sheepishly, while running the back of his neck. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. She and I are friends, at the moment. I am hoping to ask her if she likes me as more than a friend." He says, holing out his hand to the young stallion. "By the way, my name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. It's nice to meet you, Mr..."

Suddenly and without warning, a new individual had made his appearance. "So, that cutie is still up for the taking, huh? Might as well jump at the chance, before you claim her, D-Pad!" This caused Dynamo to narrow his eyes slightly as he recognized the voice. "Oh, great. Out of all the gamer's here, you would have to be the one to show up, Cheap Shot." The red earth pony, Cheap Shot, had turned and grinned smugly. "At least you haven't forgotten me. That actually makes me happy. All the more reason to give some much needed payback for Cosmic." Dynamo grit his teeth as he hoped to never run into Cheap, as well as Cosmic again. "Knock it off with the pleasantries. What you doing here, Cheap?" The red earth pony walked backwards slowly. Taking a small step after step towards the female wolf. "Oh, come on now. You're not happy to see me? Would you have rather seen Frozen, or even the boss? I know they'd be livid knowing that I found you. Of course, I'm here for the gaming tournament. Why would I be wasting my time watching, when I could just eliminate the competition. Speaking of which..." He muttered the last part as he went over to Scarlet. He hit the side of the arcade machine she was playing on as the loud noise was his way of getting one's attention. "Hey there, cutie. I'm in a tournament, but I have to deal with these wastes of talent. If you're not busy later, maybe you and I can get some dinner together? What do you think?" He asks, giving her his best impression of a dreamy eyed look.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Chill was about to shake Dynamo's hand before Cheap Shot appeared out of no-where, he mutters "Shove off Cheap" he mutters and then listens to Dynamo a bit before watching Cheap go over to Scarlet "you best get onto it Dynamo, I'd hate to see a girl like her be in the clutches of that jerk" he says, "I can't believe they haven't banned him from the tournaments yet" he sighs "But before you go, I'm Chill" he says, finally shaking his  hand.

Scarlet eeped a little at the loud noise and pouts as her game ended from the sudden hit to the machine "The hell!?" she growls and turns around to see the stallion looking at her. "And just what makes you think I'd go out with you? I heard what you called my friend" she says, starting to growl and raising her hackles. "Buzz off before I tear you apart" she growls to him once more "If anyone is a waste of time, it'd be you"

@Scarlet Rose

Cheap could only scoff at Chill's attempt to be tough. "Oh, please. Like you could do anything, Chill. To me, you're one of the few weakest gamer's at this arcade. So, what makes you think you can hold a candle to me?" Dynamo rolled his eyes at Cheap's behavior, before shaking his head as he nods at Chill's advice. "You're right about that. I was hoping to ask her out after the tournament. I just hope I can get to asking her sooner rather than later." He glanced to Chill and nods at his statement. "It's the same thing I ask myself every time I see him at a tourney. Honestly? I think it's because of his father, Big Shot. Since Cheap comes from a rich family, he'll do anything to get what he wants. He really shouldn't think he can claim anything because he was born into greatness." He says, raising his eyebrows in surprise as the colt had introduced himself. He smiled, while returning the handshake. "It's nice to meet you Chill. I hope you and I can go far into the tournament. Hopefully, we'll be able to take this guy down."

Cheap looked as the game had instantly shut off from his actions. "Whoops. So sorry, but it looked like you were going to lose anyway. I might as well have saved you the trouble, you know?" He could only frown as she turned down his request. "Seriously? You call him a friend? Here I thought he was your boyfriend, but then I hear your still single. Although, I'm not surprised. You can do much better than him as boyfriend material. Even so, what makes you think the two of you are friends?" He watched as she tried to intimidate him, but he only narrowed his eyes, while raising an eyebrow. "So, you think you can threaten me? You have no idea who you're messing with. I can make all of your dreams come true. I can make everything worthwhile. That's only if you will be with me." He says, gasping in shock at what she had called him. "Fine! See if I care. I can see why you two are made for each other. A loser for a loser, if you ask me." He huffed, before making his way to the front desk to register. What the others didn't know was that he was going to make sure everything was fixed for this tournament.

As Cheap had finally left Scarlet alone, Dynamo had rushed over to the female wolf. "Are you okay, Scar? He didn't hurt you or do anything, right?" He asks, placing a comforting hand upon her shoulder. A look of care and concern was etched into his eyes.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet just watched Cheap leave and sighed a little in relief "You'd hate to see what I can do" she growls at him "You think because I hang out with Dynamo, that I'm a loser? You just so happen to have been talking to a well known fashion designer and I too come from a very wealthy family. Money isn't everything"  she says and then sees as Dynamo goes over to her and she sighs, "Just my pride and my feelings. I can't believe the nerve of that guy" she says, hugging him "Come to think of it..he looks familiar..he wasn't.." she looks to him "I think he was the bully from yesterday"

Chill muttered "Jerk" under his breath as he watched what Cheap was doing towards Scarlet, he then follows Dynamo to her "Hey, sorry bout that guy, he's a real jerk. Bullies everyone he thinks is bellow him. I'm Chill by the way" he says, taking her paw and shaking it "Trust me, you'd be much better off with a guy like Dynamo, we only just met, but I've heard a lot about him" he says, smiling at Dynamo "which reminds me, I bet Cheap is going to get his dad to fix the tournament"

@Scarlet Rose

Cheap could only wave his hand as he didn't care what anyone thought. He did listen slightly as Scarlet had mentioned about coming from a wealthy family. As she told him that money wasn't everything, Cheap could only roll his eyes. "I guess you wouldn't know better, princess. Money can get you everything you could ever ask for. Power, fame, and just about anything you can ask. So, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about." He says, discussing how the brackets would be set up. He tried to fix some matches, but found that the owner was being adamant on keeping things the way they are. The red earth pony smirked, while nonchalantly sliding a couple of bits over to the owner of the arcade. He grinned as he was able to get what he wanted, in the end. He'd show everyone that he and the others were never to be disrespected.

Dynamo frowned as Scarlet had said her pride and feelings were hurt. He returned the hug, while gently rubbed her back soothingly to try and keep her calm. "I'm sorry he acted that way to you. He always does that to everyone he meets. He thinks he can buy everyone's trust, love and happiness. What he's doing is truly disgraceful." He tilted his head as she brought up seeing Cheap from somewhere. At the mention of him being the bully, Dynamo's eyes widened. "You mean that's the guy who knocked your drink into you?" He looked back as Cheap and the stallion from yesterday were one and the same. "Yeah, you're right! I can't believe that was him." He grit his teeth as Cheap was now starting to bother him. He tried to take a deep breath and tried to not allow his old bully to get to him or Scar. "I can promise that you won't have to worry about a thing. Once we beat him, I promise that he'll leave you alone." He says, giving the female wolf a soft smile.

He smiled as he saw Scarlet and Chill had gotten acquainted with each other. He blushed at what Chill had said, but he knew that Chill was trying to set Dynamo and Scarlet up. He smiled as he appreciated the assistance from a friend. He sighed as he looked to Cheap, before shaking his head. "I honestly wouldn't put it past you to say such claims. I don't know what he's planning to do. Whatever it is, I can tell that this won't be good."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Chill looks between the two of them then to Cheap "Are you serious? First he bullies you yesterday and then tries to hit on you?" he asks and shakes his head "That sounds so much like something he would do" he says then smiles a little at Dynamo "Hey, no problem mate, I mean we've got to stick together right? We can't let the bullies win" he says and sees that he was indeed right about his hunch and sighs "Looks like it's gonna be fixed, as usual" he then grins "Which will just make our victories over him all the more bitter sweet"

Scarlet nods and sighs "I hope you're right Dynamo, I can't wait to be free of that loser"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo could only nod with a sigh at Chill's question. "Unfortunately, he did. I guess he didn't recognize us from yesterday. That, or he was in a rush to play that he didn't care who was in the way. He was never the type of pony to have manners." He says, returning the smile that Chill had given him. "True gamer's need to stick together. If the bullies win, then playing video games wouldn't be as much fun, to be honest." He says, narrowing his eyes as the bully was already fixing the fights to his advantage. "I feel bad for everyone, who doesn't want to fight those they don't want to face." He says, chuckling at Chill's grin as he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. If one of us wins, then that makes it all the more worthwhile to win. That, and we can drag him from his invisible throne he's perched himself high upon."

Dynamo nods, while giving the female wolf a hug. "I know you do and same here. He gives gamer's and other's a bad name. Sure, you're from a rich family, but you're really nice. You're kind, sweet, funny and cute." He says, muttering the last part softly. "Even so, he has no right to going around treating others the way he does. He'll regret the day he crossed paths with the three of us." He says, the owner of the shop trying to get the attention of the competitors. "Okay! Listen up, everyone! We're going to start the tournament in just a moment. I just want you to look at the bracket and see who you will be fighting." The owner stated as Dynamo began to go up to the front desk. "Oh, by the way! I almost forgot to mention. Cheap Shot will have an automatic spot in the winner's finals. Not only that, but the pony, known as Kyubiki Tenchu, will be starting in the lower brackets for the tourney." Dynamo stopped in his step as he heard the announcement being called. "Wait a minute. What just happened!? I'm going to have to start in the lower brackets, while everyone gets two chances?" Cheap could only smile and wave in the direction of Dynamo, Scarlet and Chill. "You're welcome, by the way. I mean it's a fitting spot, in my opinion. I'm up at the top with the best. At the same time, you start at the bottom and have to make your way back up. That's what anyone gets if they stand in my way. Besides, princess wanted nothing to do with me, so I felt this is an even payback. Good luck, if you can even make it that far." He laughed maliciously, while walking off to enjoy the other matches.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet heard the announcement "Sorry about that guys, but you know, show him who's boss. Teach him he can't bully others and that money can't buy everything" she says giving them both a hug before kissing Dynamo on the cheek "Go get 'em Dynamo, after last night, I'm sure you can knock em out of the water" she says, taking her drink and sipping on it, she then grins, "Dynamo, just one more thing" she says, and waits for him to turn back to her, she then kisses him on the mouth "For good luck" she smiles and hugs him once more "Make me proud honey" she says and then goes back to her game, grumbling about how she had to start all over again.

Chill laughs "I think it might be safe for you to say that she likes you more than just friends" he says to Dynamo "Come on, let's get revenge on Cheap for being well, his namesake and also for bullying Scarlet, she doesn't deserve such treatment"

@Scarlet Rose

Dynamo smiled softly and shook his head, while Scarlet had apologized to him and Chill. "There's no need to apologize Scar. Cheap's family is one of the richest families in all of Equestria. Even more than the Rich Family in Ponyville. Only Cheap would go so far as to sabotage an event like this." He says, nodding at her remark. "You've got it. We'll make sure that he can't treat others unkindly and get away with it. He'll be sorry, that's for sure." He says, returning the hug. What caught him off guard was Scarlet kissing him on the mouth. It was a brief kiss, but he stood frozen as she went back to her game.

He blinked and shook his head, while Chill was laughing at what had happened. "Uh...so that just happened, right?" He asks, tilting his head in confusion and surprise. He glanced to Chill, before nodding at his claim. "I guess you're right. I was afraid she might not feel the same, but then again, she might. I know she said the kiss was for good luck, but I'll still talk to her about our relationship later." He says, gaining a serious, yet determined look upon his face. "Right now, we need to teach this guy a lesson. A lesson that it's wrong and disrespectful to mistreat a lady." He says, going over to take a seat and waiting for his turn in the tournament. As the matches got underway, Cheap stayed back and watch the matches unfold. He remember seeing the earlier display between Dynamo and Scarlet, before wincing. 'Ugh...I think I'm going to be sick. I'll make it so that she sees him in a bad light. Relationships are for the weak and this tournament will prove it.' He thought with a terrifying grin.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiled and wagged her tail, sipping on her drink and taking a break from her gaming to watch the tournament, "Come on Dynamo! You can do it!" she cheers him on, if Cheap was going to try to make Dynamo look bad, it would take a lot for Scarlet to see him in that way. She ordered herself a burger and some fries. "Come on Dynamo! Make me proud!" she continues to cheer him on.

Chill smiles over at Scarlet then to Dynamo "Hey Dynamo, just know, if you do beat me, I won't hold anything against you" he reassures his new friend "You seem pretty cool and somepony i'd love to hang out with, but I'd be alert, there's no doubt that Cheap will try to make you look bad in front of Scarlet, but no matter what, I'll have your back dude"